Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What's that off in the distance?

• 613 posts
    June 9, 2016 9:25 AM PDT

Roll up to the front gate a challenge the entire lot!  Of course I would do it on my flying fire breathing dragon....LOL 

Ox

• 1468 posts
    June 9, 2016 9:31 AM PDT

I'd probably get a guild group together and go exploring with friends. Exploring on your own is fun and all but exploring with friends is the most I think you can have in an MMO. Always people around to discuss things with.

If I couldn't get a guild group together because everyone was busy or it was an off peak time I'd probably try and get a pick up group going although this assumes that it is right when the game is new and people haven't already figured out where everything is. If they have I'd just try and set up a group at an already established camp.

But that is the part of the game I am really looking forward to. Where the game is so new there are still mysteries about what and where everything is. That is when the exploring is the most rewarding.

• 63 posts
    June 9, 2016 10:22 AM PDT

As the god-power weilding Crusader I am, I carefully yet confidently tread towards the POI, swiveling my head, doing best to avoid aggro, until I have reached a distance to have the environmental situation in view. As I am mesmorized by the world and its wonder before me, I focus in on the POI only to realize I have drawn unwanted aggro from a nearby local. I turn to face the encroacher, slam him mercilessly with my rune-covered shield followed by a mighty crack over the skull of the asasilant with my silver-forged hammer. The attacker recovers effortlessly and overpowers me making it abundantly clear I will not last long in its presence. I scurry to nearest town with tail between legs whilst whimpering incoherent prayers of protection and healing hoping the persuer will soon lose interest or I encounter an ally.

Having successfully fled the encounter earlier I gather other proud defenders of the faith to my cause. We will drive the fear of our gods into that heathen and pillage his land in the name of the faith. 

• 96 posts
    June 9, 2016 10:50 AM PDT
    As an enchanter, I would find a safe spot and Cast Sight onto a mob until I found one with a view into the castle. Repeat until I couldn't get any farther, or until I found something of interest. Only then would I decide if I wanted to risk it on my own with a charmed pet, or if I would rally the troops
    • 257 posts
    June 9, 2016 1:24 PM PDT

I would take my time scouting the new area. Then when I'm deep in the middle of it all I will go braindead, decide to AFK to make a cup of coffee, come back and /gu heeeeeeeeeelp! need CR please!

• 363 posts
    June 9, 2016 1:31 PM PDT

I'd definitely scout the area. fighting any mobs I felt I could take, until I reached a point where either:

i. I could no longer progress without a group, then decide if I want to group or not

ii. The area didn't seem all that interesting to me

iii. I negelected to pay attention and some wandering baddie smashes me flat, forcing me to reflect upon the errors of my ways, and move on 

• 264 posts
    June 9, 2016 2:55 PM PDT

Upon realizing that I do not normally see it from this direction, I suddenly remember where I am and I walk up and open the gate and welcome you to my home in Pantheon.

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:57 PM PDT

Haha, love the answers folks, so many brave people here ;)

• 2419 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:53 PM PDT

Easy...go in solo first.  Why not?  As a Shaman I'd buff up with everything I've got, then invis up and go check it out.

• 2138 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:16 PM PDT

That's my home town!, you've never been? follow me, let me show you where the bank is, and other neat things you might find interesting.

• 85 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:27 PM PDT

I'm with the "go on in and explore the area solo" crowd.  Hopefully I make it out alive.  If I don't make it, I'll definitely be coming back later with friends, or maybe when I'm a bit higher level.  And then, I will kill them all.  :)

This post was edited by Sylee at June 9, 2016 7:28 PM PDT
    • 38 posts
    June 10, 2016 12:59 AM PDT
    I would definitely run in there, proceed to die... then maybe talk about some phat lewt I got from the place and lure an unsuspecting friend to his death... and finally get a group together and try our luck :D
    • 671 posts
    June 10, 2016 5:41 AM PDT

Find the highest vantage point and begain to watch & study the inhabitants. Then a full exploration, starting from the perimeter wall.. 

• 132 posts
    June 11, 2016 7:14 PM PDT

I will be a cleric to start off, but I couldn't just see something like this without trying to get close enough to see what's around it or in it (if I could get that far) 

Really hope to make some good friends and find a good, Friendly, fun guild so I won't have to scout alone. 

I've been playing MMO's since EQ was introduced, and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to trying stupid things like scouting as a cleric ;p 

I really hope there are some cool landmarks like EQ had. Like Specter Tower in SRO, Giant lava pit ( sol a / b entrance), docks in NRO/SRO, etc. 

• 89 posts
    June 13, 2016 7:53 PM PDT

I would definitely attempt to check it out alone.  But, if the penalty for failure was painful, I would definitely wait for friends!