Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Renaming Your Weapon

• 9115 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:20 AM PDT

Gurt said:

Kilsin said:

There is a possibility for a cash shop/game store mate, it just would never sell any items that gave an advantage over another player and would not stock any pay to win items, we may, for extra revenue, sell fluff lore friendly items, vanity items, rename vouchers etc. but we have no intention of ruining our game, its economy or any crafting/adventuring spheres by selling advantages to anyone, if we even decide to have a cash shop/store.

I just wanted to clear that up, we are completely against any advantages but are open for suggestions to sell lore friendly fluff/cosmetic items for extra revenue, as Zew said, but we will need more than a ~$15 sub to keep the bills paid and the game supported for years to come, man! :)

I know it's not really the time or the place, but man this really really bums me out.

What is Pantheon’s Revenue Model? Will the game be pay to play, free to play, freemium or what?

We are considering either using the traditional subscription based model or a model where the player buys the game and then has the option of purchasing mini-expansions or ‘modules’ after launch. Either way, the game’s world will continue to expand, more content will be added, as well as new features and mechanics. Visionary Realms strongly believes that the revenue model of an MMO needs to match the game’s target audience. Because of this, Pantheon will not be ‘freemium’ or have ‘cash shops’ -- building your character and advancing in-game will be based on time invested and tactics used, not on how much money the player has in real life.

When I read the above I read it as "this game won't have any cash shops, pay to win or otherwise."  A stance myeslf and others willing to pay double the usual subscription fee to support.  If there will be a way for us to name our weapons it should be tied to a quest, not a price tag.

And one more thing.  What exactly does pay to win mean for a PvE game anyway?  What advantages can another player truely have over another player in a PvE game?  It would be petty, but by certain standards looking cooler could very well be called an advantage when everyone is on the same team.

But I digress.

Twin axes, Rend & Cleave.  Completely mundane, just very sharp.

For clarification I was referring to 5-10-15 years down the track when subs fall off and we need to raise more revenue before laying staff off! Definitely nothing to worry about in the short term. ;)

• 57 posts
    March 23, 2016 6:38 AM PDT

In my heart I am still a dual wielding ranger who walks with Karana's stormy temperament.  As such my main hand would be an archaic form of Thunder and my offhand be named for Lightning.  My bow would be a variant of Stormchaser. 

• 71 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:16 PM PDT

Well since I always play a Ranger I would nam...LOADING...PLEASE WAIT!

Ok, I'm back

It would be a Bow called Nature's Wrath

• 3 posts
    March 23, 2016 10:26 PM PDT

Max63 said:

Mine would be a sword called,"The Venomous Scratch".

I like that one.

• 3 posts
    March 23, 2016 10:52 PM PDT

Enchanters staff "Mindwiper", "Fleeting Thoughts", "Brainwasher", "Staff of Herding", "Tool of Manipulations", "Maniacle Staff of Decision-Making"

Rogues dagger, "Miss Stitches Dagger of Mischief" or something like that

• 68 posts
    March 24, 2016 7:36 AM PDT

Whitedove said:

Enchanters staff "Mindwiper", "Fleeting Thoughts", "Brainwasher", "Staff of Herding", "Tool of Manipulations", "Maniacle Staff of Decision-Making"

All good ones. I also like the Kilsin's "Bean Keeper"! 

• 9115 posts
    March 24, 2016 5:57 PM PDT

Max63 said:

Whitedove said:

All good ones. I also like the Kilsin's "Bean Keeper"! 

Haha! Glad someone got it :)