Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 194 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:38 PM PDT
    Dikenzu said:
    lotuss79 said:
    Dikenzu said:
    Ironeagle said:

Do you folks like making up stuff and commenting with superficial information? One of the reasons Pantheon is in this situation is because they refuse to sell out their vision by partnering with a big Publisher who would only add cash shops and a host of other things that would ignore the Tenets and game that VR wants to make. Do you and folks like you even consider taking time to look at this wholistically or you just want to parrot the nonsensical, in vogue, "hate train" going on right now?

It's hard to have any empathy with some of you(yes I believe that folks have a right to express feelings about this...if expressed in good faith) when you mix some truth with a WHOLE lot of misinformation, lies, and disingenuous jibber jabber. If there was a Publisher that matched VR's vision for Pantheon they would've partnered with them already. The Publisher's who were interested wanted cash shops, action combat and a host of things you folks would NOT want, yet you make comments like this.

It seems folks aren't even interested in actually learning about what's going on, they just want to vent and spew nonsense under the guise of "we all have opinions." There is a LOT to be disappointed about, concerned about and criticize without creating the false narratives some folks are doing now.

The ONLY thing that will shut up some the negative trend is showing real, playable, progress. None of the folks criticizing VR will be satisfied with ANYTHING VR has to say. They will and have used everything VR says for their own confirmation based narrative. We have already seen that. So, I don't get you folks saying VR needs to spend time responding to all the nonsense.

You folks actually think that it would not be a LOT easier for VR to sell out the game and get easy millions from a Publisher than going through the drama, setbacks and such that have been going on? Why spend 10 years slowly getting money when you could've gotten two, three times more that amount selling out the game years ago to a Publisher?

What's going on with VR and Pantheon is an extremely poor and inefficient example of "milking folks for money." if we are to accept the narrative you folks are pushing.

I wish folks would spend some REAL and SINCERE time thinking about this and stop reacting so very poorly. I sincerely believe you folks are more capable of rational thought than the nonsense being displayed.

You say people are “making up stuff and commenting with superficial information”, then you immediately say they had publishers offering them millions of dollars to betray their vision and have cash shops and action combat etc. Something you yourself have absolutely no proof of.

Honestly sick of your hypocrisy. Throwing around terms like “confirmation bias” and challenging people to be “more capable of rational thought” is so childishly insultingly.

Who do you think you are? Every take you have had on the recent situation with the game has been spectacularly wrong.

Get off your high horse and stop calling people stupid for disagreeing with you.

You can say whatever you want and make decent points without habitually doing that.

VR has already admitted to what they they had to deal with in the past with interested Publishers, so I wasn't making that up. It's ironic you don't know that but calling me a hypocrite and, yet again, responding emotionally and with superficial information. You just couldn't wait to THINK you could get me in a 'gotcha" moment and didn't do your due diligence. I'm waiting for the rest of your comrades to show up and do the same. It's typical and expected...but still sad. You folks have NO problem frothing at the mouth at VR, calling them everything except a child of god, laughing at the memes and jokes, calling them scammers, failures and all manner of things that are objectively very, very, very insulting, but get all bent out of shape when your narrative is challenged

Maybe take a break and reassess yourself.
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2023 9:45 PM PDT
    justdrop said:
    Dikenzu said:
    lotuss79 said:
    Dikenzu said:
    Ironeagle said:

Do you folks like making up stuff and commenting with superficial information? One of the reasons Pantheon is in this situation is because they refuse to sell out their vision by partnering with a big Publisher who would only add cash shops and a host of other things that would ignore the Tenets and game that VR wants to make. Do you and folks like you even consider taking time to look at this wholistically or you just want to parrot the nonsensical, in vogue, "hate train" going on right now?

It's hard to have any empathy with some of you(yes I believe that folks have a right to express feelings about this...if expressed in good faith) when you mix some truth with a WHOLE lot of misinformation, lies, and disingenuous jibber jabber. If there was a Publisher that matched VR's vision for Pantheon they would've partnered with them already. The Publisher's who were interested wanted cash shops, action combat and a host of things you folks would NOT want, yet you make comments like this.

It seems folks aren't even interested in actually learning about what's going on, they just want to vent and spew nonsense under the guise of "we all have opinions." There is a LOT to be disappointed about, concerned about and criticize without creating the false narratives some folks are doing now.

The ONLY thing that will shut up some the negative trend is showing real, playable, progress. None of the folks criticizing VR will be satisfied with ANYTHING VR has to say. They will and have used everything VR says for their own confirmation based narrative. We have already seen that. So, I don't get you folks saying VR needs to spend time responding to all the nonsense.

You folks actually think that it would not be a LOT easier for VR to sell out the game and get easy millions from a Publisher than going through the drama, setbacks and such that have been going on? Why spend 10 years slowly getting money when you could've gotten two, three times more that amount selling out the game years ago to a Publisher?

What's going on with VR and Pantheon is an extremely poor and inefficient example of "milking folks for money." if we are to accept the narrative you folks are pushing.

I wish folks would spend some REAL and SINCERE time thinking about this and stop reacting so very poorly. I sincerely believe you folks are more capable of rational thought than the nonsense being displayed.

You say people are “making up stuff and commenting with superficial information”, then you immediately say they had publishers offering them millions of dollars to betray their vision and have cash shops and action combat etc. Something you yourself have absolutely no proof of.

Honestly sick of your hypocrisy. Throwing around terms like “confirmation bias” and challenging people to be “more capable of rational thought” is so childishly insultingly.

Who do you think you are? Every take you have had on the recent situation with the game has been spectacularly wrong.

Get off your high horse and stop calling people stupid for disagreeing with you.

You can say whatever you want and make decent points without habitually doing that.

VR has already admitted to what they they had to deal with in the past with interested Publishers, so I wasn't making that up. It's ironic you don't know that but calling me a hypocrite and, yet again, responding emotionally and with superficial information. You just couldn't wait to THINK you could get me in a 'gotcha" moment and didn't do your due diligence. I'm waiting for the rest of your comrades to show up and do the same. It's typical and expected...but still sad. You folks have NO problem frothing at the mouth at VR, calling them everything except a child of god, laughing at the memes and jokes, calling them scammers, failures and all manner of things that are objectively very, very, very insulting, but get all bent out of shape when your narrative is challenged

Maybe take a break and reassess yourself.

You don't see me commenting daily here, nor do you see me responding to every post. I'm enjoying other MMOS as I have stated previously here and in Discord. So, I don't get your comment. You folks are the ones here frequently, not me. I'm not interested in the drama..at all. I just respond when the mood hits me and then go about my day.

My perspective is fine...thank you.
    • 185 posts
    October 26, 2023 10:19 PM PDT
    Dikenzu, VR "admitted" that they were offered millions of dollars by publishers?

Well as long as we're at it, ill grudgingly admit that im dating Margot Robbie and worth 100 million dollars.

Im not sure you know what a statement of fact is.

Its not a game of "gotcha", im suggesting that you not act like a fool all the time.

You're not 10% as brilliant as you think you are. And people with a different take aren't stupid.

People post sentiments that you disagree with, without attacking or referencing you in any way, then you quote them and call them stupid while making sure to sprinkle in psudo academic words for 10 paragraphs.

You know absolutly nothing of what you're talking about. Your "perspective" is a verifiable joke.
    • 194 posts
    October 26, 2023 10:37 PM PDT
    Dikenzu said:
    I'm not interested in the drama..at all.

I disagree completely.
    This post was edited by justdrop at October 26, 2023 10:37 PM PDT
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:32 PM PDT
    lotuss79 said:
    Dikenzu, VR "admitted" that they were offered millions of dollars by publishers?

Well as long as we're at it, ill grudgingly admit that im dating Margot Robbie and worth 100 million dollars.

Im not sure you know what a statement of fact is.

Its not a game of "gotcha", im suggesting that you not act like a fool all the time.

You're not 10% as brilliant as you think you are. And people with a different take aren't stupid.

People post sentiments that you disagree with, without attacking or referencing you in any way, then you quote them and call them stupid while making sure to sprinkle in psudo academic words for 10 paragraphs.

You know absolutly nothing of what you're talking about. Your "perspective" is a verifiable joke.

You twisting my words and acting like you making sense is laughable. My comment took into account a lot of things. Both criticism of VR and empathy. Yours lack any sense of balance...just negativity. I've read you and your comrades comments. Don't act like you're being fair and rational now or commenting in good faith.

Again, folks can come here or anywhere else on the internet and be ruthless to VR, you folks go along with it. You revel in it. You then have the nerve to want folks to sugarcoat and speak politely to you while you co-sign any and ALL unfair and oftentimes disgusting comments about VR.

Now you want to promote fair and rational discussions after all of your nonsense and have the nerve to call me a hypocrite. Try it on someone else dude...I'm not falling for it.
    • 295 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:36 PM PDT
    justdrop said:
    Dikenzu said:

I disagree completely.

Disagree all you want. I'm not here, almost daily, daily looking for and co-signing irrational and superficially based negativity and false narratives about VR. You and your comrades previous comments over the weeks/months/years speak for themselves.
    • 194 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:45 PM PDT
    Dikenzu said:
    justdrop said:
    Dikenzu said:

I disagree completely.

Disagree all you want. I'm not here, almost daily, daily looking for and co-signing irrational and superficially based negativity and false narratives about VR. You and your comrades previous comments over the weeks/months/years speak for themselves.

I don't know any of these people. You came in hot with the insults, then claim you're not here for the drama, then double down with more insults. Remember awhile back when you claimed I insulted you and got all upset about it because I had the gall to disagree? I'm still being level-headed and you're the one trolling and it's always been that way.
    • 80 posts
    October 26, 2023 11:58 PM PDT
    What is a white knight that rages at criticism? A yellow knight maybe? I dunno but I think I found one of the pledges that co-signed this 247 nonsense. Apparently it's irrational to question a complete art revamp, 10 years into development. Or using limited resources on an extraction game (unbeknownst to smaller pledges) right after ashes of creation crashed and burned with the same strategy.
    • 2045 posts
    October 27, 2023 12:24 AM PDT

Ok folks, stop the name calling and personal sniping back and forth or risk having the thread locked. None of this is going to get any of us what we want.

It's a tough time for everyone. Take a deep breath and try to practice a bit of extra tolerance. If you can't do that, take a break from the situation and come back in a week.

• 125 posts
    October 27, 2023 5:03 AM PDT

I hate to say it but it has to come to the point where enough is enough and they just close the doors and shut up shop. It just seems like money is being set on fire and there is no realistic plan apart from a hope this 24/7 mode is the saviour. Honestly the video yesterday looked like absolute trash. All that's going to happen is more people waste their money on a dream and more upset. 

• 8 posts
    October 27, 2023 6:16 AM PDT
    I think what is going on here is the game is a private game for a select few to play and we are footing the bill. I'm finished with this BS
    • 8 posts
    October 27, 2023 6:20 AM PDT
    One more thing. Elden ring is a very spectacular game that start after VR and has been out for 2 years.

There is no way this game should take this long to launch. We are being dupped.
    • 8 posts
    One more thing. Elden ring is a very spectacular game that start after VR and has been out for 2 years.

There is no way this game should take this long to launch. We are being dupped.
    • 8 posts
    cancel
    This post was edited by Shakaty at October 27, 2023 6:24 AM PDT
    • 295 posts
    October 27, 2023 8:37 AM PDT
    Mod Edit: LAST WARNING.

Stop the personal attacks.
    This post was edited by Jothany at October 27, 2023 8:55 AM PDT
    • 79 posts
    October 27, 2023 9:37 AM PDT

Posting here since Jothany closed the other thread.

At the 1 Hour and 20 minute mark of the stream.

>>> If funding and team stays the same, the game will release in years

I take that to mean 3-4 years.

Ok well if you are talking about ways to monetize, to speed that up, then why not ASK the community? And look at this point please stop telling me 247 is just a testing mode, I just don't think anyone buys that. You could create a simple testing mode over the span of a weekend that wouldn't require further development into the Spring. This was a look at monetization.

Ok then sit down with the community and ask them how to monetize what you got and what they would be interested in.