Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Consider System Idea

• 1434 posts
    March 17, 2016 7:31 PM PDT

Liav said:

"Hey guys, let me need on that robe clearly intended for casters so I can use it in my int/wis swap set so I can con mobs properly."

I guess playing with people like yourself has led to that sort of cynicism.

In EQ, there were different uses for a variety of stats, but never did anyone try to claim an important item over the class that most needed it. INT for instance, was used for skilling up, charisma was used for getting better prices off of vendors, and strength was used for carrying more weight. Yet, no one used it as an excuse to deprive another of an important item for their class.

• 578 posts
    March 17, 2016 8:02 PM PDT

I like having an in-depth stat system where each individual stat affects multiple different traits. So I like the idea. I can also understand the concern for some classes not being able to 'con' effectively but I don't think a system like this would necessarily require a high stat to 'con' aprropriately.

Say we used Intelligence to govern the consider trait/ability, a middle-of-the-road score would should suffice any class to con effectively. A higher Int could just allow for more depth to the actual consider ability. Such as others stated like weaknesses the mob has, or unique traits the mob has, etc etc.

But I also don't see anything wrong with 2 players working together to pull. If the puller for some reason can not consider properly why not have another person help with pulls? The game IS about working together right? Plus with all this talk about PvE meaning exactly that and players having to confront the environment I already feel, as a puller myself, like we are going to need help in some areas to pull efficiently.

This post was edited by NoobieDoo at March 17, 2016 8:02 PM PDT
    • 79 posts
    March 17, 2016 9:51 PM PDT

If you guys haven't yet, re-read the OP as I've edited it to be much more reasonable. Pretty much the idea now is to have con work as it did in EQ regardless of your skill/stats/whatever else, but if you DO happen to have a higher skill or higher related stats, or you have dealt with a particular mob numerous times before, you will get more information about the mob than someone who has low stats or has never dealt with the mob before.

• 1434 posts
    March 18, 2016 8:16 AM PDT

I personally like the idea of a more detailed or more accurate con system based on a skill; Preferrably a skill that is directly related to fighting the mob that you are conning.

There aren't many things I like about Black Desert, (and they still messed it up), but they have a system that allows you to gain a certain grade with every mob that you fight. Now, their mistake is making it totally random and having you basically reset, and gamble to get a better rating. However, I think a system like this that actually increases your knowledge of mobs is a great way to provide a bonus when not only considering a mob, but also fighting them.