Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Little things you want to see

• 279 posts
    April 9, 2016 4:21 PM PDT

Sometimes it's the little things that help make a game fun. What little additions do you hope to see?

For me,

Drunk text - The more you drink the more scrambld your text gets.

/sniff - This was in EQ right? You would /sniff target and it would say somthing like they smell like ocean air. Did it have to do with where they've been? It was rude but fun.

/sitchair - EQII added this later on to where you could sit anywhere in a position like you were sitting in a chair. Use it on a chair, table, steps, wherever. It shouldn't take much to put this emote in.

/sleep - Emote for laying down.

Enchanter turning into object - It was so cool when an Enchanter would turn into a random object.

This post was edited by Pantz at April 9, 2016 4:22 PM PDT
    • 131 posts
    April 9, 2016 7:24 PM PDT

A very robust emote system.  The more the better.

Lots of choices for character customization.  I don't need a slider for everything, but plenty of faces and hair styles for each race please so we can be as unique as possible.  

Would love to see a good VOIP program in the game so that when we pug we can easily voice chat with each other.

+1 for minor illusion!

+1 for drunk text, lol I miss that so much.

• 59 posts
    April 9, 2016 9:11 PM PDT

I agree with the above comments. Emotes are a huge thing. I'm not an RPer per se, but I enjoy the immersion that emotes and the text portion of the game brings. Back in BC/Wrath days, I had a seperate set of robes that I would equip when in towns and such, just because I liked the immersion.

I miss how games used to feel so fresh; before everything turned into a science and everyone had to have every little thing figured out. I love the sense of exploration and discovery. I hope we can bring some of that back. :) I also love the feeling of community. A passionate, smaller, tight-knit group ALWAYS wins over a large, chaotic, impersonal one. Pretty broad suggestions, but that's the feeling I miss, the sense of wonder. :)

This post was edited by Martini at April 9, 2016 9:17 PM PDT
    • 16 posts
    April 9, 2016 10:37 PM PDT

This goes back to EQ and the very vague quests but i miss that type of system, part of the mystique was just figuring out what to say to even start or continue the quests. Granted nowadays the googlecrowdmonster will have everything figured out and easy to find but...

Oh, random obscure npcs out in the middle of no where that for some reason someone killed over and over again getting massive faction hits but had some retardedly rare drop that was really cool. Lol, then fixing your faction...

• 59 posts
    April 10, 2016 2:15 AM PDT

Minor illusion is great.  Many time I just didn't notice someone there and suddenly an object that shouldn't move spun in place. Lol or when Druids would change in to trees at the Freeport gates.  Even funnier when they move early on.

The emote and animated emote system is pretty important to keeping gathering locations entertaining.  Can also be trolled but then again, what can't. 

• 112 posts
    April 10, 2016 6:23 AM PDT

Please dev's.  Please please please have a sense of humor and put yourselves into the game.  

I always enjoyed finding those funny quests in warcraft, or small references to movies/books thoughout the game.  Everything doesn't always have to be serious.  Hell, even a darker/twisted side occasionally would be cool.  Nice/polite npc asking for random quest items brought to them, just for them to shout in glee (when completed) about finally being able to make their potion to poison someone.

Go a step further where if you then do a second quest for the person, you get exp but the npc drugs you so your screen blacks out for a minute and you wake up having lost whatever gold reward you had gained... teach you to deal with npc's you know are shady ;)

• 8 posts
    April 10, 2016 7:51 AM PDT

i do ;ove the idea of random npc quest givers roaming out in the wild, make for a great adventure just looking for them and for the love of pete please do not have then just standing around would be fun if they move around just to keep folks honest. Also would love to see roaming merchants so you could sell your crap i always hated it when your bags are full and 10 miles from no where and 15 miles from somewhere and you had to go back to a town to sell your ****

• 17 posts
    April 11, 2016 2:58 PM PDT

NPC's and npc bases that make sense.

They should be able to interact to the enviroment and other npc's. If npc's have a mining camp set up then a small trading post should be near by for them to trade with and get supplies which would also be in interaction range of a larger community. Caravans and travel should be taking place between these different communities, maybe 1 day a npc would be found traveling from the mining camp to the nearby outpost instead of his normal location.

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:20 PM PDT

Martini said:

...Back in BC/Wrath days, I had a seperate set of robes that I would equip when in towns and such, just because I liked the immersion.

I enjoy quests that are not only faction based, but apperance as well. For instance a quest giver only speaks to you if you're in formal robes or wearing a certain hat. Adds to immersion level.

• 363 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:20 PM PDT

Just add Flippy Darkpaw to every zone....YESSSS! (Sorry, been drinking, but thought this would be goodZ)

• 363 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:21 PM PDT

You have ruined your own Congress, you will not ruin mine!

• 1281 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:35 PM PDT

-Ambiant audio where you walk by a small village or a certain guild hall and the music changes to match the location.
    -Vs. Faction between enemies/mobs (sometimes they attack eachother)
    -NPC' that wander and go about their own life

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 11, 2016 3:35 PM PDT
    • 133 posts
    April 11, 2016 5:29 PM PDT

Yes, for little things! They add depth and life to a game. 

The more complicated the things, the more work for the devs, but a girl can dream...

I like Sense Heading, languages, drunken text with distorted vision, NPCs - both funny and serious ones, NPCs reacting to us players when we pass them (not just KOS, but with greetings of various kinds depending on faction standing), character customization - but not the ability to add colour your fighting gear = I like to be able to reconize different types of armour and weapons!), having most skills be trainable in some fashion other than single button bashing.

Things like Sense Heading: preferably not the button bashing, but rather something you do, like reading road signs, sun dials in cities, studying maps on tables or on walls in buildings.

Swimming - hmm, in EQ people used to park their character in the corner of a pool and go afk while their toon kept swimming. Perhaps other simming related things can be done, too?

• 2419 posts
    April 11, 2016 5:59 PM PDT

Monsters which are immune to non-magical attacks.

NPCs like Wisps (remember Greater Lightstones?) were such creatures.  I remember attacking one on my Paladin who only had a Fine Steel Sword and some Banded Armor...what's this? it's immune to damage?  Uh oh..uh oh...where is the zoneline...maybe...maybe...[Loading, Please Wait...] yes..made it!  I had to go ask around to see what magical weapons I could get and learned I should go to RunnyEye where you could get Blackened Iron Bastard Sword and a full set of Blackened Iron armor!  No Wisp was ever safe again.

Monsters that are innately invisible.

West Commonlands of EQ1 over by the entrance to Kithicor.  There is a camp of Shadowed Men.  Other than the sword or shield they wield, they are completely invisible.  This isn't a spell effect because See Invis has no effect.  Very difficult to fight and easy to stumble over if you aren't watching your surroundings.

Monsters which are subterranean by default with a some-what visible surface clue.

I'm thinking along the lines of the Trap Door Spider, the Ant Lion, Grubs.  This would mean paying more attention as you run through a given area known to have such creatures present. 

• 47 posts
    April 11, 2016 8:20 PM PDT

Alpha. 

• 133 posts
    April 12, 2016 5:28 AM PDT

Mikaela said:

Alpha. 

You win the internet today!

• 769 posts
    April 12, 2016 10:32 AM PDT

Innovative classes that use different methods of attaining the same result (i.e. tanks that collect aggro with different methods. Force taunts, aggro leech, dmg output, aggro over time, etc).

Ambient sounds. I want to hear the wind rustling through the trees. Animals scurrying underfoot. Random rocks falling while travelling through mountain passes.

Player made boats

Roaming high lvl mobs (werewolf in WC, griffon in EC, giant in NK, ex.)

Crouching. Having size matter. Shrink potions, etc.

Levitate.

Dungeons that require water breathing and swimming skill

Fog. Mist. Environmental impediments that restrict vision

Safe fall

Rare weapon particle effects

Deity and/or race specific items and/or quests

Trying to think of many more!

-Tralyan

• 63 posts
    April 12, 2016 10:49 AM PDT

- Religions that make some races non-KOS in key cities (i.e., human necro who worships the dark elf deity and is allowed into their city)

- Languages that you have to master over time (if I had it my way, there would be no common tongue)

- A "Made by Soandso" for craftable items so that hardcore crafters can get their names out there

- Evil cleric race/class combos (again, think dark elf)

- Taverns that you'd actually want to frequent

- Ultravision

• 45 posts
    April 12, 2016 12:05 PM PDT

/pizza

/gems

I kid, but it is funny memories

• 74 posts
    April 12, 2016 2:08 PM PDT

A newsletter on the 2nd Tuesday of April.

• 220 posts
    April 12, 2016 5:03 PM PDT

Freedom to explore at any level. No false walls, or high level, see invis mobs blocking the next zoneline.  If I want to go into befallen at level 2 and try to sneak around, i can do so successfully at great peril, with moderate chance of success.

• 2419 posts
    April 12, 2016 5:26 PM PDT

Larr said:

Freedom to explore at any level. No false walls, or high level, see invis mobs blocking the next zoneline.  If I want to go into befallen at level 2 and try to sneak around, i can do so successfully at great peril, with moderate chance of success.

I'm curious why you think that at level 2 you should have 'moderate success' sneaking around a zone where mobs are anywhere from 2.5x to 10x your level?  How far into the game do you want to stretch that?  Sneaking at lvl 10 around lvl 60 mobs?

• 27 posts
    April 12, 2016 5:45 PM PDT

Talvaris said:

- Religions that make some races non-KOS in key cities (i.e., human necro who worships the dark elf deity and is allowed into their city)

- Languages that you have to master over time (if I had it my way, there would be no common tongue)

- A "Made by Soandso" for craftable items so that hardcore crafters can get their names out there

- Evil cleric race/class combos (again, think dark elf)

- Taverns that you'd actually want to frequent

- Ultravision

All good things! I would think they could make languages matter for quests, where some npcs would not speak in common tongue and you would have to learn X language for that npc to speak to you. I'm still waiting for my dark elf race to be announced, hint hint. ;)

• 220 posts
    April 12, 2016 5:47 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

I'm curious why you think that at level 2 you should have 'moderate success' sneaking around a zone where mobs are anywhere from 2.5x to 10x your level?  How far into the game do you want to stretch that?  Sneaking at lvl 10 around lvl 60 mobs?

Yes! absolutely!  Why am I restricted If I CAN pull it off? Being smart and getting through an area you have no business being is one of those little things that felt awesome.  Its not game breaking, I get absolutely nothing for doing it, I only get to test my determination and knowledge of a zone.  I HATE it when games limit your activities through leveled content.   

• 9115 posts
    April 12, 2016 7:23 PM PDT

spyderoptik said:

A newsletter on the 2nd Tuesday of April.

The April newsletter is running a little late but will be out soon :)