Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Special Stream Question Thread

This topic has been closed.
    • 9115 posts
    July 21, 2022 5:50 AM PDT

Next week Twitch star CohhCarnage has invited CEO Chris Rowan and Creative Director Chris Perkins to join his stream to talk about what investment means for Pantheon. The duo will also review the state of the game and highlight some of the recent developments you may have seen in our development streams. There will be a limited time for audience questions, so if you have anything, you would like to ask, please post it in this forum thread.

Please be aware that we anticipate many questions from a large audience and will only have a short Q and A time, so it will mean that only a handful of questions will be asked.

• 128 posts
    July 21, 2022 5:58 AM PDT

Are you happy with the current pace of development, are you now on target, ahead of your own expectations, or behind them? 

What will you use this new funding for, will it have any effects on PA Testing? 

Do you expect to now be able to fund an extensive marketing campaign for Alpha, and do you expect to implement a 3rd party streamer effort,  in the very near future? 

This post was edited by Nagasakee at July 23, 2022 4:06 AM PDT
    • 134 posts
    July 21, 2022 6:43 AM PDT

Are gliders going to be limited to Sorhiryth?

• 500 posts
    July 21, 2022 7:25 AM PDT

Has any work been done towards the Ranger, and if so, could they be available in the upcoming Alpha?

• 46 posts
    July 21, 2022 10:16 AM PDT

I'm still waiting for Pantheon posters for my empty walls.

Was the financing with the help of a store not satisfactory or can we expect that there is still something to come? 

• 1 posts
    July 21, 2022 11:34 AM PDT

How fast do you anticipate expanding your team? Do you have timelines for which projects will be going first that you can share? Is there anything not in the newsletter that you'd like to mention?

• 101 posts
    July 21, 2022 3:57 PM PDT

Do you intend to balance individual classes around pvp or will pvp be balanced around groups like pve content?

• 4 posts
    July 21, 2022 4:38 PM PDT

The update about Offensive Spells no longer being able to critical got me thinking - are there any further differences between "Abilities" and "Spells"? If so, can you explain any of those differences? Like what makes an "ability" a "spell"?

• 55 posts
    July 21, 2022 5:02 PM PDT

Will a single large hit kill a player, or will it require being hit after being downed?

• 11 posts
    July 21, 2022 5:43 PM PDT

Hello everyone,

Q: What's in your opinion the hardest thing to achieve in MMOs development if your studio does not have enough funding support?

This post was edited by Isvrada at July 21, 2022 5:43 PM PDT
    • 101 posts
    July 21, 2022 8:12 PM PDT

What is VR's stance on trivial loot code?

• 62 posts
    July 21, 2022 10:11 PM PDT

We have some amazing animations, but nothing says "those are the limits of technology" like not having a variety of dances, sitting to play an instrument or just being able to put away your weapons while talking to someone. What is the animation team working on to let us feel like our characters are a real entity on Terminus?

• 902 posts
    July 22, 2022 1:11 AM PDT

Grats on the funding guys, apart from exta feet on the ground, what does this mean for the game in general? What will be enhanced/included in the game that couldnt be done pre funding?

This post was edited by chenzeme at July 22, 2022 1:13 AM PDT
    • 7 posts
    July 22, 2022 2:07 AM PDT

Hello will be there some translations at alpha with french language supported aswell?

• 12 posts
    July 22, 2022 7:30 AM PDT

People have discussed balance many times over. I believe PROTF will have many planned imbalances. Starting with your race and class choices and continuing throughout the game. How does VR take these imbalances from idea to implementation? Why do you feel these imbalances are integral to the vision that is PROTF?

• 101 posts
    July 22, 2022 7:52 AM PDT

If players are able to find unique class builds that are effective at soloing - will those classes get nerfed or left alone to reward creativity?

• 184 posts
    July 22, 2022 12:57 PM PDT

Are racial traits and passives finalized or can we expect additions/subtractions to the current layout?

• 102 posts
    July 22, 2022 1:03 PM PDT

Telepath said:

If players are able to find unique class builds that are effective at soloing - will those classes get nerfed or left alone to reward creativity?

I believe Chris touched on this in a past update. From what I remember, creativity won't be stifled provided it isn't game breaking or abusive of intended gameplay.

This post was edited by Brutenga at July 22, 2022 1:03 PM PDT
    • 252 posts
    July 22, 2022 1:23 PM PDT

Will we be getting long form gameplay streams this year? The last I can remember was in Devaire over a year ago and before that was December of 2019.  If I missed one in there, please remind me.

• 38 posts
    July 23, 2022 9:39 AM PDT

My main reason for considering a human as a main character is the potential of Wanderlust, the bonus-to-faction-gain racial trait. When can we expect more in-depth information on how faction standing will work?

• 184 posts
    July 23, 2022 3:23 PM PDT

Will druids be able to port their entire groups or just themselves?

• 42 posts
    July 23, 2022 5:07 PM PDT

Given that one of Pantheon's key focuses is Exploration and Discovery of its world.  What sort of measures or methods do you have in place for testers so that we can maintain a high degree of discovery on launch?  For example testing will occur in only limited areas or specific zones will be tested only internally.

This post was edited by jstsunami at July 23, 2022 5:07 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    July 24, 2022 7:11 AM PDT

Now that de-leveling is possible but downranking abilities is not, can you share how you plan on handling abilities if you de-level below the level that was required to scribe them?

• 102 posts
    July 24, 2022 1:19 PM PDT

A bit of a specific question. Will abilities listed in your spellbook show the details of what their "evolutions" (for lack of a better term) do to said ability on each tier before you reach the requirements to "evolve" them? I ask this because while i know the excitment of discovery is important, I really enjoy theory crafting builds. Another reason is sometimes when systems like these are hidden until eligible for evolution, you're put into a position where you want to reset your abilities because the "evolution" does not work with the build you are going for once it is revealed to you. This usually comes at a cost and feel slighted by paying.

• 10 posts
    July 25, 2022 1:28 AM PDT

Can you please comment on the ongoing Network Overhaul work in progress?  More specifically, please give us all a bit more information on what the "Completed core integration of ViNL" vs. "...identify and address minor bugs from this integration" as listed on the Roadmap to Alpha.  The community would sleep much better at night with some clarity on this subject :)

A major congratulations is in order for the financing announcement.  It just goes to show that your team is not just working hard on the game, but also on connecting with the right investors to support the vision.  This was very heartening news, particularly considering the investment was sourced from multiple like minded individuals rather than a corporate entity.

Keep up the great work everyone!