Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Opinion - Combat Animations

• 273 posts
    May 26, 2022 5:10 AM PDT

Realistic animations or not don't matter to me so much as that there is a fluidity to them. If I'm going to spend thousands of hours with this character, its movements need to feel smooth and natural from one to the next. There is nothing that turns me off an RPG more than character animations that feel janky and disconnected.

• 200 posts
    May 28, 2022 4:29 AM PDT

Realistic combat animations are important to me. It looks really weird when a char swings a 30 kg two-handed hammer like it would have no weight. So i expect a very slow attack speed with that hammer. And if the hit lands then it should look like a hit with a huge and heavy hammer. :) Just imagine: everything has innertia.

Cheers

• 220 posts
    May 28, 2022 1:46 PM PDT
    At our current state I would like to see the character attack with energy. When I see our character attack "normal attack" he seems to be slow, tired, and it doesn't look like it connected. It's not game breaking to me but I would like to see more meaningful and convincing connecting contact.

P.S please adjust how the enemy bend back after being hit! A normal attack looks like it broke his back lol
    • 220 posts
    June 4, 2022 6:38 AM PDT

animation is important to me especially if the hit connect. Please don't have the badie back bent by a normal hit