Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 8 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:38 AM PDT
    Just WHEN the Hell are you going to launch this thing??????
    This post was edited by Ranarius at October 26, 2023 2:12 PM PDT
    • 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:49 AM PDT
    With only half of the classes/races (not counting features and zones) check back in another 10 years, and no I am not kidding.

afaik they have no publisher and are low on cash.

Then again, with the furious chatter going on in the forums you must know all this, and I too would like it to launch.
    • 26 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:04 AM PDT

Did you say launch or lunch? Maybe they are out of bread.

• 394 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:08 AM PDT
    ONE OF MY KIDS BROKE MY CAPS LOCK KEY TOO.

I’M NOT UPSET, BUT DON’T KNOW HOW TO SHOW IT.

• 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:10 AM PDT
    @Inselberg - I saw your joke in the other thread... Keep up the good work
    • 3852 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:11 AM PDT
    Inselberg - you are on a roll. Wait, never mind, this is not the roll playing section of the forums.

If they thought they could launch within five years at the current rate of what very charitably could be described as progress - there would be no extraction game. They do not. They even said the inflow of money was slowing down and for them to even hint at something negative about finances they must be beyond desperate.
    • 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:13 AM PDT
    @Gintoki88 - I am going to need a few more jokes before I can comment on this one. Looking forward to them!
    • 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:15 AM PDT
    @dorotea - You too with the jokes?! Awesome
    • 3 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:15 AM PDT
    I have always been positive about Pantheon, but I'm just going to try to forget my last hope for a satisfying MMO. I pledge so far back I can't remember. I was content and happy with the way it looked even when Brad was around showing it off. Shoot P99 can satisfy my MMO itch with it's late 90s graphics do to it's play style.

I'm just at a loss, if they was serious about this game how they can mismanage it so poorly. First we had to rewrite the code because alot of the earlier versions was too hard coded. Then we spent a few years on project what ever it's name was the get all the main parts of the game working in one zone or area. Then we spend years talking about character model updates and this state of the art network code they created. They showing off these new areas of the game. Then they allow streamers to see showcase pre alpha. It looks like maybe Alpha is around the corner and.......

Reboot again, the entire game artwork needs to be redone. If they have money issues no wonder. How many resources have been used in building the world only to nuke it.

Now we have 247......social media is having a field day and where is VR to defend itself? At this point I wish some bigger company with the financial resource would just swallow up VR, Ill take my chances they will at least keep the play style dream alive.....
    • 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:21 AM PDT
    Ironeagle - "At this point I wish some bigger company with the financial resource would just swallow up VR"

All joking aside, I said something very similar not long ago somewhere in the forums. With the possibility of EQ3, VR should look to offload their ideas to that team and try to get us included as testers. Something is better than nothing.

I do have a Noah's Ark joke however...
    • 252 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:31 AM PDT
    Inselberg said:

Did you say launch or lunch? Maybe they are out of bread.

And to make bread they need dough
    This post was edited by Ruinar at October 26, 2023 11:32 AM PDT
    • 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:35 AM PDT
    @Ruinar - Perhaps with that dough, they can rise to the occasion
    • 48 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:42 AM PDT

Pantheon the MMO is dead, it has been dead for a long time and VR has just doing a Weekend At Bernie's with the game to milk as much false pledge money as they can. 

• 26 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:55 AM PDT

Lunch - bread - dough - and now milk.

Think I'll go find something to eat.

• 252 posts
    October 26, 2023 12:33 PM PDT
    Inselberg said:

Lunch - bread - dough - and now milk.

Think I'll go find something to eat.

Add an egg and it sounds more like breakfast.
    • 150 posts
    October 26, 2023 12:41 PM PDT

Ruinar said:
    Inselberg said: Lunch - bread - dough - and now milk. Think I'll go find something to eat.
    Add an egg and it sounds more like breakfast.

We can scrape the egg VR has all over their face right now.

• 1404 posts
    October 26, 2023 4:12 PM PDT
    Ironeagle said: style.

I'm just at a loss, if they was serious about this game how they can mismanage it so poorly. First we had to rewrite the code because alot of the earlier versions was too hard coded. Then we spent a few years on project what ever it's name was the get all the main parts of the game working in one zone or area. Then we spend years talking about character model updates and this state of the art network code they created. They showing off these new areas of the game. Then they allow streamers to see showcase pre alpha. It looks like maybe Alpha is around the corner and.......

Don’t forget HDRP and redoing all the assets to accommodate that.
    • 11 posts
    October 26, 2023 6:45 PM PDT
    I’m curious if there is enough content in the game like when EQ1 first released in 1999? I will take that much content at this point. Ugh, Brad would have cancelled the game if he had to go the route they are currently taking.
    This post was edited by Higherho at October 26, 2023 6:46 PM PDT
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2023 7:44 PM PDT
    Higherho said:
    I’m curious if there is enough content in the game like when EQ1 first released in 1999? I will take that much content at this point. Ugh, Brad would have cancelled the game if he had to go the route they are currently taking.

I just love how you folks post such disingenuous nonsense like you have a flaming clue what the creator of Pantheon would do vs the folks he was actually close to, folks he CHOSE to lead Pantheon's development, and were friends with. So much utter nonsense being posted nowadays by folks not acting in good faith.
    This post was edited by Dikenzu at October 26, 2023 7:44 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    October 26, 2023 8:05 PM PDT
    What Brad would have done is unknown and unknowable. Irrelevant as well.

What matters is what VR can do in the unfortunate situation they are in.

More likely than not - nothing. They just said in the newsletter that they do not know themselves whether the extraction game is the right path to take so manifestly they do not see it as the best hope right now. They see it as one of at least two options since if there was only one option it would be the best hope by definition.
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2023 8:16 PM PDT
    Ironeagle said:
    I have always been positive about Pantheon, but I'm just going to try to forget my last hope for a satisfying MMO. I pledge so far back I can't remember. I was content and happy with the way it looked even when Brad was around showing it off. Shoot P99 can satisfy my MMO itch with it's late 90s graphics do to it's play style.

Reboot again, the entire game artwork needs to be redone. If they have money issues no wonder. How many resources have been used in building the world only to nuke it.

Now we have 247......social media is having a field day and where is VR to defend itself? At this point I wish some bigger company with the financial resource would just swallow up VR, Ill take my chances they will at least keep the play style dream alive.....

Do you folks like making up stuff and commenting with superficial information? One of the reasons Pantheon is in this situation is because they refuse to sell out their vision by partnering with a big Publisher who would only add cash shops and a host of other things that would ignore the Tenets and game that VR wants to make. Do you and folks like you even consider taking time to look at this wholistically or you just want to parrot the nonsensical, in vogue, "hate train" going on right now?

It's hard to have any empathy with some of you(yes I believe that folks have a right to express feelings about this...if expressed in good faith) when you mix some truth with a WHOLE lot of misinformation, lies, and disingenuous jibber jabber. If there was a Publisher that matched VR's vision for Pantheon they would've partnered with them already. The Publisher's who were interested wanted cash shops, action combat and a host of things you folks would NOT want, yet you make comments like this.

It seems folks aren't even interested in actually learning about what's going on, they just want to vent and spew nonsense under the guise of "we all have opinions." There is a LOT to be disappointed about, concerned about and criticize without creating the false narratives some folks are doing now.

The ONLY thing that will shut up some the negative trend is showing real, playable, progress. None of the folks criticizing VR will be satisfied with ANYTHING VR has to say. They will and have used everything VR says for their own confirmation based narrative. We have already seen that. So, I don't get you folks saying VR needs to spend time responding to all the nonsense.

You folks actually think that it would not be a LOT easier for VR to sell out the game and get easy millions from a Publisher than going through the drama, setbacks and such that have been going on? Why spend 10 years slowly getting money when you could've gotten two, three times more that amount selling out the game years ago to a Publisher?

What's going on with VR and Pantheon is an extremely poor and inefficient example of "milking folks for money." if we are to accept the narrative you folks are pushing.

I wish folks would spend some REAL and SINCERE time thinking about this and stop reacting so very poorly. I sincerely believe you folks are more capable of rational thought than the nonsense being displayed.
    • 194 posts
    October 26, 2023 8:18 PM PDT
    Dikenzu said:
    Ironeagle said:

Do you folks like making up stuff and commenting with superficial information? One of the reasons Pantheon is in this situation is because they refuse to sell out their vision by partnering with a big Publisher who would only add cash shops and a host of other things that would ignore the Tenets and game that VR wants to make. Do you and folks like you even consider taking time to look at this wholistically or you just want to parrot the nonsensical, in vogue, "hate train" going on right now?

It's hard to have any empathy with some of you(yes I believe that folks have a right to express feelings about this...if expressed in good faith) when you mix some truth with a WHOLE lot of misinformation, lies, and disingenuous jibber jabber. If there was a Publisher that matched VR's vision for Pantheon they would've partnered with them already. The Publisher's who were interested wanted cash shops, action combat and a host of things you folks would NOT want, yet you make comments like this.

It seems folks aren't even interested in actually learning about what's going on, they just want to vent and spew nonsense under the guise of "we all have opinions." There is a LOT to be disappointed about, concerned about and criticize without creating the false narratives some folks are doing now.

The ONLY thing that will shut up some the negative trend is showing real, playable, progress. None of the folks criticizing VR will be satisfied with ANYTHING VR has to say. They will and have used everything VR says for their own confirmation based narrative. We have already seen that. So, I don't get you folks saying VR needs to spend time responding to all the nonsense.

You folks actually think that it would not be a LOT easier for VR to sell out the game and get easy millions from a Publisher than going through the drama, setbacks and such that have been going on? Why spend 10 years slowly getting money when you could've gotten two, three times more that amount selling out the game years ago to a Publisher?

What's going on with VR and Pantheon is an extremely poor and inefficient example of "milking folks for money." if we are to accept the narrative you folks are pushing.

I wish folks would spend some REAL and SINCERE time thinking about this and stop reacting so very poorly. I sincerely believe you folks are more capable of rational thought than the nonsense being displayed.

Nobody is going to take you seriously unless they put stuff out. December will tell a lot about the future.
    • 326 posts
    October 26, 2023 8:50 PM PDT
    I know next to nothing about Brad, but it seems to me people are talking about what was done in the past and his statements about the future.

Why rage about those facts and how they could be extrapolated forward following a clear trajectory?
    This post was edited by Thunderleg at October 26, 2023 8:51 PM PDT
    • 185 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:20 PM PDT
    Dikenzu said:
    Ironeagle said:
    Do you folks like making up stuff and commenting with superficial information? One of the reasons Pantheon is in this situation is because they refuse to sell out their vision by partnering with a big Publisher who would only add cash shops and a host of other things that would ignore the Tenets and game that VR wants to make. Do you and folks like you even consider taking time to look at this wholistically or you just want to parrot the nonsensical, in vogue, "hate train" going on right now? It's hard to have any empathy with some of you(yes I believe that folks have a right to express feelings about this...if expressed in good faith) when you mix some truth with a WHOLE lot of misinformation, lies, and disingenuous jibber jabber. If there was a Publisher that matched VR's vision for Pantheon they would've partnered with them already. The Publisher's who were interested wanted cash shops, action combat and a host of things you folks would NOT want, yet you make comments like this. It seems folks aren't even interested in actually learning about what's going on, they just want to vent and spew nonsense under the guise of "we all have opinions." There is a LOT to be disappointed about, concerned about and criticize without creating the false narratives some folks are doing now. The ONLY thing that will shut up some the negative trend is showing real, playable, progress. None of the folks criticizing VR will be satisfied with ANYTHING VR has to say. They will and have used everything VR says for their own confirmation based narrative. We have already seen that. So, I don't get you folks saying VR needs to spend time responding to all the nonsense. You folks actually think that it would not be a LOT easier for VR to sell out the game and get easy millions from a Publisher than going through the drama, setbacks and such that have been going on? Why spend 10 years slowly getting money when you could've gotten two, three times more that amount selling out the game years ago to a Publisher? What's going on with VR and Pantheon is an extremely poor and inefficient example of "milking folks for money." if we are to accept the narrative you folks are pushing. I wish folks would spend some REAL and SINCERE time thinking about this and stop reacting so very poorly. I sincerely believe you folks are more capable of rational thought than the nonsense being displayed.
    You say people are “making up stuff and commenting with superficial information”, then you immediately say they had publishers offering them millions of dollars to betray their vision and have cash shops and action combat etc. Something you yourself have absolutely no proof of. Honestly sick of your hypocrisy. Throwing around terms like “confirmation bias” and challenging people to be “more capable of rational thought” is so childishly insultingly. Who do you think you are? Every take you have had on the recent situation with the game has been spectacularly wrong. Get off your high horse and stop calling people stupid for disagreeing with you. You can say whatever you want and make decent points without habitually doing that.
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:32 PM PDT
    lotuss79 said:
    Dikenzu said:
    Ironeagle said:

You say people are “making up stuff and commenting with superficial information”, then you immediately say they had publishers offering them millions of dollars to betray their vision and have cash shops and action combat etc. Something you yourself have absolutely no proof of.

Honestly sick of your hypocrisy. Throwing around terms like “confirmation bias” and challenging people to be “more capable of rational thought” is so childishly insultingly.

Who do you think you are? Every take you have had on the recent situation with the game has been spectacularly wrong.

Get off your high horse and stop calling people stupid for disagreeing with you.

You can say whatever you want and make decent points without habitually doing that.

VR has already admitted to what they they had to deal with in the past with interested Publishers, so I wasn't making that up. It's ironic you don't know that but calling me a hypocrite and, yet again, responding emotionally and with superficial information. You just couldn't wait to THINK you could get me in a 'gotcha" moment and didn't do your due diligence. I'm waiting for the rest of your comrades to show up and do the same. It's typical and expected...but still sad. You folks have NO problem frothing at the mouth at VR, calling them everything except a child of god, laughing at the memes and jokes, calling them scammers, failures and all manner of things that are objectively very, very, very insulting, but get all bent out of shape with your disingenuous "clutching of the pearls" comments when your narrative is challenged
    This post was edited by Dikenzu at October 26, 2023 9:40 PM PDT