Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Server choice on launch day.

• 338 posts
    September 11, 2015 6:06 AM PDT

How will you choose your server on launch day ?

1) Pick the server name that sounds most appealing.

2) Choose based on some kind of population indication(low/med/high).

3) Get on voice chat and decide with your friends.

4) Go to whichever server your guild chooses.

5) Throw a dart at your monitor.

For me I will probably go to a server based on where my friends want to go and just see what happens from there.

Interested to see your responses,

Kiz~

This post was edited by Angrykiz at September 30, 2015 11:04 AM PDT
    • 724 posts
    September 11, 2015 6:59 AM PDT

Lol'ed at option 5 :)

I'll go with 1/2 most likely (would prefer a higher population server, to have more chances for groups). If I find a guild or group of friends before the game launches however, I'll of course go to wherever we decide.

This post was edited by Sarim at September 11, 2015 7:00 AM PDT
    • 384 posts
    September 11, 2015 7:09 AM PDT
    About the same as @Sarim, if I end up playing with friends or find a guild I'd go with the consensus but if I'm going it alone I'd most likely go to a med pop server, if we can see that info. High pop servers can be easier to find a group on but it's also easier to find a queue and camped areas. :)
    • 409 posts
    September 11, 2015 7:45 AM PDT

Since the only "friends" I have in P:RotF, as in people I have actually interacted with anywhere near this game, are all on this forum...I guess my server choice is the one most folks here go to.

• 430 posts
    September 11, 2015 8:35 AM PDT
    Option 6
    Eenie meanie Minie moe catch a server by its toe .
    • 17 posts
    September 11, 2015 8:54 AM PDT

For me it would just be a random pick.  Unless of course I decide to join a guild or some previous guild members appear to be interested, then it would be wherever the guild decides to play.

• 51 posts
    September 11, 2015 11:16 AM PDT

If I'm alone I'll look for the east coast RP server. If there's no RP tag, I'll look for the unofficial RP server. If there isn't one I'll pick a medium-high population server on the east coast.

If I have friends/guild who are playing I'll just go to whatever server they're on.

• 753 posts
    September 11, 2015 2:53 PM PDT

My friends and I usually throw an organized dart at the monitor.  We randomly pick and agree upon some letter of the alphabet before launch day, and all agree to meet on the first server that starts with that letter (or the next highest letter if no servers start with that letter).

This post was edited by Wandidar at September 11, 2015 2:54 PM PDT
    • 1434 posts
    September 11, 2015 4:03 PM PDT

It will be all about the ruleset, if rulesets exist at that point. Hopefully by later betas the potential playerbase will be large enough to justify a PvP server, immersion or some other form of hardcore mode. I'm hoping for PvP personally but I will choose whichever one is the hardest.

• 261 posts
    September 11, 2015 4:57 PM PDT

Depends if they have any other options.

If they are all just normal servers then either name or population.

If they have types like Normal / Hard then I would go for hard.

By this I mean they modify the xp, hp, damage do be different from a normal server.

Would be very easy to do in a server .ini file.

hit_points_mod = 1.1 then multiply every mob by 1.1 HP. Set to 1 for a normal server.

XP_mod = 0.95  need to kill more mobs etc. Set to 1.0 for normal server

To many games now days level too fast. I once was going to play Wildstar. When I got back after release I looked on the forums and there were level 40+'s after 2 weeks. Decided not to bother spending the cash for 1 months worth of playtime.

When I played RIFT I enjoyed the hunt for Artefacts and rare mobs. You levelled way too fast to be able to gather the zones artefacts so the rewards were meaningless. I think I was 50 when I finished the level 1-10 zone only because I went back to wander around the place when friends weren't playing just filling in time.

• 211 posts
    September 11, 2015 11:38 PM PDT

I really have no idea at this point. Most of my friends either don't play games anymore, or never leave their present games when I try to get them to try something new. Most likely I'll be going in a freelancer with the exception of one or two people that are interested in Pantheon, so I'd probably look for a high population PvE server. (If too high I'm sure it would get split soon enough.)

What I'd like to happen is maybe I can join a guild that fits my play style, of people from this forum, so I know it will be a group of quality people going in. Then I'd just create wherever they did.

• 43 posts
    September 12, 2015 3:28 AM PDT

US east coast non pvp server. Med or high pop preferred. 

• 308 posts
    September 12, 2015 7:07 AM PDT

As i am reading the lore as it is released to us, i will prolly pick the server with a lore based name that grabs me. as for my guild, i may end up being the only one playing this game as they are all Brad-Haters.

once the NDA is up tho i think some footage of my playtime in game will turn em around.

• 311 posts
    September 12, 2015 11:37 AM PDT

Imma join which ever server has the gm guild so I can join and train my guildies every chance I get lol. Unless they have a guild on every server might have to join them all.

• 85 posts
    September 12, 2015 2:44 PM PDT

If there are servers with different rule sets, then I'll choose accordingly.  FFA PVP being first, Team PVP second, RP PVE being third.
    If there are only PVE servers available with no RP option, I'll just go with a random server. If my friends decide to join me in Pantheon or I join a guild or something, then, we'll just decide together I guess.

This post was edited by Sylee at April 3, 2016 2:41 PM PDT
    • 107 posts
    September 12, 2015 3:17 PM PDT

Mass text to my guild mates. The argument that will surely ensue and drive all the iphone users crazy (especially Azraell) will be worth the first months subscription.

• 578 posts
    September 12, 2015 9:49 PM PDT
    Gawd said:

As i am reading the lore as it is released to us, i will prolly pick the server with a lore based name that grabs me. as for my guild, i may end up being the only one playing this game as they are all Brad-Haters.

once the NDA is up tho i think some footage of my playtime in game will turn em around.

A good game heals all (most) wounds.

• 2138 posts
    September 14, 2015 5:37 PM PDT

I would lean towards the role-play server if there is a separate one,  and like sylee mentions, based on the rule-set If there was a teams or "guild war" kind of server or something with hidden penalties that are not immediately known like grouping with evils causes something limiting to happen but also makes you secretly better in other areas that you dont know of right away. But not as simple as: Grouping with trolls gives you warts.

• 79 posts
    September 16, 2015 4:57 PM PDT

Whichever has most appealing PvP ruleset. (crosses fingers for some kind of dynamic in-game faction based PvP)

• 378 posts
    September 16, 2015 9:29 PM PDT

Well not much of a choice since I will play on the Server they name after me :)

• 3016 posts
    September 24, 2015 12:30 PM PDT

Usually go where my guild chooses (unless not in a guild of course)..or I look for a medium pop server..hate waiting in long queues, waiting to log in..

• 781 posts
    September 30, 2015 11:05 AM PDT

I go with the name first.  The name has a huge impact on my choosing a server. :)

• 163 posts
    October 2, 2015 10:24 AM PDT
    I'm going where ever Kilsin is!
    • 511 posts
    October 2, 2015 12:48 PM PDT

First off you are all going about this like there will be more than one server at launch.....

I kid, I kid, put the rope away no reason to hang me just yet!

The way  I will choose a server will be based on m guild (assuming I join or make one before launch). Now with in that guild usually people vote for the name they like the best. We would then be in a voice server incase our planned server was full we would roll on the back up one.

• 71 posts
    April 1, 2016 2:14 PM PDT

It all depends, but I'm guessing (however they work it out) it will be where the Founders Guild is located.

I'll then inform my friends.

What I do know for sure, is that I'll be taking launch day off...and maybe the next couple as well

This post was edited by Lakland at April 1, 2016 2:15 PM PDT