Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Location - US or EU?

• 35 posts
    May 3, 2016 12:22 AM PDT

I have looked for similar posts but was unable to find any regarding whether people are interested in finding out where they are from?

This will help in the future with guilds and possibly the devs to see what percentage of players are found outside of the USA. I am quite curious and hopefuly to find similar EU people (especially UK) to start discussing possible Alpha groups and possibly a guild in the future for Pantheon. I am hesitant to get involved with US-based guilds as the timing differences for raids, etc. become a problem in the future.

Are the Devs thinking this far ahead or is this post way too early for people to start thinking about this?

Cheers,

Joshue (EU - Scotland)

• 563 posts
    May 3, 2016 12:31 AM PDT

I think you mean NA, not US :P, I'm Canadian (Ottawa, Ontario)

Theres a post over in the "Champion's Hangout" https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3078/where-are-you-located (though I guess thats not available to everyone).

• 1714 posts
    May 3, 2016 12:54 AM PDT

West Coast +1

• 1468 posts
    May 3, 2016 2:41 AM PDT

I live in the south of England. Already have an EU guild with about 15 members. Looking for more friendly and commited members.

https://www.unitedkingdoms-guild.com/

• 35 posts
    May 3, 2016 3:12 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

I live in the south of England. Already have an EU guild with about 15 members. Looking for more friendly and commited members.

https://www.unitedkingdoms-guild.com/

Thanks for letting me know Crom.

• 35 posts
    May 3, 2016 3:13 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Theres a post over in the "Champion's Hangout" https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3078/where-are-you-located (though I guess thats not available to everyone).

Sadly, no. Not at this point anyway.

• 769 posts
    May 3, 2016 5:11 AM PDT

North Carolina, here, althought time zones never really troubled me. I play odd hours, normally.

-Tralyan

• 263 posts
    May 3, 2016 5:14 AM PDT

There are actually multiple Post regarding your Topic, maybe not as directly put as yours but the introduce yourself Thread is some what the same.

• 30 posts
    May 3, 2016 2:00 PM PDT

slight tangent, but are the servers going to be open to all players regardless of country so that international friends can play together?

have always been annoyed that the wow servers were totally different for NA and EU players.

• 378 posts
    May 3, 2016 5:19 PM PDT

I'm not from either US or EU

• 9115 posts
    May 3, 2016 7:29 PM PDT

Aww AU here, guess I can't play! :(

To answer a few questions, we will have several servers located in a few main places around the world and my understanding is that they will not be locked to a region, so you can play on an EU server if you are from NA but your ping will obviously be higher than normal.

We do not have any information regarding server location yet or their capacity etc. these are all things we will work out with testing.

• 38 posts
    May 4, 2016 1:53 AM PDT

Sweet, no region lock sounds great for international guilds and some groups of friends :)

EDIT: EU here!

This post was edited by Coldlight at May 5, 2016 7:00 AM PDT
    • 793 posts
    May 4, 2016 4:49 AM PDT

South Florida, USA.

But I'll be in Scotland next August 2017 to check out the Royal Miltary Tattoo in Edinburgh. :) 

• 644 posts
    May 4, 2016 4:53 AM PDT

New york state - not new york city, on the canadian border

• 35 posts
    May 4, 2016 5:51 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Aww AU here, guess I can't play! :(

To answer a few questions, we will have several servers located in a few main places around the world and my understanding is that they will not be locked to a region, so you can play on an EU server if you are from NA but your ping will obviously be higher than normal.

We do not have any information regarding server location yet or their capacity etc. these are all things we will work out with testing.

Thanks for the feedback Kilsin!

• 1778 posts
    May 4, 2016 7:42 AM PDT

US here.

As for server loation? (please be East Coast or near lol)

• 116 posts
    May 4, 2016 8:35 AM PDT

Canada, swinging between Ottawa/Montreal area

• 133 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:14 AM PDT

EU here. And I'm glad there won't be servers locked to a particular region.

• 264 posts
    May 5, 2016 3:32 PM PDT

US Here, Usually between Nashville TN and Asheville NC 

This post was edited by Skycaster at May 11, 2016 5:15 PM PDT
    • 801 posts
    May 5, 2016 4:23 PM PDT

Rachael said:

Private Page

You do not have permission to view this private page.

/sad

Need to do more service calls to get the next level.... :(

• 1468 posts
    May 6, 2016 4:28 AM PDT

It's cool to see where everyone is from. I'm not really surprised by it but Pantheons community seems to be very north america heavy. There are some EU players but not as many as I would have thought coming into the game. Maybe us Euros haven't discovered the game yet.

• 35 posts
    May 6, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

It's cool to see where everyone is from. I'm not really surprised by it but Pantheons community seems to be very north america heavy. There are some EU players but not as many as I would have thought coming into the game. Maybe us Euros haven't discovered the game yet.

True Crom. That does pose an interesting question to VR. How will the marketing team address this in the future or will non-NA players be secondary? I'd love to see marketing being done outside of NA but costs will also be a factor, I presume.

• 366 posts
    May 6, 2016 5:52 AM PDT

'Merica!

Sorry, there's no game so I have to amuse myself :)

• 613 posts
    May 6, 2016 9:41 AM PDT

Zarriya said:

'Merica!

Sorry, there's no game so I have to amuse myself :)

Hell yes!!!

LOL

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    May 8, 2016 5:11 AM PDT

Fulton said:

South Florida, USA.

But I'll be in Scotland next August 2017 to check out the Royal Miltary Tattoo in Edinburgh. :) 

North Florida, USA

I've been fortunate enough to see the Tattoo. Amazing show, you'll love it :)