Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Rested XP

• 151 posts
    May 5, 2016 3:20 PM PDT

Liav said:

AgentGenX said:

I am against ANY type of bonus exp in any forms. If the game is supposed to be about the journey, why try to come up with ways to make the journey go by faster. NO to any exp bonuses!

What about 5 years after release when everyone is working on their 5th alts? Can we loosen up xp requirements for additional characters on the same account so we're not drudging through the same exact content multiple times just to play another class?

I would still be against any and all XP bonuses or boosts. If this game is going to be worth anything at all there will be multiple paths to take when leveling up. And even if there isnt, part of the benefit the community gets from altoholics is that they serve as groupmates for the other newer players leveling up their mains. I have said it before and will keep on saying it. I am against any mechanic that promotes or encourages someone to make an alt.

Don't get me wrong I will have one or two but don't wate time and resources developing mechanics to promote it. If you want one you should have to earn it. Maybe then we would have more people that actualy know how to play their classes instead or powerleveled 7th alts that are little better then npc mercenaries.

• 801 posts
    May 5, 2016 4:22 PM PDT

No xp bonus please. Rewards for what you kill, and quest. Wow and rift, and many others used the rested XP bonus system. It was too easy to be honest.

• 106 posts
    May 5, 2016 4:45 PM PDT

I remember when WoW was still under development I heard about the rested XP system and you would get a bonus for staying at an inn or whatever.... I thought it would penalize you after the rested buff wore off and thought "cool, to simulate fatigue."  Then what was released was simply double XP for a period of time and was underwhelmed.

• 668 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:41 PM PDT

No to Cash shop potion experience boosts

No to resting experience boosts in cities

Maybe to a a few one time quest lines that when you complete it, you get an hour of 20% boost in experience for XX amount of time.  Key words, ONE TIME

Other than that, it is all about the journey...  You will have to be committed to raise an alt

This post was edited by Pyye at May 5, 2016 5:44 PM PDT
    • 999 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:46 PM PDT

Gadgets said:

The project gorgon system is far from perfect. Just an idea. I do see the AFK thing going on a bit from what I witnessed, even I was guilty of that. I also do see the point made earlier... people would potentially bail on a group once they lost their bonus.

Definitely work to be done on the idea, but I did like that it brought people together.

Yeah, I like it too Gadgets, wasn't meaning to be offensive if it was taken that way (sorry) - I would just like to see it improved upon a bit.

• 1095 posts
    May 5, 2016 7:50 PM PDT

Cobes said:

Thoughts on gaining "rested xp" by being in a major city like in WoW?

What? XP Food Stamps?