• 35 posts
    March 21, 2016 10:41 AM PDT

Mainhand : Law

Offhand: Order

2h : The Carlton (swing it wide) 

• VR Staff
    • 510 posts
    March 21, 2016 10:53 AM PDT
    Savanja's Slap Happy Stick of Doom. Or...Sven.
    • 200 posts
    March 21, 2016 11:41 AM PDT

For an enchanter:

Staff/Dagger/Mace of irresistible whispers <--- OK, may be too long.

Mind Reaver

For a wizard:

Staff/Dagger/Mace of arcane precision <--- OK, maybe also too long. :p

Greetings

• 124 posts
    March 21, 2016 12:45 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If given the chance, what would you call your characters main weapon of choice and why? (keep it clean please) ;)

I would have to name it a mix of my dog or breed, simply to make it interesting. Nothing like having a good hunting dog next to your side when heading out into the brush with violence on your mind or hunting. It gives you the sense of connection with nature like nothing else. So, I can imagine that having something reminiscent for me of that bond would give me the warm fuzzies

so, something like ... the Canis lupus hounds of hunting, Pappyjack of terror, The hound of Brittany.. something along those lines.

Neumcy

This post was edited by Nuemcy at March 21, 2016 12:48 PM PDT
    • 116 posts
    March 21, 2016 1:08 PM PDT
    Nightbreaker: crusader weapon that is a potent light source and has a nice bonus against undeads.
    • 116 posts
    March 21, 2016 1:08 PM PDT
    Nightbreaker: crusader weapon that is a potent light source and has a nice bonus against undeads.
    • 2130 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:19 PM PDT

I'd likely just copy & paste all of my favorite EQ franchise weapons.

In no particular order:

Celestial Fists

Transcended Fistwraps of Immortality

Ragebringer

Nightshade, Blade of Entropy

Earthcaller/Swiftwind

Aurora, the Heartwood Blade

You get the idea.

• 93 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:25 PM PDT

halflingwarrior said:

one of my favorites from EQ

Eulogy, the Bloodthirsty Blade

• 2130 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:28 PM PDT

halflingwarrior said:

Eulogy, the Bloodthirsty Blade

Ah man, that weapon was ******* awesome. So much nostalgia.

There was another really cool one that I liked from the same raid instance.

Sister's Opulent Backstabber

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=46727

• 844 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:34 PM PDT

I love this idea, especially as a cash shop option.

As long as a tight control is put on naming. meaning only lists you are allowed to choose from or submit your name for validation.

• 93 posts
    March 21, 2016 2:36 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

:(

• 128 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:25 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

As long as a tight control is put on naming. meaning only lists you are allowed to choose from or submit your name for validation.

Sorry to burst your bubble,... but  we will have no cash shop.

/sarcasm on

sad, isn't it?

/sarcasm off

• 844 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:31 PM PDT

I still say nice option for a cash shop item, for games that rely on a cash shop for supplemental funding. I never said Pantheon.

I do not have a problem with cash shops as long as they do not interfere with game balance and turn a game into P2W. So basically aesthetic items.

As a game industry grunt I understand the need for game companies to be able to pay their employees and keep the servers fed.

• 2138 posts
    March 21, 2016 4:40 PM PDT

Personally I thought " Staff of elemental mastery" ws pretty good, along with "Orb of elemental mastery".

But if I had to make something up....."Runned Bokken" where all us mages would stand  spaced fr apart on the surrounding ridge-tops, the party seeing this strange collection of mages, and with one shout "RIFF!" and a thump of their staves the ground shakes the earth and belches forth the dead carcass of the behemoth laying in wait, hidden, from the unsuspecting party. In a foregign language one comes down speaking in curiously questioning and condecending terms at the leader"....... wait I think runned Bokken was also already there.

sorry, got a little carried away.

• 9115 posts
    March 21, 2016 5:00 PM PDT

Rattenmann said:

zewtastic said:

/sarcasm on

sad, isn't it?

/sarcasm off

There is a possibility for a cash shop/game store mate, it just would never sell any items that gave an advantage over another player and would not stock any pay to win items, we may, for extra revenue, sell fluff lore friendly items, vanity items, rename vouchers etc. but we have no intention of ruining our game, its economy or any crafting/adventuring spheres by selling advantages to anyone, if we even decide to have a cash shop/store.

I just wanted to clear that up, we are completely against any advantages but are open for suggestions to sell lore friendly fluff/cosmetic items for extra revenue, as Zew said, but we will need more than a ~$15 sub to keep the bills paid and the game supported for years to come, man! :)

• 89 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:15 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

Cromulent said:

The Embiggened Sword of Cromulent Death.

On a more serious note. I'm not actually sure. I'm not a big lore master of the game so coming up with something that fits in is a bit difficult. Maybe something like "The Infused Blood Staff" because I like the whole blood thing going on with the Dire Lord (I used to play a Necro in EQ).

Lol, nice mate! I have no idea what I would call one of my Daggers, maybe one "Dream Crusher" the other "Bean Keeper"? lol :P

I am sure those names are already taken by someones ex.

How about "Dream Crusher" and "Soul Destroyer"? :P

• 279 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:23 PM PDT

Well I'd have to steal some names from anime. 

1. The Ever-Laughing Demon Sword. If you must have a generic name, The Laughing Blade.

2. Dragonslayer. Generic enough.

This post was edited by Pantz at March 21, 2016 6:24 PM PDT
    • 238 posts
    March 22, 2016 12:27 AM PDT

Some reason I feel like this thread is a clever way of generating weapon names for later use =-)

• 128 posts
    March 22, 2016 6:52 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Rattenmann said:

zewtastic said:

/sarcasm on

sad, isn't it?

/sarcasm off

There is a possibility for a cash shop/game store mate, it just would never sell any items that gave an advantage over another player and would not stock any pay to win items, we may, for extra revenue, sell fluff lore friendly items, vanity items, rename vouchers etc. but we have no intention of ruining our game, its economy or any crafting/adventuring spheres by selling advantages to anyone, if we even decide to have a cash shop/store.

I just wanted to clear that up, we are completely against any advantages but are open for suggestions to sell lore friendly fluff/cosmetic items for extra revenue, as Zew said, but we will need more than a ~$15 sub to keep the bills paid and the game supported for years to come, man! :)

hrm.

Guess i understand that. Would personally prefer to just pay 25/mo, or 50/mo tho. Just afraid of what is considered fluff. Seen the very same argument being made several times. And the jump from "cosmetic only" to arguing "xp potions don't give a real advantage!" to even more border line stuff was pretty fast. Blizzard store sells cosmetic only. If you can limit it to that and only that, meh. Still... would pay double just to not have a store ;-)

• 511 posts
    March 22, 2016 8:57 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Rachael said:

I love the idea and option to rename a weapon but it would be something I think about for a long time (seeing as we only get a limited number or renames :P), I'd probably incorperate my characters name or backstory into it somehow though :D.

Yeah, nice Rachael, it is a pretty cool feature, I will be interested to see what everyone comes up with and also interested to see how our profanity filter holds up in-game lol :)

I have no clue whose beans your cutting with that dagger or what your counting/keeping them for but I still attest that the "Crusher of Dreams" needs to be a big 2h hammer :p

• 89 posts
    March 22, 2016 10:00 AM PDT

Rattenmann said:

Kilsin said:

Rattenmann said:

zewtastic said:

/sarcasm on

sad, isn't it?

/sarcasm off

hrm.

Guess i understand that. Would personally prefer to just pay 25/mo, or 50/mo tho. Just afraid of what is considered fluff. Seen the very same argument being made several times. And the jump from "cosmetic only" to arguing "xp potions don't give a real advantage!" to even more border line stuff was pretty fast. Blizzard store sells cosmetic only. If you can limit it to that and only that, meh. Still... would pay double just to not have a store ;-)

Me too, given the choice.  

• 68 posts
    March 22, 2016 8:44 PM PDT

Mine would be a sword called,"The Venomous Scratch".

• 378 posts
    March 22, 2016 9:25 PM PDT

A 2H Sword called "The Extension"

A 1H club called "The Nagging Wife"

• 89 posts
    March 22, 2016 10:19 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

I know it's not really the time or the place, but man this really really bums me out.

What is Pantheon’s Revenue Model? Will the game be pay to play, free to play, freemium or what?

We are considering either using the traditional subscription based model or a model where the player buys the game and then has the option of purchasing mini-expansions or ‘modules’ after launch. Either way, the game’s world will continue to expand, more content will be added, as well as new features and mechanics. Visionary Realms strongly believes that the revenue model of an MMO needs to match the game’s target audience. Because of this, Pantheon will not be ‘freemium’ or have ‘cash shops’ -- building your character and advancing in-game will be based on time invested and tactics used, not on how much money the player has in real life.

When I read the above I read it as "this game won't have any cash shops, pay to win or otherwise."  A stance myeslf and others willing to pay double the usual subscription fee to support.  If there will be a way for us to name our weapons it should be tied to a quest, not a price tag.

And one more thing.  What exactly does pay to win mean for a PvE game anyway?  What advantages can another player truely have over another player in a PvE game?  It would be petty, but by certain standards looking cooler could very well be called an advantage when everyone is on the same team.

But I digress.

Twin axes, Rend & Cleave.  Completely mundane, just very sharp.

• 668 posts
    March 22, 2016 10:30 PM PDT

Here are a few I really like:

One Hand Sword - Blade of Demonic Recourse

Daggers - Pain & Suffering

Two handed Sword - War Blade of Destructive Tendencies 

Large Two Handed Blunt - Pythion, The Dream Crusher

Magic - Rod of Shimmering Runes or Staff of Tortured Souls