Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Most Anticipated Features and Mechanics?

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:54 PM PST

Some very cool and varied answers! I like how many features and mechanics have been covered, it just shows how different we all are, I like it! thanks folks :)

• 19 posts
    February 12, 2016 12:15 PM PST

I want to fear the world again. I want monsters to actually be intimidating, and to have to actually consider how to tackle an encounter! I am so sick to death of traipsing through every zone with a train of pointless monsters trailing me for 15 seconds before forgetting entirely I was there. Give me back a threatening interesting world where I have to constantly be aware of my surroundings.

• 428 posts
    February 12, 2016 12:17 PM PST

Im looking forward to the joy and challange I felt while playing EQ1 Ultima and EQ2.

• 130 posts
    February 12, 2016 12:34 PM PST

TheRevenant said:

I want to fear the world again. I want monsters to actually be intimidating, and to have to actually consider how to tackle an encounter! I am so sick to death of traipsing through every zone with a train of pointless monsters trailing me for 15 seconds before forgetting entirely I was there. Give me back a threatening interesting world where I have to constantly be aware of my surroundings.

No doubt.  I remember when Planes of Power came out, everything hit SO hard.  Hit, Hit, Stun, Hit, DEAD.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT ...

You were happy to level up so your aggro radius reduced.

• 2138 posts
    February 12, 2016 7:05 PM PST

Figuring out the strange and new races and what might be best for me, from the general tips and hints from the devs in the player manual.

• 34 posts
    February 13, 2016 12:12 PM PST

Two main things at this point:

- A truly explorable, in-depth world. I love the "if you can see it you can go there" mentality. I don't want half of a game world to just be pretty places you run straight through on your way to somewhere else. I like wandering off the path and seeing what's around and actually finding something of interest. Even better if I can poke it with a stick and have something happen lol.

- The weather system and it having meaningful effects on the world and gameplay. This is something that is done so rarely, if a game even pays attention to weather at all. Usually the most you get is raindrops and sometimes puddles that may splash but don't do much else.

This post was edited by OtakuMegane at February 13, 2016 12:13 PM PST
    • 781 posts
    February 13, 2016 12:45 PM PST

smart AI.  I enjoy playing in an environment where you really have to think before you encounter a mob , being charmed by a mob and killing your group isn't  the coolest thing....lol  AI that can anticipate your actions , slow you, reflect your spells, disarm you etc etc..

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    February 13, 2016 1:07 PM PST

Obviously I'm excited about the entire plan but am really excited right now (because we've started working on it) about the Perception System and making the E in PvE really mean the environment and not just NPCs -- engaging the world, atmosphers, climates, etc.  We should be ready to start sharing some of these things that really make Pantheon stand out in the next few months.

• 130 posts
    February 13, 2016 1:21 PM PST

The Perception System does sound pretty cool.  I imagine it can be incorporated in a few different ways.  Depending on the class, or whatever criteria that is met, something is shown on your screen compared to someone else, and perhaps you can interact with it even whereas they may not be able to.  Or at minimum, you're made aware, which is still cool.

I must say climate, weather and things as such that matters is pretty exciting, and climbing of all things.  You know what would be hilarious Brad, much like the chessboard area in EQ, it would be funny if an area looked like the stage right out of Donkey Kong along with little fireball mobs and a barrel.  lol.  I'm sure energy is better spent elsewhere, but it'd be memorable, some little area tucked out of the way like the chessboard space.

But I can envision going across a frozen landscape, blizzard and all and have to climb up the side of a cliff to get to a dungeon that has fire and brimstone within since it's a volcano in all actuality.

This post was edited by Vade at February 13, 2016 1:22 PM PST
    • 79 posts
    February 14, 2016 9:06 AM PST

I'm most excited to play a game again that attracts and encourages a strong community of players rather than a bunch of individuals.

• 1095 posts
    February 15, 2016 6:45 PM PST

Progeny System