@gossamer

If they announce Dark Elf, I will do a little jig at my desk lol :D

• 163 posts
    April 13, 2016 7:21 AM PDT

A community gathering incentive.

Whether it's (just random ideas with no forethought):

the need for an "EC tunnel" like auctioning system

Dance parties

A small buff people recieve when they're hanging out around a magical area for a long period of time.

Instrumental or skill "jam" sessions that the more people who gather around and participate, people recieve stronger skill gains.

Sermons of some kinds that allow faction increases

Dance parties

Something to promote community gathering.

This post was edited by Gadgets at April 13, 2016 7:24 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    April 13, 2016 8:10 AM PDT

Fireworks.

and agree with languages and all the other stuff.

:)

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    April 13, 2016 8:25 AM PDT

Dev/guide interaction in game. Including rare events that yeild vaulable item and random mob spawing and controlling.

• 178 posts
    April 13, 2016 6:38 PM PDT

The occassional "event."

I remember in the earlier days of EQ when the undead rose up in the Qeynos Hills. It was pretty darn impressive having every single level contributing and taking out the skeletons. The zone was absolutely infested! High level players taking out the high level skeletons and skeleton casters as the lower levels helped out and ran for cover near the guards. There were deaths but oh was it fun. And as word got out about what was happening and more and more people showed up the zone crashed. But it sure was fun while those of us got to partake. This was on the Bertoxxulous Server maybe 2 or 3 months after release. I don't know if it occurred on other servers or not.

It was the only one I got to experience although I heard of the Crushbone Orcs trying to take over Kelethin.

Those kinds of things can absolutely make for a one month subscription right there. Unannounced and Big!