Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

This sounds a bit .....

• 1778 posts
    August 2, 2016 2:55 PM PDT

@ Anistosoles

I know that now, like I said in the other thread it took me a bit though.

• 363 posts
    August 2, 2016 2:55 PM PDT

disposalist said:

I like the caravan idea for groups but there should be some restriction, like you can only stay with the caravan offline for 4 times the amount of hours you were online with it perhaps - something like that.

You know, that's actually a good idea. Can't tow your baby wizard around forever, but long enough if you find out your next effort at taking "Insert Boss Here" might work better with him/her. What do the rest of you think?

This post was edited by Anistosoles at August 2, 2016 2:56 PM PDT
    • 2756 posts
    August 2, 2016 3:02 PM PDT

Anistosoles said:

disposalist said:

I like the caravan idea for groups but there should be some restriction, like you can only stay with the caravan offline for 4 times the amount of hours you were online with it perhaps - something like that.

You know, that's actually a good idea. Can't tow your baby wizard around forever, but long enough if you find out your next effort at taking "Insert Boss Here" might work better with him/her. What do the rest of you think?

Thanks, though I meant it to restrict caravanning to those that actually grouped for some time with the caravan 'group'.

I wouldn't actually want the baby wizard towed around at all if they couldn't group with your caravan group in the first place, but, yeah I sure would vote for time restriction on sitting inactive in a caravan if anyone was allowed in.

• 363 posts
    August 2, 2016 3:05 PM PDT

disposalist said:

Anistosoles said:

disposalist said:

Thanks, though I meant it to restrict caravanning to those that actually grouped for some time with the caravan 'group'.

I wouldn't actually want the baby wizard towed around at all if they couldn't group with your caravan group in the first place, but, yeah I sure would vote for time restriction on sitting inactive in a caravan if anyone was allowed in.

Gotcha. I was just trying to be less "hostile" in my posts. If we can find a way to make this thing work where the majority are happy with it, then +1.

• 363 posts
    August 2, 2016 3:05 PM PDT

Amsai said:

@ Anistosoles

I know that now, like I said in the other thread it took me a bit though.

Sorry, Amsai. Been gone awhile.

• 2138 posts
    August 2, 2016 6:02 PM PDT

I think if you are in a group, and in a dungeon, and discover a fairly calm space and you all say you will be back on tomorrow at the specified time. Then there is no problem, for you all would log in at roughly the same time, maybe 5 min apart? which is fine, but all be there and ready to go- able to handle the stray wanderer alone or with two, to become three, etc.

And if you can't? and realize you have left the group you had last night in the lurch?. Then it makes common sense that you would be ingratiating and keep checking to see when your group members logged in so you could be the first voice they see, saying "sorry I could not make it, something came up" or whatever.

If you dont, well, that says something about your character to me and you dont need caravans, you just need some Keopectate (so you can get your ****, together).

But I dont fully understand the caravan concept- considering I knew the way to the raid place and when they said, show up there at this time- I was there- heck people make that Qeynos to freeport run avoiding Kithikor- back of the hand baby! at level 1,  and drunk, too, when the server was down. You bet I know my way there and I NEVER ask for SoW. If offered awesome, but otherwise I know my portion and deal with it. I am not stopped for 30min from going anywhwere because I dont have SoW.

If Caravan means, I want to head to the next continent, I get on the caraven, here, going to the continent, and I log out. When I log back in the next day I am at the continent?

• 172 posts
    August 3, 2016 5:04 PM PDT

Why do we need this?  This sounds like a bad idea and another great source of exploits.  I guess I was going under the assumption that the classes would have a good amount of overlap.  i.e. The Rogues would not be the only ones to pick locks, the Enchanters the only ones to CC, the Druid the only ones that could snare, ect...   A mostly full group should have 85%+ of the functions covered, even if some of them are the "lesser" version.  Why should we need to bring in an alt?

And if I go into a dungeon, explore 90% of it and then find the last spot requires a Rogue and we dont have one, well I guess thats just a reason for me to come back.  Teleporting Alts?!?!?  Bad idea!

The only reason I can think of for this is that there is some problem (like travel or group forming) that no one wants to come up with a better answer for.

This post was edited by JDNight at August 3, 2016 5:07 PM PDT