Why are you willing to financially suppor this game

• 3016 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:21 PM PDT
    Exmortis said:

Easiest question ever asked:

EQ is not EQ its wow with a EQ face.

Vanguard was shut down.

Every other MMO is tripe.

Pantheon is my Obi Wan Kenobi, my only hope for one more MMO before I die.

What he said ^^^   There's been a drought out there on the 'Net these many years.   I am a person that ISN'T entertained by ..."walk two steps ...get a pat on the head and a cookie for finding the quest giver!!"  :P  *yawn*

Evercrack was my game,   I loved Vanguard,   I loved Star Wars Galaxies.   Played Dark Age of Camelot too!    I've been gaming online since 1995.    If a game isn't challenging,  interesting, thought provoking,  terrifying ...I sleepwalk through it.

( Cazic Thule:     Canadina!  Time to die!!   (that was scarey to me in those days hehehe)

So yeah I've paid my money..and I support this game morally and financially.    I see Pantheon as our last chance at real gaming.    

Cana

• 3016 posts
    March 23, 2015 12:37 PM PDT
    Velmeir said:

Well, my wife and I waited quite some time before taking the step to financially support this game.

Why?

Well, I remember the Vanguards boards and Brads comments about SOE coming in and "backing" the game.

I remember only little of the exact wording to be honest, but I clearly remember him saying: I am TIRED of...He was defending his reasons as to why he "allowed" Soe to come in with their big wallet...

A lot of us felt betrayed over the fact that SoE took over and destroyed everything VG could and I believe, would be, had they not done what they became (in)famous for: Destroying games. (in some peoples, among them mine, opinion)

The subject of Brad giving in to SoE and their demands back then, is a hotly contested topic on the boards of the gaming community i am a member of. We only too well remember what happened back then.

Soo, it took some time and a few videos/comments from Pantheons Dev team, to give us that small ounce of hope that we needed.

We just hope that Pantheon: Rise of the fallen, will be just "some" of what we hope it will be.

As it is right now. We have paid what we have for but a small hope. Our gaming communities that has a a lot of old EQ1 and VG players, all await our words as to what and how, this game will turn out. The term vapor ware, have frequently been used on those boards and in an effort to actually get this game running, my wife and I gave what we could afford (of our own pocket) to actually figure out what and how this game works.

So, hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

Velmeir.

I remember those days Velmeir I was in the third phase testing for Vanguard.   I remember what we were told and how hyped we were.   I remember devs checking in on the forums...during when they were working feverishly to get things fixed.   Probably never did get to the end of all the bug reports we sent in.   SOE seemed to want to go early...Microsoft wanted even earlier...the June or July of 2006...game was no where ready at that point.    

But in spite of all the messups,  that world was truly beautiful,   and the biggest shame of all...was losing Keith Parkinson's contributions in that world.    I am still mad at SOE for sunsetting Vanguard.    They could have fixed it,  but instead left it on life support...what a darned shame. 

So I am holding out hope that this next McQuaid game will vindicate him and all those who believe it is possible.      Cheers!

• 144 posts
    March 24, 2015 7:48 AM PDT

Its a dream...  All dreams deserve a chance...

Like all business deals there is good and bad.  I am an avid VG fan is why I am here.  I am not a fan of EQ at all.  I know how dare you.  Graphics is why.  However I am a fan of "Fancy" the bard.

There has been ups and downs here I was once orange then purple then orange again.  Like any investment its your money and for years people have told me how to spend it and what to do with it.  At the end of the day its my choice and I am here by my choice.

The part of the team that made me go from purple to orange is no longer around and before I go purple again I have to see a number of things.  I am more impressed with this game now then I have ever been since day 1.  With the pulling of the lifetime membership  I have no reason to be purple.

I so much look forward to playing a great game with the MMO family I have come to love over the years.  This type of game is the only type that will bring them all back together,

Those are my reasons....

• 201 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:48 AM PDT
    CanadinaXegony said:
    Velmeir said:

Well, my wife and I waited quite some time before taking the step to financially support this game.

Why?

Well, I remember the Vanguards boards and Brads comments about SOE coming in and "backing" the game.

I remember only little of the exact wording to be honest, but I clearly remember him saying: I am TIRED of...He was defending his reasons as to why he "allowed" Soe to come in with their big wallet...

A lot of us felt betrayed over the fact that SoE took over and destroyed everything VG could and I believe, would be, had they not done what they became (in)famous for: Destroying games. (in some peoples, among them mine, opinion)

The subject of Brad giving in to SoE and their demands back then, is a hotly contested topic on the boards of the gaming community i am a member of. We only too well remember what happened back then.

Soo, it took some time and a few videos/comments from Pantheons Dev team, to give us that small ounce of hope that we needed.

We just hope that Pantheon: Rise of the fallen, will be just "some" of what we hope it will be.

As it is right now. We have paid what we have for but a small hope. Our gaming communities that has a a lot of old EQ1 and VG players, all await our words as to what and how, this game will turn out. The term vapor ware, have frequently been used on those boards and in an effort to actually get this game running, my wife and I gave what we could afford (of our own pocket) to actually figure out what and how this game works.

So, hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

Velmeir.

I remember those days Velmeir I was in the third phase testing for Vanguard.   I remember what we were told and how hyped we were.   I remember devs checking in on the forums...during when they were working feverishly to get things fixed.   Probably never did get to the end of all the bug reports we sent in.   SOE seemed to want to go early...Microsoft wanted even earlier...the June or July of 2006...game was no where ready at that point.    

But in spite of all the messups,  that world was truly beautiful,   and the biggest shame of all...was losing Keith Parkinson's contributions in that world.    I am still mad at SOE for sunsetting Vanguard.    They could have fixed it,  but instead left it on life support...what a darned shame. 

So I am holding out hope that this next McQuaid game will vindicate him and all those who believe it is possible.      Cheers!

I was in the same boat.  At the time I didn't really have the cash for the best PC out there.  My video card was feeling very outdated.  However I was able to play throughout the betas and it seemed once it was released, for some odd bug reason, I was unable to play without crashing or getting very low FPS.  I often wondered if it was pushed out a little more if I would of been able to stick with vanguard longer.

• 118 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:57 PM PDT

Its my money to do with as I will, and I want to see this game get made.

If this game doesn't get made; I am left with the proposition of going back to Eve to fight futilely against the endless tide of the Goonswarm =(.  I much prefer the high quality PvE experiences of classic EQ.  They get my money because they are the only ones to offer what I want.

• 37 posts
    April 12, 2015 8:56 PM PDT

I did it so that the industry would know that this market still exists out there.  The one that wants a detailed, immersive virtual world filled with adventure and intrigue.  Virtually the entire genre has jumped on the slot machine / arcade bandwagon, chasing after those elusive, penny pinching console gamers.  We may not be legion, but we're still worthwhile and profitable.

This post was edited by Vorthanion at April 23, 2015 10:09 AM PDT