Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Potentially Unpopular Mob Mechanics

• 54 posts
    February 2, 2023 4:29 PM PST

A mob that could stealth and hit you from behind for a crazy amount of damage.  Worse yet, a mob that could disengage from battle if they weren't rooted or something and stealth and attack a more vulnerable member of your party from behind.  And worst of all, a multi-pull of these mobs.

I was terrified of Goblin Rockchanters in Frontier Mountains, everyone was.  They would charm a member of your group and have them attack you.  It would wear off pretty soon but then they would charm someone else.

It would be interesting to see a group of 6 players go up against a party of 6 mobs with the same classes, and using strategies that players use.  If they have a shaman they are going to slow your highest melee DPS first, they would silence the healer, their enchanter would try to mez members of your party.

• 150 posts
    February 2, 2023 5:35 PM PST

Patrolling NPCs with a greedy disposition, having the ability to drag prone players and player corpses deeper into their dungeon.

• 141 posts
    February 5, 2023 1:13 AM PST

Leevolen said:

Patrolling NPCs with a greedy disposition, having the ability to drag prone players and player corpses deeper into their dungeon.

I love to hate such an idea... a dungeon where the mobs are hungry and are out to eat your corpses... You want to recover your stuff? You better hurry !

• 123 posts
    February 7, 2023 11:20 AM PST

Jobeson said: I want a hallucination debuff that makes each player see different things that are not there. Focus on off tanking the add that doesn't actually exist. Run out of the aoe!

I love that one, to go further that could be a way to handle illusions in a more creative manner.

• 888 posts
    February 9, 2023 5:15 PM PST

A mob that, when hit by specific types of damage, shatters / turns to smoke / turns into a puddle / etc, then moves and reforms with some health restored.

A humanoid NPC that, when aggro'd, sounds a very loud horn alarm, which pulls in reinforcements from a large area.

Trickster mage spell ideas:

1. Illusionary doors / openings. If you attempt to go through,  you're knocked down and take damage.
    2. Hover spell which causes all lighter characters to hover slightly off the ground, preventing motion, preventing you from walking/running. Teammates can run into you and push you, causing you to drift for a bit.
    • 724 posts
    February 10, 2023 4:47 AM PST

^^ That would be a great idea for a different root: Instead of just rooting you, an NPC could "float" you, thereby preventing your movement :)

• 1428 posts
    February 12, 2023 6:24 AM PST

raid bosses consecutive learn and get harder the more times they are defeated OwO  they reset difficulty each season

• 1273 posts
    February 12, 2023 1:08 PM PST

stellarmind said:

raid bosses consecutive learn and get harder the more times they are defeated OwO  they reset difficulty each season

I like this idea, except the trigger for a reset shouldn't be based on something in our world (depending on what season means).  

• 77 posts
    February 12, 2023 7:33 PM PST

I think there needs to be a raid boss that is a paladin wearing the WoW banana armor, right before you kill him he puts up a bubble type shield that makes him invulnerable, then he teleports away, seconds later you get a tell from him telling you all the things he did with your mother.

• 888 posts
    February 13, 2023 1:52 PM PST

Warp space/time spell that causes all ranged projectile  attacks to be redirected towards and hit a specific character.

Two characters get pulled into each other and stuck together.

Gravalanche: enemy can attack nearby rock walls, causing a bunch of rocks to break loose and fall. Doing AoE damage to everyone nearby.

Since scents are in the game, we could really utilize that.  There could be neutral creatures that, when attacked, spray you, and until you remove it (by submerging in water), all other creatures of the same type will aggro you.  

• 1428 posts
    February 14, 2023 2:36 PM PST

Ranarius said:

stellarmind said:

I like this idea, except the trigger for a reset shouldn't be based on something in our world (depending on what season means).  

seasons meaning like in battle royale, fighting tournaments, mobas have seasons :>

• 888 posts
    February 25, 2023 11:15 AM PST

More ideas:

1. Aquatic NPCs jump out of water / reach tentacles out of water and pull characters under water, damaging them while trying to drown them.  When approaching a bridge over dark water, send the group's  Dark Myr first just in case. This would help compensate for Dark Myr's less desirable passives and make traveling near water far more scary. 
    2. Some damage should cause cosmetic changes to characters, like scars, spots, tentacle sucker marks, etc. Some of these should fade, while others should require spells or other treatments to remove. Some people will probably like how some marks look and keep them, lending itself to some fun RP story-telling and some interested second-looks from others.