Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Your Mission If You Choose To Accept It!

• 378 posts
    May 26, 2016 10:26 PM PDT

I say if you can't beatem join them.....TIME TO SPORT A MOHAWK AND RULE THIS PLACE LIKE A POST APOPLECTIC WARLORD.

• 37 posts
    May 26, 2016 10:37 PM PDT

Fwick said:

Id be a Summoner, and id be a great summoner.  People tell me I'm a great summoner. Anyway.  Did I tell you I have the best summons they are simply the best, and brightest.  Nobody Has summons like me.  I'd build Huge wall, not a weak tiny pathetic wall like these other guys ^ but the best one.  I'd wall those mobs out because they certainly aren't the best and brightest Orcs.  So anyway, That rat doesnt look very tough to be so I'll let him live,  He doesn't deserve it.  In fact I dont know if you know this but he has a 1/10th of 1% chance to hit me anyway.  Now dealing with the Warlord should be a simple tank n spank with a good pet however what nobody seems to talk about is that extremist in the background there.  Looks like soom kinda religious Orc nut to me.  I might have to start landing some of my spells under sniper fire from that guy.  What seems to be missing however is the reason ya'll want to make MMO's Great Again.  And thats groups my friends.  Thats groups.  So despite thinking of a way to solo this burmese tiger trap, I would instead extend an invitation to those above to take them out together.

But we still need a tank and a healer so...

General:(Fwick) LF tank & heals for Orc camp near small mountain hill thing

Can I have a like button already? or a love button? lmao I laughed so hard reading this, Thank you Fwick, thank you for making my night. A Yuge thanks for making MMOs great again.

• 1714 posts
    May 26, 2016 11:29 PM PDT

Snare the warlord, train everything to zone. 

• 37 posts
    May 27, 2016 12:55 AM PDT

I would sit comfortably outside of camp so I wouldnt pull aggro when others ran up to try to solo the camp, and when they failed and died, I would sent them a tell using /t and targeting the corpse and ask if they would like a rez for a donation. I would do this for a few hours till I amassed a decent war chest, then when I saw someone almost kill it but died, I would rez for free and then ask to join him and duo the warlord and the other mobs for crazy good dou xp. Ahhhh life of a Cleric =)

• 839 posts
    May 27, 2016 12:57 AM PDT

As an Enchanter which is likely to be my class atm, i'd lull a bruiser with my fingers tightly crossed, if it works Charm the next bruiser and send him onto the warlord so they can duke it out, mez the 3rd bruiser as he runs at me and then for safety mez the first bruiser i lulled, by then the rat should be well and truly nibbling on my shoe, kill him, craft a delicious rat stew while i sit down to watch the pub brawl going on between the charmed orc and the warlord. Keep a root spell firmly on the warlord just incase charm breaks i only have one angry ord to worry about,  Right as the warlord chews through the first bruiser charm up number 2 and send him in to punch on with the warlord. If Warlord still aint dead after fighting 2 charmed mobs then i'll charm him and finish off the last bruiser with him and a few of my "uber" enchanter nukes for that little shot of bruiser xp.

Now its just me and the Warlord with i'm guessing about 10% health left, this is where things get a bit shaky cause i am feeling pretty good about what just transpired, So I will probably get cocky and decide to run in with my staff and spank him a few times just for the sheer fun of it and quickly realise while my plan had initially gone off without a hitch i did not really expect the warlord to luck out and open with a bash that stunds me then a full dual wield and double attack on me in the first round of hits to rack up a nice tripple figure block of damage, at this low lvl enough to drop me dead on the floor and I am left looking at my corpse laying pathetically on the ground, i'll start cursing myself as i realise in the fight that just took place every spell i cast just landed perfectly and no resists and charm didnt break and in my cockiness i just just threw away my perfect fight by forgetting that this is Pantheon and ye who do not respect mobs for being as dangerous as they are at any stage of the fight shall rest in pieces. 

Every time I come back to try after that... lull will resist, mez wont stick, charm will break within seconds and I will never forgive myself for deciding to go spanking an angry warlord with only a fine layer of cloth between me and his angryness, when probably just one or 2 decent nukes on a rooted warlord would have sealed the day.

• 95 posts
    May 27, 2016 6:15 AM PDT

It might take a few attempts, but the key is to separate the Warlord from the other orcs. Were you to directly engage the Warlord the other orcs would likely follow.

I would aggro the Large Rat in an attempt to draw the attention of the Warlord and kite them both away a bit until the Warlord is out of range of the other orcs (warhorn, shouting, etc) and then root the rat or just kite both of them. Using EQ classes this would probably best be done by a wizard or druid, but pantheon might be different. 

• 133 posts
    May 27, 2016 3:01 PM PDT

I, the crusader, gather a group for a crawl through the orc camp. Warlord is the main prize! Or so we thought. The druid is happy though, and unabashedly gloats about her new shield.

When we're medding up outside the orc camp, we pay heed to the Large Rat that has been following us, yet without engaging. I get up, flex my pixelated female halfling biceps, and say to the group "Bah! Lemmie one-slash-kill it." Ha! It turns out the Rat is not what he seems to be. He is a massive undercon (yeah, I know, I just had to put this in here!). After the fight, we're flabbergasted and med up again. He only dropped a rat ear. Nobody wants to roll. I bravely sacrifice a slot in my back pack.

Suddenly, the druid informs us of a tremble she perceives coming from Terminus. Then we hear it. A rumble that keeps getting louder. Before long the whole zone is overtaken by angry fanged rodents, denziens of the Rat god. Everyone in the zone joins in and finally the ghost of the Large Rat appears before us. He's a tough fight, but we get him. And he drops the coveted, extremely rare Fang of The Forlorn. I lose the roll. Well, dagnabbit.

• 308 posts
    May 27, 2016 7:27 PM PDT

Zenya said:

I, the crusader, gather a group for a crawl through the orc camp. Warlord is the main prize! Or so we thought. The druid is happy though, and unabashedly gloats about her new shield.

When we're medding up outside the orc camp, we pay heed to the Large Rat that has been following us, yet without engaging. I get up, flex my pixelated female halfling biceps, and say to the group "Bah! Lemmie one-slash-kill it." Ha! It turns out the Rat is not what he seems to be. He is a massive undercon (yeah, I know, I just had to put this in here!). After the fight, we're flabbergasted and med up again. He only dropped a rat ear. Nobody wants to roll. I bravely sacrifice a slot in my back pack.

Suddenly, the druid informs us of a tremble she perceives coming from Terminus. Then we hear it. A rumble that keeps getting louder. Before long the whole zone is overtaken by angry fanged rodents, denziens of the Rat god. Everyone in the zone joins in and finally the ghost of the Large Rat appears before us. He's a tough fight, but we get him. And he drops the coveted, extremely rare Fang of The Forlorn. I lose the roll. Well, dagnabbit.

you lost the roll to the druid ;> even tho the druid cant use it, and then you advertize to all your guild to never group with Ninjadruid, and then they all reply wouldnt the name tell me not to group with that one? Then you think about it, and are ashamed that you didnt realize they were advertizing what kinda player they are.

• 79 posts
    May 27, 2016 8:17 PM PDT

Nice try, Kilsin. Keeping my super secret boss mob + 3-cronies with rat add fight strat under lock and key...for now. Not letting you guys code to defend against it.

Sneaky Crusher of Dreams is sneaky.

This post was edited by GeekVerve at May 27, 2016 8:17 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    May 27, 2016 9:36 PM PDT

GeekVerve said:

Nice try, Kilsin. Keeping my super secret boss mob + 3-cronies with rat add fight strat under lock and key...for now. Not letting you guys code to defend against it.

Sneaky Crusher of Dreams is sneaky.

Lol ;)

• 23 posts
    May 27, 2016 9:47 PM PDT

Innate said:

Can I have a like button already? or a love button? lmao I laughed so hard reading this, Thank you Fwick, thank you for making my night. A Yuge thanks for making MMOs great again.

I would prefer to make people laugh without knowing or it gets to the ol nogginfogger.  VR is making MMO's great again,  Im just one of the 1/10 of 1% on these here forums trying to make money off of speaking fees.

• 2138 posts
    May 28, 2016 9:08 AM PDT

Assuming I am a  mage:
    1. See if there are any others willing to help me take down this yellow con warlord. the Bruisers are Blue, one white, the rat is light blue, the prophet is white and probably a caster.

2. Crusader, rogue, necro are near and willing. No healer available.

3. I ask we meet around the left side, because the prohpet is a wanderer. also the bruisers to right of the warlord from this perspective may be out of range, but the bruisers behind the warlord from this perspective may be in aggro range. 

4. we meet up and group and wait a bit to see if a helaer is available. I have Air pet up and Necro has a spook. Necro asks me for summoned items for his pet- I proceed.

5. No healers available

6. We move to left, Large rat and warlord just to our right, Row of three bruisers (DB,DB,DB) just to our left.

7. We decide to clear bruisers first.

8. We notice Prophet turns around and starts walking away- towards are far distant left- for whatever reason the LB rat, that was wandering, has decided to not move.

9. Crusader asks for throwing things, I summon some knives. rogue sees they are rogue useable and asks for some, too, just because.

10. We discover crusader has some affinity with the orcs form having done some favors as a mercenary on the orc behalf, however the crusader is not bound to this affinity as the crudsader has decided to pursue a different following that the orcs are not a part of, so he can get really close!

11. Crusader throws a knife at the first Bruiser.

12. All the bruisers and the warlord and rat come.

13. Mage and Necro discuss. Mage pet is a bit stronger and mage drops to load extra heal to "chain cast" healing if needed on elemental, however if this is needed the mage wil not be able to support the crusader with nukes.

14. Necro aggros the heck out of the warlord with nasty necro things and walks off a bit to pull warlord away.

15. Mage sends air pet to rear-most bruiser mage is getting hit by rat, spells interrupted- elemental has aggro on rear bruiser.

16. in meantime Crusader and rogue are dealing with 2 bruisers. Crusader has aggro on both taking some damage, a nice backstab slips out of the rogues blades and he has aggro on one bruiser- rogue is taking noticible damage

17. Necro FD's, sends spook to large rat- Necro has aggro from warlord, necro is FD'd.

18. Mage moves to the right a little to get out of range of rat now that spook is on it- even match. spook is taking not as much damage for the toys mage summoned earlier and weapons.

19. Mage cheals air pet- twice to buy some time. Casts Damage sheild on Air pet, crusader and NOT rogue.

20. Rogue taking damage, 25 health crusader at 60% crusader bruiser at 70, rogue bruiser at 85.

21. Aggro wars off of warlord, warlord starts ot walk back, Necro stands up and re-aggros and places a Nasty  necro DoT. While doing this the warlord wallops the necro before the necro can FD again, Necro at 30% health.

22. Mage toggles air pet to grab aggro form Rogue bruiser, air pet has it.

23. Rogue has switched to Crusaders target- gets off a nice backstab crusader bruiser at 35. Crusader at 55, rogue at 20. Mage full health half mana.

24. Mage nukes crusader bruiser bruiser to 15.

25. Crusader and rogue finish off 1st bruiser.

26. Crusader pulls Second Bruiser at 85 rom air pet, Air pet at 35 health, Air pets main target at 50 health.

27. Mage recasts Fire shields. rogue binds wounds for a bit

28 Warlord at 80pct health, Necro FD's ( warlord was yellow, remember)

29. Large rat dead, spook runs back to necro and starts hitting warlord, necro cannot call it off being FD and at 30pct health. spook dies.

30. Mage Heals air pet, air pet at 45 air pet bruiser3 target at 45

31. Crusader at 45. second bruiser at 65, rogue at 45.

32. Crusader lays hands on self- pissing off the warlord, warlord turns torwards group.

33. Necro at 30  health stands and casts nasty spell, its not enough, necro casts another dot, not enough, necro summons another spook, spook attacks warlord, that is enough. Necro pulls spook back and warlord goes after, necro casts another Dot, FD's. warlord at 75pct. spook dies.

34. mage at full health 35 mana, air pet 35 bruiser3 at 40. Mage casts two pet heals, bringing air to 45 recasts DS on air pet and crusader, Low mana. Mage drinks.

35.Crusader procs a talent or something, blades of swinging ferocity, bruiser 2 down to 30, rogue gets off another nice backstab. bruiser down to 15.

36. Crusdader and rogue finish off bruiser 2.

37. Mage pet holding bruiser3, bruiser 3 at 35. Air pet at 40

38. Crusader at 35. rogue at 45. Both bind wounds-or rest for a moment. just then

39. Warlord turns 70 health, yellow con, runs back to group.

40 Crusader at 45, rogue at 50, mage full health low mana, necro at 40, full mana.

41. Mage uses remaining mana to DS crusader.

42. warlord runs to camp and wallops mage to 20pct health, then 10pct. Crusader grabs aggro form warlord, Rogue gets in place, Necro waits a few moments, then comes in.

43. Rogue comments on how necros may be over-powered with their spells, considering the warlord at 70pct health from a necro alone

44. Necro casts spook, asks for toys, Mage canot supply as mage is out of mana for a moment.

45. rogue, crusader and necro on warlord, necro casting spells, Necro twitches mage ot get some mana, Mage uses mana to refresh DS on Crusader and air pet.

46. Stacked necro Dots impacting warlord, now at 55 health, crusader 35, rogue 50, necro 50  health full mana, Mage 20 health no mana.

47. Air pet defeats bruiser 3 just as wandering prophet came back in- mage gets aggro from prophet.

48. Mage moves to side Prophet at 100pct, Air pet at 20.

49. Warlord 45 health, Crusader 20, rogue 50, necro 50. mage 20, air pet 20, prophet 95. rogue ability triggered, brings warlord down to 25. warlord begins to death walk towards other three bruisers.

50. rogue chases warlord and gets off another Backstab, warlord down to 10. Crusader chases after- warlord gets too close to three bruisers, aggros 3 bruisers.

51. Crusader begins to kite 3 bruisers. Mage refeshes DS on Crusader, rogue listens to crusader and first target and chases after it. Necro tells everone to shut up and let him grab aggro and let him kite for a while.

52. Necro kites 3 bruisers away from the group.

53. Warlord dies from necro DoT's away from group.

54. Mage air pet dies, mage starts "kiting" Prophet at 90pct Mage 20pct.

55. Crusader 25. Rogue 50, Necro 50. Mage 20. 3Bruisers 95pct Prohpet 95pct. Rogue says in group. "Mage, consent me."

56. Mage says in group "loot the crusader!"

57. Necro FD's. Necro says in group. "Rogue, Crusader, consent me"

58. Necro loses aggro from the 3 bruisers they begin to walk back to camp, since necro had the highest agro on the warlord, they dont remember the crusader and rogue.

59. Prophet stops running , casts spell on mage, Mage dies.

60. Prophet 95 Crusader 25, rogue 50 necro 50. rogue loots odd thing from warlord.

61. Prophet runs to crusader, rogue loots other bruisers, necro remains FD.

62. Prophet kills crusader, turns to rogue. kills rogue.

63. Necro waits untill prophet goes back to his walk.

64. Necro Drags crusader and rogue to a safe-ish spot, Mage consents necro and necro drags mage.

65. Another Large rat wanders in, necro casts pet and spells to take care of it.

66. Crusader asks where they can meet the mage for invis for the run. Rogue doesnt need it and will sneak back. necro asks if anyone can buy an emerald in town - save some time.

67. Mage thanks the group for help in getting the warlord as they run back. Crusader asks if anyone knows a cleric who is on because this group could really clean up that camp if they had a healer type, rogue comments again how the necro could probably solo the warlord alone if it could get it as one target,

This post was edited by Manouk at May 28, 2016 9:22 AM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    May 28, 2016 12:25 PM PDT

NoobieDoo said:

I'd take my 50 monk and train all the mobs to the nearest group and then FD. Once the group wiped after clearing all the trash I'd jump up and Dragon Kick the Warlord and call it a day.

What??

Why are you looking at me like that? ;D

LOL!!

• 257 posts
    May 28, 2016 1:26 PM PDT

I'm going to charge straight at him and ... wait. Is that a harvesting node? I'll come back for orcs later ...

• 801 posts
    June 7, 2016 9:06 AM PDT

all classes with utility spells.

The point being you need to close the argo bubble around those mobs, pulling the boss out of the fight. One way to handle this is with utilities such as snare, FD, root, mez, charm, calm

if it takes multi classes to handle this job then a group is important for the warrior, rogue and cleric.

• 9115 posts
    June 7, 2016 5:35 PM PDT

Retsof said:

I'm going to charge straight at him and ... wait. Is that a harvesting node? I'll come back for orcs later ...

Hahaha we are very similar Retsof ;)

• 839 posts
    June 8, 2016 4:18 PM PDT

Fwick said:

Innate said:

I would prefer to make people laugh without knowing or it gets to the ol nogginfogger.  VR is making MMO's great again,  Im just one of the 1/10 of 1% on these here forums trying to make money off of speaking fees.

You guys are going to make me cry with all this Bernie quoting.. Now let us turn to the future and watch as the film Idiorcracy turns from fiction to fact. ;)

This post was edited by Hokanu at June 8, 2016 4:40 PM PDT
    • 264 posts
    June 8, 2016 6:11 PM PDT

Ingredients: I would gather up 3 wizards, 2 enchanters, 1 cleric.

A Wizard Casts at the three Bruisers and pulls them all to the Warlord and Rat which was each mezzed by an enchanter a split second after pull. Cleric lags behind just a bit and stands just outside of group which is very tightly packed around Warlord. The Enchanters cast AE stuns and the Wizards cast AE Damage spells, Cleric AE Heals. Entire fight is over in less than 20 seconds. Loot the remains, go to town, drink and make up lies. 

BAM! Neeeeeeeext  :)