Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Server choice on launch day.

• 999 posts
    April 1, 2016 4:43 PM PDT
    /agreed Venjenz
    • 1468 posts
    April 1, 2016 4:44 PM PDT

I'll be going for the European server. If there isn't one I hope the European community will standardise on one of the US servers so all the European community will still be on the same server.

Best bet to keep everyone on European play times together. I'm sure myself and my guild mates will discuss this when the server list is actually published though.

• 1468 posts
    April 1, 2016 5:02 PM PDT

Lakland said:

It all depends, but I'm guessing (however they work it out) it will be where the Founders Guild is located.

I highly doubt the founders guild will be implemented in a server specific manner. I would hope it would be cross server. It seems to me like any solution that required you to be on a specific server would be a huge mistake. As I said in my previous post I'll be going on the European server and you can bet your bottom dollar that I am not the only European thinking the same thing.

Kilsin has already given hints about what the founders guild might be but it is all up in the air at the moment and nothing has been decided.

• 2419 posts
    April 1, 2016 5:09 PM PDT

As I'm in California, a server with the highest PST population will be first choice.  If I happen to be in a guild before release it will be whatever server the guild chooses...thought guild must have a high PST population for PST raids.

• 383 posts
    April 2, 2016 12:00 AM PDT

My wife and I will be looking for a server with a ruleset we would desire (hoping for a harder server ruleset). Also we would be looking for a lower population server due to smaller numbers being forced to work together instead of against each other. Not looking for a ton of people playing just for server firsts as if the majority of people playing cared. Obviously personal opinion. :)

This post was edited by Niien at April 2, 2016 12:01 AM PDT
    • 563 posts
    April 2, 2016 1:56 AM PDT

If servers have rulesets I would look for a server with harder rulesets, preferably rp, and if there are more then one of those, I'd then choose by better sounding (to me at least) name or maybe the lower population server. If I end up joining a guild before launch then I'd obviously be choosing whatever server the guild chooses :P

• 34 posts
    April 2, 2016 2:12 AM PDT

I'm night shift, so most likely the "unofficial NA EU server," or the actual EU server.  Whichever. 

Name doesn't really matter too much, but I must say, I was tempted to roll on Fat Man in SWTOR.  I mean, they named it after me, after all.

• 563 posts
    April 2, 2016 2:23 AM PDT

Wanderica said:

I'm night shift, so most likely the "unofficial NA EU server," or the actual EU server.  Whichever.

I hope I'm off night shift when the game comes out but I may end up having to do this too, forgot to take that into account :P

• 24 posts
    April 2, 2016 3:54 AM PDT

I live in Oceanic time zone, so I'd pick an Oceanic server for the Aussies / Asia players.

If all of the servers are NA servers then I'd pick a West Coast server.

If all of the servers are centrally located then all bets are off and I'd just pick one with a rule set I like if it has a cool lore related name then that's a bonus!

Hopefully they have servers for EU / Oceanic but if there isn't large enough demand I would understand if they don't.

• 11 posts
    April 2, 2016 6:54 PM PDT

I normally just go through a two-step process when picking a server for a new game:

1) does it have a decent, high-mid to high, population?

2) does the name have some major lore signifiance?

-> that one

Server population is definitely the top metric for me. I hate feeling alone in online worlds (even though I tend to play soloable classes). 

Has there been any indication of how many servers we can expect?

• 22 posts
    April 3, 2016 12:37 AM PDT

I'd say it depends. If my old guild reunites and the game have different regions I will probably go with NA even though I live in EU. Otherwise I usually pick a mid-high population server. I would also say that my choice depends on how the different server regions are operated. There have been some disasters in the past where an MMO have picked different operation providers per region resulting in a wastly different experience between NA and EU, to such a degree that people just jumped the EU region and bought the game again for the NA region.

But hopefully VR will handle the operation of all regions them selves, it doesn't bother me if a patch window occur during prime time here in EU. :)

• 363 posts
    April 3, 2016 4:56 AM PDT

1 and 2. Will use 3 if I manage to bring any friends along for the ride.

• 1468 posts
    April 3, 2016 11:08 AM PDT

Koras said:

I'd say it depends. If my old guild reunites and the game have different regions I will probably go with NA even though I live in EU. Otherwise I usually pick a mid-high population server. I would also say that my choice depends on how the different server regions are operated. There have been some disasters in the past where an MMO have picked different operation providers per region resulting in a wastly different experience between NA and EU, to such a degree that people just jumped the EU region and bought the game again for the NA region.

But hopefully VR will handle the operation of all regions them selves, it doesn't bother me if a patch window occur during prime time here in EU. :)

I've always preferred EU regions to NA regions for some reason. The EQ EU server (Antonious Bayle) had an awesome community and we had at least 4 top end raiding guilds at one point who were constantly at the forefront of progression. We also had a lot of mid level guilds as well which was awesome as you had a really healthy community.

I could never play on a NA server just because of the time zone differences. I'd never be able to find a group when I was on and playing.

• 22 posts
    April 3, 2016 1:04 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

I've always preferred EU regions to NA regions for some reason. The EQ EU server (Antonious Bayle) had an awesome community and we had at least 4 top end raiding guilds at one point who were constantly at the forefront of progression. We also had a lot of mid level guilds as well which was awesome as you had a really healthy community.

I could never play on a NA server just because of the time zone differences. I'd never be able to find a group when I was on and playing.

I played on Mithaniel Marr and it always felt crowded 24/7. Finding a group was never an issue no matter what hour you logged on. But since I played between 1999-2007 things probably changed after that.

Considering how nice this community seems so far I would probably roll a toon on an EU server if a bunch of people decides to gather up together at launch :)

This post was edited by Koras at April 3, 2016 1:05 PM PDT
    • 801 posts
    April 3, 2016 1:09 PM PDT

Velrak said:

US east coast non pvp server. Med or high pop preferred. 

Same Velrak, and hopefully decide to either lead a new guild or join one.

• 1714 posts
    April 3, 2016 1:30 PM PDT

Venjenz said:

Since the only "friends" I have in P:RotF, as in people I have actually interacted with anywhere near this game, are all on this forum...I guess my server choice is the one most folks here go to.

Yep. I will play, hopefully, wherever people like Raidan and Rally and Dullahan end up. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at April 3, 2016 1:42 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    April 3, 2016 1:37 PM PDT

Koras said:

Considering how nice this community seems so far I would probably roll a toon on an EU server if a bunch of people decides to gather up together at launch :)

I agree with that. Myself and a group of others that are forming a guild together for Pantheon will probably head to the EU server but as there hasn't even been an annoucement on whether there will be an EU server or not it is a bit premature (I don't expect to see a server list announcement until a few weeks before the game goes retail).

• 133 posts
    April 7, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

Non PVP for me and one with a larger population.

I hope we Europeans won't be constrained to EU servers. I have NA friends I'd like to play with.

• 1714 posts
    April 7, 2016 1:25 PM PDT

Zenya said:

I hope we Europeans won't be constrained to EU servers. I have NA friends I'd like to play with.

One of the things that made my EQ experience great was playing with the European players. It was cool to be in a group with a DE Warrior from Italy and a Ogre Shaman from the Netherlands, etc etc. 

• 121 posts
    April 7, 2016 1:38 PM PDT
    I belong to a large gaming organization. Long before release, they will select a guild leader for this game and that person will tell me what server to join. =)
    • 133 posts
    April 7, 2016 4:24 PM PDT

Krixus said:

Zenya said:

One of the things that made my EQ experience great was playing with the European players. It was cool to be in a group with a DE Warrior from Italy and a Ogre Shaman from the Netherlands, etc etc. 

Agreed!

• 556 posts
    April 8, 2016 8:26 AM PDT

Angrykiz said:

5) Throw a dart at your monitor.

Normally it's where we decide as a guild but this option looks much more fun lol.