Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What's that off in the distance?

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 4:09 AM PDT

Off in the distance you spot something, do you dare check it out alone or would you wait for your friends or guild members first?

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at June 9, 2016 4:09 AM PDT
    • 91 posts
    June 9, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

I would check it out, from a fairly good distance... youll never know, whats around the corner... As a Magician, im not a Scout... But im always curious, whats behind those corners :P. Back, in my very early days of EQ, i was that type of:

"/g Hey, whats that?

"/g UhOh! RUN!!"-Typus :P.

• 724 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:07 AM PDT

Definitely check it out alone first. Using my trusty Eye of Zomm (as a magician). Pantheon will have something like Eye of Zomm, right? *hopes*

If it looks like it might be interesting, call friends and check it out together :)

This post was edited by Sarim at June 9, 2016 5:08 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:21 AM PDT

lyrina said:

I would check it out, from a fairly good distance... youll never know, whats around the corner... As a Magician, im not a Scout... But im always curious, whats behind those corners :P. Back, in my very early days of EQ, i was that type of:

"/g Hey, whats that?

"/g UhOh! RUN!!"-Typus :P.

Haha, accurate summary mate ;) 

• 769 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:22 AM PDT

Oh, simple! Since rogue would be my first character for exactly this reason, I'd scout the area. Try to learn as much of it as I could. Locate any points of interest, or named, or just a general lay of the land. Once I've gotten as much as I safely could out of my rogue, log into my Crusader, start a PUG, and go to town.

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:22 AM PDT

Sarim said:

Definitely check it out alone first. Using my trusty Eye of Zomm (as a magician). Pantheon will have something like Eye of Zomm, right? *hopes*

If it looks like it might be interesting, call friends and check it out together :)

Nice, Sarim!

/note to Devs, nerf Eye of Zomm lol ;)

• 91 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:25 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

/note to Devs, nerf Eye of Zomm lol ;)

NOOOOO! ;)

This post was edited by lyrina at June 9, 2016 5:26 AM PDT
    • 563 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:41 AM PDT

I would probably try to scout it out alone if I wasn't already with a group trying to be careful, then probably run, then probably die.

As the saying goes, curiosity killed the cleric... I mean cat :P

This post was edited by Rachael at June 9, 2016 5:42 AM PDT
    • 644 posts
    June 9, 2016 5:46 AM PDT

Agreed - I find the "stealth game" to be the most immersive MMORPG experience.

In EQ, I played a rogue for a while and loved this.  Since I couldn't solo much as a rogue I didn't get a lot of opportunities to do this so, frankly, lost my enthusiasm for it.  As a Druid I constantly ported all over the world, camo-ed, tracked, explored and evac-ed when things when bad.  As a Mage, I used EoZ extensively.  As a Necro I flop-dropped through dungeons and loved it.  But, it was the Enchanter in me that had the most fun with this - I would invis, pacify, illusion, sneak, mezz mobs to find out what's around the corner.  And it was completely and utterly terrifying the whole time.

• 409 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:34 AM PDT

Honestly? I'd get a close as I could to see what we were dealing with.. then wait for friends if it's something worth checking out; else I'd move on.

This post was edited by Nimryl at June 9, 2016 6:35 AM PDT
    • 793 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:41 AM PDT

Run in screaming incoherently, flailing my sword around haphazardly......

/gu Anybody able to summon a corpse for me please?

Reality..I would investigate best I could while I await my friends to arrive.

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:44 AM PDT

Rachael said:

I would probably try to scout it out alone if I wasn't already with a group trying to be careful, then probably run, then probably die.

As the saying goes, curiosity killed the cleric... I mean cat :P

Haha, it certainly did and the sneaky Rogue! ;)

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

fazool said:

Agreed - I find the "stealth game" to be the most immersive MMORPG experience.

In EQ, I played a rogue for a while and loved this.  Since I couldn't solo much as a rogue I didn't get a lot of opportunities to do this so, frankly, lost my enthusiasm for it.  As a Druid I constantly ported all over the world, camo-ed, tracked, explored and evac-ed when things when bad.  As a Mage, I used EoZ extensively.  As a Necro I flop-dropped through dungeons and loved it.  But, it was the Enchanter in me that had the most fun with this - I would invis, pacify, illusion, sneak, mezz mobs to find out what's around the corner.  And it was completely and utterly terrifying the whole time.

Yeah, I hope for my own selfish reasons that stealth is meaningful and done well, I won't be much of a Rogue without it ;) 

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

Nimryl said:

Honestly? I'd get a close as I could to see what we were dealing with.. then wait for friends if it's something worth checking out; else I'd move on.

Sounds like a smart move to me ;)

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 6:46 AM PDT

Fulton said:

Run in screaming incoherently, flailing my sword around haphazardly......

/gu Anybody able to summon a corpse for me please?

Reality..I would investigate best I could while I await my friends to arrive.

Haha, love it! I can imagine there will be a few of those whether people like to admit it or not ;)

• 95 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:32 AM PDT

Go gallivanting and exploring for what wonders exist in the distance. 

Spend 3 hours collecting the 17 corpses left in the bowels of the keep and 5 hours looking for someone kind enough to rez my corpses and return 1-2 levels worth of experience.

• 1778 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:38 AM PDT

Its probably the rogue in me (whatever class Im actually playing). But Id probably scope it out and do a wide circle of the place. You know checking out if one approach is better than another. Or if there is something of interest outside it like a shrine or an abandoned well or a back entrance in through some sewers. I might even go in and check out the inside a bit if the entrance isnt swarming with enimes. But ultimatly Id call/wait for my group.

• 207 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:48 AM PDT

I'd ivistigate as best I could, hopefully they'll be potions or powders for cloaking I can use to see how far in I can go! Then I'll make corny jokes as I wait for my friends to come rezoning me lmao 

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:49 AM PDT

Janthu said:

Go gallivanting and exploring for what wonders exist in the distance. 

Spend 3 hours collecting the 17 corpses left in the bowels of the keep and 5 hours looking for someone kind enough to rez my corpses and return 1-2 levels worth of experience.

Haha, at least you're honest Janthu! ;)

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:49 AM PDT

Amsai said:

Its probably the rogue in me (whatever class Im actually playing). But Id probably scope it out and do a wide circle of the place. You know checking out if one approach is better than another. Or if there is something of interest outside it like a shrine or an abandoned well or a back entrance in through some sewers. I might even go in and check out the inside a bit if the entrance isnt swarming with enimes. But ultimatly Id call/wait for my group.

Yeah, nice that is what I usually do :)

• 9115 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:50 AM PDT

Grimix said:

I'd ivistigate as best I could, hopefully they'll be potions or powders for cloaking I can use to see how far in I can go! Then I'll make corny jokes as I wait for my friends to come rezoning me lmao 

Haha, exactly ;)

• 781 posts
    June 9, 2016 7:56 AM PDT

Nimryl said:

Same here ;)

• 556 posts
    June 9, 2016 8:05 AM PDT

As a warrior, I'd scout the entrance area before pre shouting "Train to X zone" then commence to training through the castle getting very quick looks around for any named or POI's then train out to zoneline. All the while, praying I don't hit a dead end. If I do well then I'll call guild lol.

• 1303 posts
    June 9, 2016 8:12 AM PDT

Oh I'd definately go scout it out on my necro. I'd poke and prod around the outer perimeter to see what unweary gaurds I could pick off, or what ungaurded entry point I might find. At the very least I'd get close enough to figure out where I'd like to bring a group to break into the complex and explore deeper. 

• 76 posts
    June 9, 2016 8:31 AM PDT

I'd wait for friends, making bandages and organizing my bags, maybe even skilling up some if I just leveled! Always something to work on and no reason to delvl and cold cut my computer.