Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Now with new Race and Class Information...

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 2:24 AM PDT

Now that we have released some more information on Classes and Races, do you have an idea of what your first character might be?

• 18 posts
    October 8, 2015 2:51 AM PDT

The first cheracter I create has always been what would be closest to a "pure" healer as that is what I preferr to play, even though I often ends up playing a tank in raids.

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 3:13 AM PDT

Yeah nice Bonadew, I really like healers too but always end up with one of everything and a Rogue or CC main :)

• October 8, 2015 6:43 AM PDT

Dwarf healer will be my main, as always since EQ.

• 105 posts
    October 8, 2015 6:55 AM PDT

No.  I think I'll just make one of eveything and see what sticks.  

• 3016 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:02 AM PDT

Gnome wizard...and multiple alts after. :)

• 724 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:03 AM PDT

I keep telling myself that I'll go with another class (than I'd usually pick) in Pantheon. That will be the Enchanter most likely, if the class is any similar to EQ's variant. I've also thought about playing a Cleric, but I'm not sure I'll actually choose one as my main character. However, I must admit that I'm very tempted by the Summoner class, as I loved the magician in EQ (and missed it in VG).

So in the end, I'm not sure yet :) And I suppose once we learn more about the classes the decision will become easier even more interesting.

As to what race? Also not sure yet. Probably Human, Archai, Elf or Gnome. So many possibilities! :)

This post was edited by Sarim at October 8, 2015 7:23 AM PDT
    • 160 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:09 AM PDT

A dark elf Shadowknight.

Umm... wait... where are the dark elves? Where are the fashion-trend-setting, gnome-punting, paladin-bashing, wood-elf-maid-seducing, join-the-dark-side inkies?

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:25 AM PDT
    BloodbeardBattlecaster said:

Dwarf healer will be my main, as always since EQ.

Nice mate, I like Dwarves and usually roll a Dwarf Pally/Crusader :)

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:25 AM PDT
    Marilee said:

No.  I think I'll just make one of eveything and see what sticks.  

Haha! That's the way Marilee :)

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:26 AM PDT
    CanadinaXegony said:

Gnome wizard...and multiple alts after. :)

Nice Cana, I love the look of the new Gnomes and I am addicted to Alts...I have a problem! :) 

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:27 AM PDT
    Sarim said:

I keep telling myself that I'll go with another class (than I'd usually pick) in Pantheon. That will be the Enchanter most likely, if the class is any similar to EQ's variant. I've also thought about playing a Cleric, but I'm not sure I'll actually choose one as my main character. However, I must admit that I'm very tempted by the Summoner class, as I loved the magician in EQ (and missed it in VG).

So in the end, I'm not sure yet :) And I suppose once we learn more about the classes the decision will become easier even more interesting.

As to what race? Also not sure yet. Probably Human, Archai, Elf or Gnome. So many possibilities! :)

Enchanter, Cleric and Summoner will all be very cool classes, you may as well roll one of each and see which one you like that best! :)

• 9115 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:29 AM PDT
    Aethor said:

A dark elf Shadowknight.

Umm... wait... where are the dark elves? Where are the fashion-trend-setting, gnome-punting, paladin-bashing, wood-elf-maid-seducing, join-the-dark-side inkies?

Haha! You mean a Dark Myr - Dire Lord? ;) 

• 595 posts
    October 8, 2015 8:10 AM PDT

I think Skar Shaman or Dire Lord followed by Gnome Enchanter.  Or something totally different.  Either way.

• 160 posts
    October 8, 2015 8:14 AM PDT

Dire Lord - yes. I'm not so sure about Dark Myr - I don't see myself as a (male) siren. I kind of thought you will have dark elves there.

As for gnomes... I still remember my first gnome sacrifice. It was about the time gnomes were allowed to be shadowknights and paladins, so we had a new gnome on a raid, and as the raid leader, I sent him to pull Vyzh'dra the Cursed (a raid boss with a death-touch) without telling him what will happen. As the (sort of new to raiding) gnome went to meet his fate, I prayed in the raid chat channel: "Our father, thou art in the Plane of Hate, please accept this gnome and give us our fat loots today... blah blah... amen". The gnomer's soul went to join Innoruuk's zoo park, and we did get good items to drop, so I guess it worked.

I hope your gnomes here in Pantheon will be as usable... I'll report my findings after using up a few of them.

This post was edited by Aethor at October 8, 2015 3:47 PM PDT
    • 20 posts
    October 8, 2015 8:33 AM PDT

Ranger, definitely :)

• 21 posts
    October 8, 2015 8:53 AM PDT

I'm thinking Orge Dire Lord!

• 154 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:18 AM PDT

I am a bit unsure because I don't know what races can be what classes. Will Shaman be primarily misunderstood races like ogres and skar? Or will Archai get in on that action as well? Are Halflings only druids or do they get a little Shaman action? Based on my time avaliability or limited amount of it I will probably play something at least as an alt that can solo decent so I am thinking at least a gnome summoner but we shall see about what my "main" will be.

Also racially I find the Archai, Drak Myr, Halflings, and Gnomes the most interesting so the classes that those races can be will probably limit my choice.

Edit: Added thoughts about race

This post was edited by cram9030 at October 8, 2015 3:48 PM PDT
    • 74 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:32 AM PDT

If you guys end up having a village in the trees like Kelethin I will probably be rocking the Elven Druid :D

• 511 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:40 AM PDT

So Kilsin, this brings up a question I have not seen answered, are there goign to be class/race restrictions or will any race be able to be any class?

If so Ogre Summoner at your service!

This post was edited by Dreconic at October 8, 2015 3:50 PM PDT
    • 781 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:55 AM PDT

Gnome DireLord.....  Elf / Cleric.....   what to do??? what to do??? :)

This post was edited by Kelem at October 8, 2015 3:50 PM PDT
    • 211 posts
    October 8, 2015 10:32 AM PDT
    Prindan said:

If you guys end up having a village in the trees like Kelethin I will probably be rocking the Elven Druid :D

According to the latest (more detailed) map, there IS a Kelethin-like tree city - but it's the halflings in Wild's End :)

• 430 posts
    October 8, 2015 10:39 AM PDT
    Shaman or Druid , as for race ? Depends on what races are allowed . Elven/shaman. Myr / Druid
    This post was edited by Shea at October 8, 2015 6:46 PM PDT
    • 25 posts
    October 8, 2015 10:45 AM PDT

Shaman will be my first i am sure.....why i love to buff, dot/debuff, slow, send my wolf , bear etc in for some carnage...

1) Archai or Myr - Shaman

But, to be honest I am an alt XXXre I am sure i will have have one of each!!!! I like to excperience it all. So please have 6+(8 works for me =)>......) character slots lol

Add 1 char slot per expansion if new race or class is introduced. oh yeah you might have to introduce load balance on my account as well if too many toons then opens up another account...hehe jk

This post was edited by Raven8Hawk at October 8, 2015 3:51 PM PDT
    • 578 posts
    October 8, 2015 11:04 AM PDT

I'm a bard through and through and I'll have to most likely wait some time before I can play one here. So I'm slightly torn. I don't know if I want to play something similar, a class that can perform similarly to the bard such as, I'm guessing, a monk who should have the skillset to pull or the enchanter who should be capable of CC.

What I most likely will do though is go in a different direction for now with a Dire Lord. I also like to tank and played an SK in EQ and assume some similarity with Pantheon's DL. I could go back to EQ entirely with my ikky SK and play a Skar (reminds me of the Iksar slightly) here which is what I'm leaning on or roll a massive Ogre. EQs Sk's actually had some tools that allowed them to pull if you knew what you were doing so that would be a bonus. :D