Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

End Game Idea

• 613 posts
    May 25, 2016 11:24 AM PDT

Elderberon sorry for my post earlier.  My sense of humor is dark sometimes.  I liked the idea but after thinking about it would be a very tough thing to implement.  It is a valid concept though. I would be curious to see what the Devs think about this one.

Elder good post and I will do better to keep my humor in check.

Ox

X

• 671 posts
    May 26, 2016 8:45 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

I do understand what you're saying Hiero, and I agree to a point. The devs have talked about the Transcedent abilities that you can scribe into your Codex with Prime Scrolls, for example. They do describe those skills as the most powerful skills that your player can aquire. Wholly agree with you there. However, they have not discussed what aquiring those skills actually looks like. Is it a relatively simple drop or quest to get a Prime Scroll (or some? or all?) , or a raid encounter or series of raid encounters only a percentage of the population will ever complete? Is the baseline Transcendent skill something you can be pretty sure every player will eventually stumble upon no matter how disconnected they may be, but its really the signets, seals and brands that are really tough to get and choose that really make that skill powerful? 

Point is, we dont know what the actual implimentation looks like. And regardless of what you call the thing or how it is utlized in game, it's a thing you aquire and ulitize not at all unlike gear in many respects. Some people will have the uber skills, and some wont. Some will know where and how to best use those skills, some wont. Someone will parse the hell out of the combinations of configurations and post the best of them for others to utilize without any personal thought or research required.

And I'll bet you some in game cash that decking out a lowbie character with the best gear your high level character can get (that the lowbie can use) will make a big difference in effectiveness and rate of advancement. Consider alone that if the skills you were talking about really take travel, and time, and effort and player knowledge to obtain, a low level character can't be expected to have any of that. But if they can heavily pad their stats up front with gear it'll sure make the journey to acquire all those things a hell of a lot more smooth :) 

Much of that is true if you base it on previous concepts. Not the new ones.

The world will be more organic, assuming you can get the best, and afford to give it to a twink, means you are near sighted on the cost of boats, houses, traveling, innerworld adventures, rations & prep and all the stuff that will go into a high fantasy story world.

Again, gear only matter in how you use it. Gear will never make the player...

Like many others, we realize that EverQuest and Vanguard were static and had no real economy. Pantheon will have to have a real economy to survive as a breathing digitial world. Someone's gear will matter.. but it will not define that Character, nor the player behind him. Or, in other words, waht direction do you want to go... you do not have enough time for it all....

After release... You will not be waiting on Pantheon, like you did with EQ & VG. Pantheon will be waiting on you...   to solve and find and discover all these things many here claim their charcter will simply have. As if. Lazt uncaring players will have ill-developed characters (think of AA's). Additionally, players will have to learn to use their gear wisely... and even perhaps maintain it. But having The BEST SWORD in the game might not matter if you need a blunt object..  You can't parse stupid..!

Having the best everythng and getting to the dungeon and forgetting to bring a torch.... priceless..!!

• 556 posts
    May 27, 2016 9:12 AM PDT

I like the outside of the box thinking here so nice first post. However, I have to agree with most here, hard pass on unwanted death of a character. We are looking at spending hundreds of hours on just 1 character. Forcing that to be redone would cause many people to just flat out quit when it happened. The progeny system they are discussing will allow you to kill off a character to start over with some perks but it will be optional. 

• 39 posts
    May 28, 2016 12:15 PM PDT

Dullahan said:

Hard pass.

This post was edited by Gorgok at May 28, 2016 12:16 PM PDT