Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The AA System - What Would You Like To See?

• 88 posts
    July 13, 2016 9:07 AM PDT

Sarim said:

Regardless of how an AA system is presented, IMO it should never contain any "essentials". Like /pet hold for pet classes, or endless quiver for rangers...things that change the way you can play the game.

Fluff abilities or small improvements to stats are fine, anything else should be regular abilities gained through leveling/questing.

But the whole purpose is an "alternate" advancement of your character/class. Thus potentially altering/improving/adding to the current gameplay. Fluff/stats dont do that and to be quite frank, wouldn't be worth considering.

• 1303 posts
    July 13, 2016 9:37 AM PDT

Raive said:

Sarim said:

Regardless of how an AA system is presented, IMO it should never contain any "essentials". Like /pet hold for pet classes, or endless quiver for rangers...things that change the way you can play the game.

Fluff abilities or small improvements to stats are fine, anything else should be regular abilities gained through leveling/questing.

But the whole purpose is an "alternate" advancement of your character/class. Thus potentially altering/improving/adding to the current gameplay. Fluff/stats dont do that and to be quite frank, wouldn't be worth considering.

Agreed. If AAs dont have a meaningful impact then really, whats the point? Not to mention that your examples Sarim are not game-changers. They help a lot, for sure. But they dont allow you to do something you couldnt do before. 

• 999 posts
    July 13, 2016 9:52 AM PDT
    Pet hold was a game changer for pulling. But, I'd agree that I want AAs that are meaningful versus fluff.
    • 1303 posts
    July 13, 2016 10:12 AM PDT

Raidan said: Pet hold was a game changer for pulling. But, I'd agree that I want AAs that are meaningful versus fluff.

It was only a game changer if you didnt have a /pet backoff macro, or didnt know how to use it. Yeah, pet hold was an enormous convenience. But it provided no inherent ability that you didnt already possess.