Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Spread the Word!

• 154 posts
    April 18, 2015 1:44 PM PDT

@Kilsin just the recorded version. They made reference to it and then said it was fixed but I could still hear it. I might try it again, maybe I just need to skip ahead a few minutes or something. If you didn't notice it live then maybe they really did sort it out as it went along.

• 999 posts
    April 18, 2015 3:14 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:

That's no good mate, I personally had no problem with the audio quality, I wonder if anyone else had that issue? I watched and listened to it live, I have not watched the recorded version, I wonder if there is a difference in audio quality between the two or did you try and listen to the live version too?

The first few minutes of the recorded version has terrible audio quality.  I think it was around minute 2-3 before I was able to actually start hearing anything.

• 9115 posts
    April 18, 2015 6:29 PM PDT

Thanks guy's, they may have had uploading issues or a problem with the codec when recording it, good to know it was only the first few minutes though!

• 83 posts
    April 19, 2015 6:14 PM PDT

Im kinda weird  i guess, i prefer reading game news, maybe in the future when there's a podcast/stream visit by the devs we could get a small news blurb on frontpage with a few treats and then link to said interview?

• 9115 posts
    April 20, 2015 2:42 AM PDT
    Zlambit said:

Im kinda weird  i guess, i prefer reading game news, maybe in the future when there's a podcast/stream visit by the devs we could get a small news blurb on frontpage with a few treats and then link to said interview?

There is mate, every time there is something like that I sign into the "Announcement" account and push a blog out (which goes straight to the front page as a new release for all to see whether you are logged in or not.

I also push an update out in the "Announcement" section under my staff handle "Kilsin", I then push it to Facebook and Twitter (and the team favourites and re-tweets to spread it wider on both platforms) and finally after waiting a little while I will push it to MMORPG.com if no other community member has (I try to leave it for you guys to post it over there) and I send Sajbear a quick link to it via a chat message on steam and he does a great job of posting it to the Steam and Reddit groups.

This happens for every single twitch stream, pod cost, dev round table, update, release etc. :)

• 999 posts
    April 20, 2015 5:55 AM PDT
    Zlambit said:

It's not really a summary of the interview, but its the thoughts of one of the people who participated in the TheoryForge Interview, Veluux, with Joppa on Tentonhammer:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/columns/gravity-well/insight-pantheons-redemption

• 105 posts
    April 23, 2015 10:01 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Zlambit said:

some news would probably help aswell, early march was the last time :)

The last release of news was via a twitch interview that was 7 days ago on April 11! ;)

In that interview Chris spoke about releasing a big update within ~7-10 days (rough estimate), so the team is working hard towards that goal currently and it should hopefully be ready soon(tm) :)

I suspect, at the end of the day there is a limit to what the community can do and they need VRI to release news and media, participate in interviews, and otherwise engage with the community. This community seems very good at trying to spread the word, but Chris being on Theory Forge was probably announced in places that reach new people that the community can't reach.

Along those lines, one of the most impressive pieces of "hype" VRI has, IMHO is that Feb video showing visual upgrades to Pantheon. I was surprised it wasn't in the Media section of this site. What's more, if you are a new visitor to this site, it doesn't appear under the news, which makes it look like the last video was released in November. Just a heads up.

• 9115 posts
    April 23, 2015 6:52 PM PDT
    Kayd said:
    Kilsin said:
    Zlambit said:

some news would probably help aswell, early march was the last time :)

The last release of news was via a twitch interview that was 7 days ago on April 11! ;)

In that interview Chris spoke about releasing a big update within ~7-10 days (rough estimate), so the team is working hard towards that goal currently and it should hopefully be ready soon(tm) :)

I suspect, at the end of the day there is a limit to what the community can do and they need VRI to release news and media, participate in interviews, and otherwise engage with the community. This community seems very good at trying to spread the word, but Chris being on Theory Forge was probably announced in places that reach new people that the community can't reach.

Along those lines, one of the most impressive pieces of "hype" VRI has, IMHO is that Feb video showing visual upgrades to Pantheon. I was surprised it wasn't in the Media section of this site. What's more, if you are a new visitor to this site, it doesn't appear under the news, which makes it look like the last video was released in November. Just a heads up.

Yes, you are correct, we have not had someone to help with web admin or web development for quite some time and that is why this site has struggled among other reasons (there are lot's of issues with this site). We are in the process of setting up a new more professional website, so all of these issues will be rectified once we launch it as I believe we will be setting a match to most parts of this website if not all.

• 118 posts
    April 27, 2015 11:48 AM PDT

While I have never felt particularly dissatisfied with this site, It is good to know an upgrade is in the wings.