Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Spread the Word!

• 67 posts
    April 14, 2015 2:07 PM PDT

Since the devs have been busy chugging along on their game, I think we have a great opportunity as Pantheon supporters to get more people interested in this game.  I know I've been talking to some of my friends from college, and from friends ive met in other MMOs and they all seem very interested in a game like this being developed. 

We have a about 2400 members on this forum; I think with some word of mouth, some well placed links to the homepage, lorekeeper site and podcasts, we can grow that number substantially.  

If any of you are part of gaming communities, posting a thread about Pantheon or mentioning something to one of the leaders can really drive some interest.

• 105 posts
    April 14, 2015 2:18 PM PDT

Say, what exactly affects the hype meter at MMORPG.com. Maybe there's a way to bump that up.

Edit: maybe it's not called the hype meter, it is just the "top voted games"

This post was edited by Kayd at April 14, 2015 6:18 PM PDT
    • 1434 posts
    April 14, 2015 2:30 PM PDT

Hype meter is about the rating and the activity in the Pantheon subforum on mmorpg.com.  The best way to get the word out is spending a little time there and posting on the subforum.  I also have a link to Pantheon's tenets and features page in my forum signature and I spend some time posting in relevant topics doing a bit of name dropping.  Theres always a number of active threads that basically boil down to veteran MMORPG players and mechanics versus modern MMOs and convenience.  Its a perfect place to nonchalantly mention Pantheon.

• 378 posts
    April 14, 2015 6:41 PM PDT

Hopefully once we get the new site up and running this will allow free members to chat and ask question they have, that will bring us a lot more exposure.

• 9115 posts
    April 14, 2015 6:48 PM PDT
    Xeravik said:

Since the devs have been busy chugging along on their game, I think we have a great opportunity as Pantheon supporters to get more people interested in this game.  I know I've been talking to some of my friends from college, and from friends ive met in other MMOs and they all seem very interested in a game like this being developed. 

We have a about 2400 members on this forum; I think with some word of mouth, some well placed links to the homepage, lorekeeper site and podcasts, we can grow that number substantially.  

If any of you are part of gaming communities, posting a thread about Pantheon or mentioning something to one of the leaders can really drive some interest.

This is a really good post Xeravik, I will support any initiative to help promote or raise awareness about Pantheon :)

We are actively engaging the MMORPG.com community and our hype or rating is based on activity in our sub forum, so posts mainly, not only do they give is hype points but any new post is pushed to the front page latest posts section for all to see.

Here is a list of platforms and sites that I monitor for Pantheon, everyone is welcome to join these and any others that you wish too if you want to help spread the word.

Pantheon Facebook Official

Pantheon YouTube Official

Pantheon Sound Cloud Official

Pantheon Twitter (currently using personal accounts to build followers between us all for a wider audience) 

Aradune  

Joppa

Kilsin

Montreseur

Istuulamae

Pantheon Twitch 

Monty's Twitch

Joppa's Twitch

Monty and Joppa Multi Twitch Watch both at once on the same split screen

Pantheon Steam Group Fan site

Pantheon Reddit - Fan site

Pantheon MMORPG.com Game Media

Pantheon Massively Overpowered Game Media

Pantheon Powerleveled Articles Game Media

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 19, 2015 5:06 PM PDT
    • 67 posts
    April 14, 2015 7:07 PM PDT

I'll have to check out MMORPG.com a bit more, I know it's a pretty popular webpage people view, so I'll def get more involved there as well.

• 378 posts
    April 15, 2015 3:15 PM PDT
    Xeravik said:

I'll have to check out MMORPG.com a bit more, I know it's a pretty popular webpage people view, so I'll def get more involved there as well.

There is no more wretched hive of scum and villainy then MMORPG.com

Speaking of Scum, we just hit #3 at MMORPG.com

This post was edited by Zandil at April 15, 2015 7:56 PM PDT
    • 67 posts
    April 15, 2015 11:02 PM PDT
    Zandil said:
    Xeravik said:

There is no more wretched hive of scum and villainy then MMORPG.com

Speaking of Scum, we just hit #3 at MMORPG.com

Was that sarcasm? or are there a lot of writers that put some pretty bad/false game reviews?

This post was edited by Xeravik at April 16, 2015 12:34 AM PDT
    • 378 posts
    April 15, 2015 11:04 PM PDT

No, the forums over there can be pretty toxic, Pantheon ones are pretty good atm but step outside them and you will soon see what i mean. 

• 67 posts
    April 16, 2015 12:35 AM PDT
    Zandil said:

No, the forums over there can be pretty toxic, Pantheon ones are pretty good atm but step outside them and you will soon see what i mean. 

Lol, yeah, well, try the League of Legends forums, then you will know true hell. =P

• 67 posts
    April 16, 2015 1:39 AM PDT

I did post an thread on MMORPG btw, feel free to take a look =P 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/430544/Great-Reasons-to-Support-Pantheon.html

• 67 posts
    April 16, 2015 11:15 AM PDT

Thread locked in about 9 hours!! Zandil, you are a god.

• 3016 posts
    April 16, 2015 11:55 AM PDT

The screenshot section for Pantheon on Mmorpg.com REALLY needs some updating,  current selection still shows pics from Kickstarter days.     Pantheon is much better than that....and "seeing is believing"   A picture is worth a thousand words.   How about it guys?   Also I added my "hype" and my hype comment ..today. :)   

Cana aka Cendharia

• 1434 posts
    April 16, 2015 12:27 PM PDT
    Xeravik said:

Lol he called that one.  Trolls were out in force today.

• 1778 posts
    April 16, 2015 3:09 PM PDT
    Not suprising. They dont have forums but i prefer Massively now MassivelyOP. There articles are better and i dont feel like its yhe paid for advert..... er article of the week.
    • 378 posts
    April 16, 2015 3:38 PM PDT
    Xeravik said:

The internet has brought the world closer, sadly it has also brought us closer to so many more idiots in life. 

And yes I am a God ;)

This post was edited by Zandil at April 17, 2015 11:17 PM PDT
    • 67 posts
    April 16, 2015 8:47 PM PDT

On the bright side, I started a new topic, and that one has been going much better. =P

• 1434 posts
    April 17, 2015 8:18 PM PDT

Not sure why, but Pantheon has dropped back off hyped game list.  Looking at other games, I see they often go days without a post on their forums yet they remain on the chart.  We have a number of popular threads going there.  Most of it has been discussed here but its helping to get people participating and dispersing info about Pantheon at the same time.

• 9115 posts
    April 17, 2015 8:54 PM PDT
    Dullahan said:

Not sure why, but Pantheon has dropped back off hyped game list.  Looking at other games, I see they often go days without a post on their forums yet they remain on the chart.  We have a number of popular threads going there.  Most of it has been discussed here but its helping to get people participating and dispersing info about Pantheon at the same time.

I am fairly certain that it goes by unique visitors + activity + hype rating but the algorithm and system is flawed, so the most we can do is just keep visiting and posting, clicking through the different threads, reading and being helpful to others by correcting misinformation and sharing our communities maturity and kindness.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 18, 2015 9:35 AM PDT
    • 83 posts
    April 17, 2015 9:10 PM PDT

some news would probably help aswell, early march was the last time :)

• 9115 posts
    April 17, 2015 10:42 PM PDT
    Zlambit said:

The last release of news was via a twitch interview that was 7 days ago on April 11! ;)

In that interview Chris spoke about releasing a big update within ~7-10 days (rough estimate), so the team is working hard towards that goal currently and it should hopefully be ready soon(tm) :)

• 67 posts
    April 17, 2015 11:45 PM PDT

I wouldn't get too worked over the 'hype meter' anyway, the game is still early in development and an actual release date is a ways off.  It's just nice to see when Pantheon is in the top 10 of that list, because it does help raise awareness for the game.  

• 9115 posts
    April 18, 2015 2:43 AM PDT
    Xeravik said:

I wouldn't get too worked over the 'hype meter' anyway, the game is still early in development and an actual release date is a ways off.  It's just nice to see when Pantheon is in the top 10 of that list, because it does help raise awareness for the game.  

Yeah that is the message I try to promote too, the hype itself does nothing but the front page "Top 7" publicity does do a lot and helps bring in many more supporters, so it is valuable to us to try and keep the hype up so we stay within the top 7 list plus the more active we are in our Pantheon sub forum the more "recent threads" of ours show up on the front page as recently replied too which also helps create awareness and attracts new supporters.

• 154 posts
    April 18, 2015 9:20 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Zlambit said:

The last release of news was via a twitch interview that was 7 days ago on April 11! ;)

In that interview Chris spoke about releasing a big update within ~7-10 days (rough estimate), so the team is working hard towards that goal currently and it should hopefully be ready soon(tm) :)

I couldn't listen to the twitch stream. :( The audio quality was very poor so it was too distracting to have in the background while I worked and not something I could pull up and listen to on my phone while I drive, I was very sad. :(

• 9115 posts
    April 18, 2015 10:32 AM PDT
    cram9030 said:
    Kilsin said:
    Zlambit said:

I couldn't listen to the twitch stream. :( The audio quality was very poor so it was too distracting to have in the background while I worked and not something I could pull up and listen to on my phone while I drive, I was very sad. :(

That's no good mate, I personally had no problem with the audio quality, I wonder if anyone else had that issue? I watched and listened to it live, I have not watched the recorded version, I wonder if there is a difference in audio quality between the two or did you try and listen to the live version too?