Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Your Mission If You Choose To Accept It!

• 9115 posts
    May 26, 2016 4:02 AM PDT

Infiltrate the Orc camp and kill the Warlord! How would you do this and what class would you use?

• 131 posts
    May 26, 2016 4:15 AM PDT

Pacify all but one, charm it, pull it off a ways, break charm, root, recharm, melee buff it, pull warlord to it.....slow as needed.

Rawr!

I told you enchanter was the best class ever!!! :)

MINX

This post was edited by MINX at May 26, 2016 4:16 AM PDT
    • 308 posts
    May 26, 2016 4:24 AM PDT

based on what we saw on the last stream i would choose rogue

sneak up behind it

and backstab for 90% of its health

then i would stab it agian.

dead, over.

i just won Pantheon

now for real, i would choose shaman.

buff myself to kingdom come

root all 3 adds

root warlord

DOT warlord

sic pet on warlord

heal pet

nuke warlord till dead

run screaming as adds break root trying to hit the zone line.

Or maybe i choose crusader

paci adds

stun warlord

beat on warlord

stun warlord

beat on warlord

stun warlord

^ this repeats itself for like 15 mins

warlord dies while stunned the whole time.

This post was edited by Gawd at May 26, 2016 4:35 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    May 26, 2016 5:33 AM PDT

You guys are forgetting the biggest threat..."A Large Rat" is not to be taken lightly! lol ;)

• 23 posts
    May 26, 2016 6:14 AM PDT

Id be a Summoner, and id be a great summoner.  People tell me I'm a great summoner. Anyway.  Did I tell you I have the best summons they are simply the best, and brightest.  Nobody Has summons like me.  I'd build Huge wall, not a weak tiny pathetic wall like these other guys ^ but the best one.  I'd wall those mobs out because they certainly aren't the best and brightest Orcs.  So anyway, That rat doesnt look very tough to be so I'll let him live,  He doesn't deserve it.  In fact I dont know if you know this but he has a 1/10th of 1% chance to hit me anyway.  Now dealing with the Warlord should be a simple tank n spank with a good pet however what nobody seems to talk about is that extremist in the background there.  Looks like soom kinda religious Orc nut to me.  I might have to start landing some of my spells under sniper fire from that guy.  What seems to be missing however is the reason ya'll want to make MMO's Great Again.  And thats groups my friends.  Thats groups.  So despite thinking of a way to solo this burmese tiger trap, I would instead extend an invitation to those above to take them out together.

But we still need a tank and a healer so...

General:(Fwick) LF tank & heals for Orc camp near small mountain hill thing

• 1778 posts
    May 26, 2016 7:06 AM PDT

Bard Power activate!!!

First Id disguise myself as a "hawt" Orc female (read ugly as hell). Then Id beguile and dazzle them with my epic bard powers of performance. Id put all the orc to sleep with a lullaby. Before leading the rat away pied piper style!. Then Id go back to th orc encampment and take out all the other orcs. After that Id tie up the Orc Warlord and wake him up so and reveal my true self. So he can look on in horror, helpless to do anything, as I slowly introduce his throat to my blade. Then after the deed I go to Kilsin to collect my bounty............. but thats another adventure 0.o!!!!

• 79 posts
    May 26, 2016 7:17 AM PDT

I choose not to accept it. I send my ogre warrior in to join the orc army under the command of the mighty An Orc Warlord and we excercise our power over the countryside.

• 63 posts
    May 26, 2016 7:23 AM PDT

Slay the immediate threat to the warlord (large rat), skin it, and offer the pelt as a token of respect and servitude (gain faction points). Become part of the orc clan and raise to rank of warlord one day. Then spend my days fending off petty adventurers to protect my clan. 

Disclaimer: the above scenario is not to be taken seriously. Though I look forward to potential factions, I would not expect the above to be how they functioned.

• 428 posts
    May 26, 2016 8:31 AM PDT

The mighty Crusader Kalgore equipped in his trusty armor and wielding his god given powers would first recon the area. Noticing most of the orc guards are spread out he would stride up to the first set of guards.  Attacking them with his trusty Sword Faithkeeper and shield Enforcer he swiftly defeats the orc duo.  the crude weapons no match for the armor and shield of this mighty crusader he confidently strides to the second group of orcs.  4 gruesome looking orcs gather there weapons and charge the intruder,  Casting his godly ward he shrugs off the first few hits and blocks the last with his shield shattering the orc sword on contact.  With the blessings of his deity, Kalgore casts his spear of light driving it throw the chest of the first orc. Swiftly parrying the second orc he turns and decapitates the orc leaving it two vs one.  Without wasting any time Kalgore shield bashes the closest orc.  By this time the last unarmed orc has ran and gathered a large group of orcs.  easily a dozen strong they surrounding the crusader they move closer as a group.  Looking around Kalgore smiles and looks up to the sky throwing a quick pray he casts Smite of justice his powerful spell killing all dozen orcs at once.  The rest of the orc encampment seeing this flew leaving the warlord alone to face the intruder.  Charging each other Kalgore catches the warlords blade on his shield while thrusting low hoping to hamstring his opponent but this orc was a survivor of a hundred fights and wouldn’t be so easily dispatched.  Countering the thrust he scores a hit on the warrior dragging his sword along his arm opening a wound deep and bloody.  Kalgore shield bashes the orc and shuffles back.  Looking at the wound he casts lay of hands healing the damage but knowing next time he will not have the time to gain such a godly blessing.

Back and forth the two warriors fight but alas tiring the orc warlord stumbles and trips.  Before he can close the distance a large rat darts out of the shadows and rips the warlords throat out.  Angry that his kill was stolen Kalgore slowly walks over to the rat eating the body.  Using his shield he swings it as hard as possible crushing the rats head

• 3016 posts
    May 26, 2016 8:41 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Infiltrate the Orc camp and kill the Warlord! How would you do this and what class would you use?

Being that I know wizzy best...I would root/snare the closest mob to me nuke  that down..and keep picking them off...ready to run (throw a snare on the pursuers) if they try to mob me.  Have always worked this way,  of course I don't know what spells and such you would be allowing me so going with the basics.

Geez Kilsin...4:06 a.m.?  LOL and I thought I was an early riser....you never sleep!!  hehehe

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at May 26, 2016 8:51 AM PDT
    • 384 posts
    May 26, 2016 8:54 AM PDT

I would charm that Large Rat and send him after the Warlord. If for some reason the Warlord survived (highly doubtful) I would nuke him down and make him dead.

• 1303 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:05 AM PDT

As a necromancer (... Summoner ... :p ) 
    Use invisibility to sneak up to the hill on the right behind the first shack. 
    Create a localized atmosphere of dark mana, obscuring senses and attuning the area to my particular skillset.
    Summon a shade minion, and buff him with the ability to become semi-incorporial and highly evasive to physical attacks. 
    Sick the shade on the three Bruisers who find it very difficult to hit the shade, but arent taking any notable damage from him either.
    Cast a debilitating dot on the Warlord making him sluggish. 
    Start sending waves of short-lived summoned undead that in turn climb on his back and slow his movements, stab at his eyes blinding and confusing him,  and slice him with fetid blades until he finally succumbs to a thousand cuts. 

Then I run like hell before the Bruisers get smart enough to ignore the shade. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at May 26, 2016 9:31 AM PDT
    • 76 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:26 AM PDT

Druid....I'd Quadkite, ez mode. med, respawn, repeat. Cobalt Scare action!

• 1468 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:35 AM PDT

I'd be a necro and FD split the camp in about 30 seconds. Single pulls every time. I loved playing a necro in EQ although I spent most of my time pulling rather than slacking off like most of the casters. In fact as a necro I'd solo the whole lot because, you know, necros can solo anything as long as it doesn't summon and there is a nice bit of open space to kite it around and snare lands.

Edit: I'm aware that the necro won't be in at launch which is a shame but I'll patiently wait and have one as my main alt.

This post was edited by Cromulent at May 26, 2016 9:36 AM PDT
    • 613 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:54 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

You guys are forgetting the biggest threat..."A Large Rat" is not to be taken lightly! lol ;)

LOL that was funny....Monty Python came to mind:http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=monty+python+rabbit+scene&view=detail&mid=88988669321F7ED3176C88988669321F7ED3176C&FORM=VIRE

That is how I invisioned the outcome...hehe

• 769 posts
    May 26, 2016 11:31 AM PDT

Put a fungi tunic on my Lvl 2 Warrior, find a lvl 50 Mage to cast a quick DS, and beat the crap out of them all with my Wurmslayer.

• 66 posts
    May 26, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

there might be a snake in the grass that would kick you to death!

• 112 posts
    May 26, 2016 2:56 PM PDT

have my ranger start a few fires in spitting distance of the orc camp

when the warlord sends the beuisers out to investigate, the rest swoop in to get the undefended warlord.

shaman communes with the rat,

we kill the warlord, and get the hell out of there before the bruisers return

• 1434 posts
    May 26, 2016 3:42 PM PDT

Everything depends on the rat.

I believe that rat is probably the warlord's pet and probably beloved by that tribe of orcs. To do the rat harm may enrage the orcs and trigger mass aggro as they come to its defense. However, I believe by inviting a friendly druid or ranger to my party, I may be able to covertly befriend the rat, convincing it to join my side.

At that point, I would probably negotiate that the orcs surrender, giving up all their loot for the rats safe return.

• 9115 posts
    May 26, 2016 5:52 PM PDT

Lol, nice replies and some interesting strats ;)

• 131 posts
    May 26, 2016 6:02 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Lol, nice replies and some interesting strats ;)

I've been doing A LOT of charm killing in P99 lately, it never gets old!  Falling in love with the enchanter all over again :)  I sure hope the class doesnt change too much for Pantheon!  So much awesomeness, and yet so squishy.  Ultimate risk vs reward class.

• 1860 posts
    May 26, 2016 6:05 PM PDT

This brings up a question that has probably been answered before.

Will mobs lose aggro after a certain distance?  Can you run them off? or do you have to zone?

Not having ever played the game, but judging by the distance, it looks like you could go behind the shed and proximity aggro the 3 normal mobs away from the warlord without pulling him...

then he is solo...once that beast of a rat wanders away.

This post was edited by philo at May 26, 2016 6:09 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    May 26, 2016 6:11 PM PDT

Like Gawd, I'd go with the Shaman.

In a city somewhere, summon pet, get cleric buffs on self + pet + druid DS on pet.  Buff pet with Shaman buffs and cast Suspend Minion (puts pet away saving the buffs).

If I'm at that spot in the camp, retrieve pet and using Advanced Pet Discipline make sure it doesn't do anything until I say so.

Turn away from the Orc Warlord and use Virulent Paralysis (knockback in direction player is facing + unresistable root) effectively pulling Warlord to me.  Malo, Slow, Disease Dot, Poison Dot, Pet Attack, Summon Swarm Pets, Poison DD.  Melee if needed or prudent.  Root probably broken by now, re-root, reapply Dots, Debuff more, Canni, HoT, Heal Pet, repeat as needed.  If single add, Virulent Paralysis the add, Slow then ignore until Warlord dead.

Edit: Forgot about exploits...er...creative application of available abilities!  Using Levitate off a higher spot somewhere, levitate onto top of a building to confuse NPC pathing and/or remain out of melee range.  Watch for mob warping to roof.

This post was edited by Vandraad at May 26, 2016 6:14 PM PDT
    • 216 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:27 PM PDT

Find a group, as a Cleric.

• 578 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:41 PM PDT

I'd take my 50 monk and train all the mobs to the nearest group and then FD. Once the group wiped after clearing all the trash I'd jump up and Dragon Kick the Warlord and call it a day.

What??

Why are you looking at me like that? ;D