Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Most Anticipated Features and Mechanics?

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2016 4:02 AM PST

What is your most anticipated feature or mechanic in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and why? :)

• 366 posts
    February 11, 2016 4:28 AM PST

"Immerse yourself in group-focused, intensely social game play using classes that complement each other, encouraging teamwork. "

Most other features I find in a single player RPG, but I want to play a true MMORPG. I want to play with old and new friends alike - with them, not side by side. I want to adventure with them in a persistant, engaging world.

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2016 4:40 AM PST

Zarriya said:

"Immerse yourself in group-focused, intensely social game play using classes that complement each other, encouraging teamwork. "

Most other features I find in a single player RPG, but I want to play a true MMORPG. I want to play with old and new friends alike - with them, not side by side. I want to adventure with them in a persistant, engaging world.

Yeah, nice Zarriya! You're making me want to log in and play now! lol

• 366 posts
    February 11, 2016 4:50 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Zarriya said:

aww man - you CAN do that now(log in and play)!  I'm sure it'll be more fun when all of us hop in too though - we'll be there soon enough!

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 11, 2016 4:52 AM PST
    • 610 posts
    February 11, 2016 5:27 AM PST

Multi colored mana

• 130 posts
    February 11, 2016 5:32 AM PST

The pulling dynamic.  Pulling, splitting, crowd control.  Also, charm.  Pulling and crowd control probably attributed to about 50% of my fun in EQ. 

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:04 AM PST

Zarriya said:

Kilsin said:

Zarriya said:

aww man - you CAN do that now(log in and play)!  I'm sure it'll be more fun when all of us hop in too though - we'll be there soon enough!

Oh, I meant with you guys, I wasn't boasting! lol, sorry it's 1 am for me and the coffee is wearing off! :)

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:04 AM PST

Sevens said:

Multi colored mana

Yeah nice man, I am looking forward to this too :)

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:05 AM PST

Vade said:

The pulling dynamic.  Pulling, splitting, crowd control.  Also, charm.  Pulling and crowd control probably attributed to about 50% of my fun in EQ. 

Yeah very cool, as an ex-Psi in VG I am also looking forward to this :)

• 110 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:06 AM PST

Class interdependency promoting more social interaction and stigma for being a tool.

Garmr

• 130 posts
    February 11, 2016 7:47 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Vade said:

Yeah very cool, as an ex-Psi in VG I am also looking forward to this :)

I hear ya ... I mained an Enchanter on EQ for around 10 years once I landed my first AE mez from my ENC buff bot.  I was IMMEDIATELY hooked.  I became an adrenaline junkie (i.e., an Enchanter).

So yea, I'm really looking forward to seeing all mechanic bits regarding the gameplay.  =)

• 157 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:22 AM PST

Multi colored mana.  The ability to use multiple colors of mana.  How the mana pools are used / managed.  How the individual classes morph as they specialize later in the game.

• 511 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:38 AM PST

Not sure what part I am really looking forward too. I can tell you I am really looking forward to hearing more about the Progeny system!

• 132 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:51 AM PST
    • Battle the harsh climates of the world—it can, and will, affect your character.

And having a game that promotes making friends. 

• 671 posts
    February 11, 2016 8:53 AM PST

/who GM all

/tell Sandaso Greetings servant of Terminus, I have seen many things & much wonders...  but I have something you should see. Mayhap, you can use your powers and come to my aid..?

*the wind stirs and without reason, you feel a presence...*

Sandaso says: Greeting Heiromonk, you have intrigued me, what is it..?

/say Greetings, I thank thee for your time. Have a look over yonder.. 

2 days later:

Sandaso says: OOC Thank you, those player accounts where banned. Have a nice day

/r ooc Just doing my job bro...  hate AFK boters.!!

• 62 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:11 AM PST

Multi Colored Mana. If it's anything like Magic: The Gathering where some cards, in Pantheon's case, abilities and spells require drawing from different sources of mana and in varying amounts, it could open up to really interesting character development choices.

Itemization wise, this is hugely impactful. Perhaps most of your favorite spells require red mana but your gear is a good mix of blue, red and black, would you then memorize spells that take advantage of your current gear or would you now search for gear with just red mana? This could lead to instances where people playing the same class have very different itemization paths depending on their playstyle and that to me is very interesting.

• 194 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:18 AM PST
    I'm looking forward to the multi-colored mana system as well, and in general, just discovering how character development is influenced by choice of gear.
    • 1778 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:40 AM PST
    Yea Ill have to go with class interdependency. Its my most anticipated thing and the reason I cant stand playing modern MMOs where even group encounters just feel like a group of strangers that just happen to be beating on the same mob. No synergy, no communication, no true inter class dependency........ so disheartening. So thats why Im not so patiently waiting Pantheon lol.
    • 1714 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:48 AM PST

A slower paced game where I can grow attached to areas and items and people because I will be spending lots of time with them. 

• 157 posts
    February 11, 2016 10:17 AM PST

Krixus said:

A slower paced game where I can grow attached to areas and items and people because I will be spending lots of time with them. 

Right there with ya.  I hope we start grouping at level 5 and progression is nice and slow.  I'm sick and tired of the "no-game-till-end-game" mad rush to top level mentality.  I'd love to spend enough time in the mid-levels that I'm crafting my gear (and that would be an acceptable thing to do), or questing for that hard-to-get spell, etc.  

Gimme my adventure back!

• 208 posts
    February 11, 2016 11:16 AM PST

Sevens said:

Multi colored mana

This one. Interested in seeing how it can affect encounters and their design.

• 106 posts
    February 11, 2016 11:17 AM PST
    The relationship between pc and npc in combat in regards to gear, buffs and offensive / defensive skills
    • 2419 posts
    February 11, 2016 5:37 PM PST

Kilsin said:

What is your most anticipated feature or mechanic in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and why? :)

The Log-in button.

So I can play the game.

This post was edited by Vandraad at February 11, 2016 5:37 PM PST
    • 999 posts
    February 11, 2016 5:48 PM PST

I'd say any feature/mechanic that was unique to Pantheon.  I would already understand for the most part what the interdependency, etc. would entail and am excited about them all, but I'd be curious to see how all the new mechanics intertwine with the established tried and true features/mechanics.

Or, what Vandraad said :).

• 366 posts
    February 11, 2016 5:56 PM PST

Kilsin said:

...snip..

Oh, I meant with you guys, I wasn't boasting! lol, sorry it's 1 am for me and the coffee is wearing off! :)

I know - I was teasing <3

Vandraad said:

The Log-in button.

So I can play the game.

:) I agree - I think we keep to Kilsin company in there.

This post was edited by Zarriya at February 11, 2016 5:57 PM PST