Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Unlisted Classes

• 2138 posts
    March 25, 2016 6:24 AM PDT

Eliminate one: Wizard, or Mage/Summoner.

divvy up the spells to the winner.

• 137 posts
    March 25, 2016 8:53 AM PDT
    They said in the twitch stream that bard and necro are coming post launch, so I'm assuming there will be no more class reveals for launch? All the classes revealed at this point will be all the classes at launch, yes?
    • 1778 posts
    March 25, 2016 9:35 AM PDT
    Pretty much. Though with enough interest and investment that could change to pre launch. But at this point Im not holdin my breath.
    • 45 posts
    March 25, 2016 9:43 AM PDT

Amsai said: Pretty much. Though with enough interest and investment that could change to pre launch. But at this point Im not holdin my breath.

And I'm totally cool with that.  Gives us something to look forward to post launch.  

• 176 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:07 AM PDT

I know the post said "If you could choose to be any class that isn't already listed in our class section, what would it be and why? :)" but for some reason I heard, "If we were going to add one more class to Pantheon at release to spark up the hype on the game what would it be?".

Bard is the class that in itself is the core of what putting a good group together revolves around. A class that makes everyone they are around just a little bit better. Who doesn't want to group with a bard? I can tell you I heard about 10 really cool ideas here but none of them said to me "I need to get that class in my group". Since I thought Pantheon’s focus was on grouping I conclude bard would get the most bang for your buck.

• 801 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:07 AM PDT

Manouk said:

Devs can you give us punch the forum member above you spell?

PLEASE!!!

hehe

• 801 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:09 AM PDT

Druid on there?

• 19 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:12 AM PDT

Loved the disciple class in VG. Played only a cleric in EQ so it was awesome to be able to heal and actually do some damage. Also loved the ability combos that set off heals and buffs. 

• 384 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:35 AM PDT

Jamie said:

I know the post said "If you could choose to be any class that isn't already listed in our class section, what would it be and why? :)" but for some reason I heard, "If we were going to add one more class to Pantheon at release to spark up the hype on the game what would it be?".

Funny. That's about what I heard too! 'Cept it was more along the lines of "GDC went great! Investors gave us all the money we need and we can now give you all the classes and features ever! So, if you could choose to be any class that isn't already listed in our class section, what would it be and why?"

• 1778 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:42 AM PDT
    I like where this Bard reasoning is going.
    • 2138 posts
    March 25, 2016 11:48 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

Manouk said:

PLEASE!!!

hehe

haha! honestly, I hated sometimes being passed over as a mage for a wizard, so to be honest there is probably some deep-seeded wiard-envy in there, AND i wanted to spice this forum topic up a bit by introducing perhaps the idea of class elimination (?) or specific limits on class types. making hybrid's prized, insted of penalized.

This post was edited by Manouk at March 25, 2016 11:51 AM PDT
    • 1714 posts
    March 25, 2016 11:57 AM PDT

Manouk said:

Crazzie said:

Manouk said:

PLEASE!!!

hehe

haha! honestly, I hated sometimes being passed over as a mage for a wizard, so to be honest there is probably some deep-seeded wiard-envy in there, AND i wanted to spice this forum topic up a bit by introducing perhaps the idea of class elimination (?) or specific limits on class types. making hybrid's prized, insted of penalized.

What era? Mages dominaged Kunark and Velious. Lures were super important for raids, but no exp group in their right mind would want a wizard over a mage. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at March 25, 2016 11:58 AM PDT
    • 39 posts
    March 25, 2016 12:16 PM PDT

Bard please!

• 93 posts
    March 25, 2016 12:32 PM PDT

Witchhunter

• 801 posts
    March 25, 2016 12:35 PM PDT

You know why i think you where passed up?

DPS first but..... root, snare but mostly would be parses. Nobody knew anything about how dps worked. We had a couple people learning that, but over all a mage was really good.

If only we ran our personal dps macros i think we would have never been traded over since our pet was able to root, and another stun.

I think most of it was based on fast dps and snare. AOE snare was brutal.

Druids and wizards, bards where awesome classes. I liked the mage more towards the last 12-14 years. I never got to play the wizard much until they introduced pok quests 50 level ones.

Now we will be able to parse what dps we do and how to manage things differntly since EQ was really the first, with rift, wow and some others being heavy on selective DPS parses.

• 801 posts
    March 25, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

I forgot pet pathing argo.

• 200 posts
    March 25, 2016 1:56 PM PDT

Shadow priest. :)

It was an interesting modification to the priest class in World of Warcraft. A shadow priest with activated the shadow form has made much more damage and his mitigation of incoming damage was higher. But the shadow form has blocked his holy spells and he could not heal with his direct healing spells. The player was forced to make a decision.

Greetings

• 9 posts
    July 17, 2016 8:58 PM PDT

Bumping a somewhat old thread to add my vote for necromancers. 

Just in case you guys were trying to fit one more class in at launch and this thread was an informal poll. 

Really hoping to hear that skeleton cackle again someday. 

This post was edited by Gorthul at July 17, 2016 9:07 PM PDT
    • 432 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:12 PM PDT

Hi Kilsin,

Ok, I want to make a post for myself but my Husband blabbed out what he wanted first, and since he has to go to bed he gets his 'want' first.

Husband wants: A healer class with a permanent pet that heals alongside the owner.

He really enjoyed the 'scholar' class from Final Fantasy 14 who had healing pets.

I'll think of what I want in a bit.

-Todd

• 578 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:20 PM PDT

Bard.

• 279 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:26 PM PDT

From EQ: Beast Lord Necro Bard

From VG: Blood Mage Disciple 

Edit: From DAOC: Valkyrie (which sort of sounds like what the crusader could be)

From FFXI: Ninja... Because rogues are just not bad ass enough (sorry Kilsin, but its true)

Land what you are describing sounds like a Time Mage from Final Fantasy Tactics (granted not MMO, but you basically listed off their spell list in your description)

This post was edited by Sunmistress at July 17, 2016 9:28 PM PDT
    • 189 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:27 PM PDT
    I'd like to see a chloromancer type-ish from Rift. Or a necromancer with the Auspice line of spells, HOT's, Taps Mmmm
    • 432 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:33 PM PDT

Hi again,

It's my turn! yay!

So instead of 'naming' a class I'll write down some things I like.

Melee combat. A support role, healing and tanking (hybrid is perfect for me). A magic source called CHI or Chakra: A spiritual source of power which comes from 'within you', instead of the common mana source which is outside of you. I like monks, but I love shields and armor- often times games don't mix these (a shame) If you research 'Sohei' (A japanese warrior-monk) you will see they are just like monks in a lot of ways, but they use the biggest weapons and most durable armor. You can also look up 'yamabushi' but usually you don't see those with armor on.

Now imagine a Dwarf in full plate, with a shield and mace ... using spiritual and elemental attacks up close and personal with the enemy. That's the class for me.

Edit!

Turtle Hermit class also! :3

-Todd

This post was edited by tehtawd at July 17, 2016 9:48 PM PDT
    • 134 posts
    July 17, 2016 9:45 PM PDT

Bard, Necromancer and I'm not sure but I would love to see a class that is similar to a vampire. *shrug*

• 839 posts
    July 17, 2016 10:41 PM PDT

How about a moderate DPS / high end pulling class that uses his stealth to get into positions to then use traps and distrations as CC with his pulls. Not a magic class for cc and all the CC effects he/she uses are short term but enough to help split groups and break up spawns. Uses a variety of weapons and a variety of traps with different effects.  Traps would have to be built and upgraded using foraged / looted materials or basic ones bought from merchants. Other CC skills to use to distract enemies to look or walk in wrong direction whilst they have no agro (pre pull), maybe some sort of "stuff" (powder) to throw to render the mob blind, dizzy or disorientated maybe even with a chance of leading the effected mob to attack one of his own nearby allies for a short time.  I can imagine a class like this maybe having a skill that can barracade a door closed for a short time as well, essentially locking a mob in a room if he just happens to be in a room with a door etc.  A little bit of an engineer mixed with rogue's stealth and a splash of monkish responsibilities! 

There would have to be some good communication between the tank and this class to make traps work well to ensure mobs get caught up in them after the pull is complete. Any of his CC is short term so wouldnt take the fun away from enchanters.