Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Bonus/Double Experience events

• 4 posts
    October 18, 2016 12:57 PM PDT

Isaya said:

....I also am not a fan of one zone having bonus exp- or better exp for a level that other zones of equal level do not have. I think it just adds to the crowd gathering all in one zone to get better exp. I remember in eq that High Keep was better exp than other equal level zones had and people would flock there to get the added exp.

I am actually a fan of diversity with regard to zone experience levels, but I do wish that they would vary based on global events or with regard to particular racial bonuses. I too dislike there being a slew of underutilized zones, but that should be deliberately addressed with various mechanisms, as opposed to just baselining all experience and leaving it up to chance.  Experience bonuses (racial/class), equipment drops, spawn rates are all factors that could be used to vary zone utilization.

Drazzot

• 5 posts
    October 18, 2016 1:25 PM PDT

I am not a fan of bonus xp.  It tends to make me stay away from the game so I don't out level the content. 

BDO seems to always have bonus XP every weekend to get people to level.   That is when I have the most time to play and the reason I don't play BDO currently because it is always bonus XP.

If you do bonus xp weekends then have an option to turn it off.  Have bonus xp scrolls for sell for cheap in game, not microtransactions.  Say 1 silver.  If you want the bonus xp then go buy a scroll.  This way it is a choice for each player to make.