Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon - Which Class and Why?

• 2138 posts
    August 2, 2015 7:12 PM PDT

*presses back against Grumor's back and begins pushing him forward* "See that thing over there? poke it, if it hits you stay there for a little and stab it back, ok?"

• 81 posts
    August 14, 2015 9:39 AM PDT

That is a tough question with the blandness of what is todays mmo classes. If this game brings back a class list like EQ the choice will be a tough one. My front runners though would have to be 

Monk

Enchanter

• 74 posts
    August 15, 2015 8:38 AM PDT

EQ1 Wizard followed closely by Vanguard Sorcerer.

Really likely the EQ1 wizard DPS and it's utility the most (teleport, Planes, and evac). This felt the most true to me of what I'd expect a Wizard to be, purest without need for summoned rings and whatnot (a la Vanguard).

Vanguard Sorc brought some interesting capability in place of teleport and evac (though didn't care for the summoned ring approach) with floating rings, underwater breathing rings, casting while moving, etc. Although I didn't care for the summoned rings mechanic, these extra utility abilities were kind of nice.

This post was edited by spyderoptik at August 17, 2015 7:15 AM PDT
    • 81 posts
    August 17, 2015 7:08 AM PDT

A necro would be up there as well if they have that class available. 

• 88 posts
    August 17, 2015 9:26 AM PDT

I can't make an absolute claim. But, I'm leaning in favor of an enchanter, druid, or cleric.

• 595 posts
    August 17, 2015 10:20 AM PDT

It's still so hard to narrow it to a single class without knowing how the game plays and especially knowing so little about the specific classes themselves.  There was a time when I would have just said "Druid, not close" and moved on, but my play style has changed greatly over the years.  These days, I more often than not select my class based on a role need within my play group (my two brothers and my fiance).  

If I utterly had to chose right now based on the people I most often play with (not including any of you!) I more than likely can narrow it down to "tank".  From there I feel like I still need to let the classes shake out a bit more before I make a final decision, but the front runner is Dread Lord,  maybe???

• 43 posts
    August 25, 2015 4:54 AM PDT

If I could only choose one it would have to be Iksar Shaman with my scaled wolf pet.

• 62 posts
    August 25, 2015 1:49 PM PDT

DRUID! All the way.

• 105 posts
    August 25, 2015 2:28 PM PDT

Enchanter. I have to be honest, the first and foremost reason is my love for the EQ enchanter and the many ways in which you could combine it's abilities to do cool things.

Crowd control is just plain fun. In groups it forces the group to play strategically and work together, so when you have a group that works well with the enchanter it's a lot of fun. Solo, its fun to play crowd control classes. There's often more risk because you can take on multiple opponents and, of course, because you can you do. There's also an inherent risk level that's higher in taking on multiple opponents solo. When things go south you have multiple opponents wailing on your thin hide.

I also liked that enchanters could boost mana regen in EQ. It meant you were always in demand if only for that ability.

• 595 posts
    August 25, 2015 3:00 PM PDT
    Kayd said:

Enchanter. I have to be honest, the first and foremost reason is my love for the EQ enchanter and the many ways in which you could combine it's abilities to do cool things.

Crowd control is just plain fun. In groups it forces the group to play strategically and work together, so when you have a group that works well with the enchanter it's a lot of fun. Solo, its fun to play crowd control classes. There's often more risk because you can take on multiple opponents and, of course, because you can you do. There's also an inherent risk level that's higher in taking on multiple opponents solo. When things go south you have multiple opponents wailing on your thin hide.

I also liked that enchanters could boost mana regen in EQ. It meant you were always in demand if only for that ability.

Crowd control classes are awesome.  I love playing cc/utility in which I'm not necessarily contributing much directly in combat but my efforts are felt in a myriad of other ways.  I love the high skill cap associated with the Enchanter as well.  It's not so daunting that only a select few can play the class effectively but you can certainly differentiate yourself from the pack with practice and proper understanding of the class's strengths and weaknesses.

Enchanter is definitely on my short list of possible mains in Pantheon.

• 85 posts
    August 25, 2015 7:13 PM PDT

I really, really want to say a big, ugly Shaman...because, well, that's Sylee (VG).  And I love healing.

I also really want to say Sorcerer/Wizard type...because uber dps.  Pure fun.

Bloodmage...omg, love that class.  Disciple too.  I even liked the Rift Chloro.  (I guess I just like the dmg/heal mechanic.)

I tend to like Necros as well.  

And enchanters, too.  

This is sooo hard.

Hmmm, I'm guess I'm going to have to go ahead and choose Druid.  It's the best of all worlds and I can only choose one...  (Which is NOT fair, Kilsin!)

This post was edited by Sylee at August 28, 2015 10:44 AM PDT
    • 595 posts
    August 25, 2015 7:24 PM PDT
    Sylee said:

Hmmm, I'm guess I'm going to have to go ahead and choose Druid.  It's the best of all worlds and I can only choose one...  (Which is NOT fair, Kilsin!)

Yup!  It's super tough to even pick one out of all the awesome EQ and Vanguard classes, even more so when you add every other game (though all of my favorite classes still are from EQ and VG).

• 81 posts
    August 25, 2015 8:35 PM PDT

I am curious if they are going to add the necro to the class list for launch. That would complete EQ class list and add another tough choice to choose from!

• 595 posts
    August 25, 2015 8:57 PM PDT

My guess is that Necro will be the second "Secret Expansion" class.  But something totally new would be cool.  Though I would be sad if there was never to be a Necro.

• 308 posts
    August 25, 2015 10:30 PM PDT
    Raroic said:

I am curious if they are going to add the necro to the class list for launch. That would complete EQ class list and add another tough choice to choose from!

im thinking that necro will be a summoner with black mana from extras.

• 9115 posts
    August 26, 2015 3:05 AM PDT

Necromancers and Bards are very much in high demand from a lot of our supporters across all platforms, the team is aware of the desire for these two classes but we cannot make any promises as to whether they will make launch or be released later on :)

• 81 posts
    August 26, 2015 5:02 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Necromancers and Bards are very much in high demand from a lot of our supporters across all platforms, the team is aware of the desire for these two classes but we cannot make any promises as to whether they will make launch or be released later on :)

No worries thanks for the info though. I will have a hard enough time choosing with what is already listed :P

• 9115 posts
    August 26, 2015 6:24 AM PDT
    Raroic said:
    Kilsin said:

No worries thanks for the info though. I will have a hard enough time choosing with what is already listed :P

Haha so will I mate, I will definitely roll a Rogue as my main but I love Shaman, Cleric, Enchanters and will always pick a tank that I like best, I love alts and seeing what every class can do :)

• 62 posts
    August 26, 2015 8:44 AM PDT

I always play a healer or a petter. Necromancer is a very close tie with Druid. But since I had to only choose one, I chose a path of healing - although Necro's could be potential healers too... ugh. Why such a hard question! This is why we have alts. :D

This post was edited by Perplexing89 at August 26, 2015 8:51 AM PDT
    • 595 posts
    August 26, 2015 8:59 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Beans, Beans, Beans, Beans, Beans :D 

• 338 posts
    August 26, 2015 10:04 AM PDT

Enchanter main then twink up a rogue for an alt I think...

Kiz~

• 595 posts
    August 26, 2015 10:19 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

This would make choosing my main at launch SOOOO much more difficult.  Bard and Necromancer are two of my very favorite classes (both EQ and VG iterations).  I'll be super interested to see how this shakes out.

• 79 posts
    August 30, 2015 6:38 PM PDT

Paladin. No doubts in my mind about that.

• 91 posts
    September 8, 2015 7:40 AM PDT

Shaman

As long as it plays fairly similar to EQ1 sham.  I always loved my shaman, obviously it had tweeks it needed, they all do always, but over all loved it and look forward to playing it again.

xan