Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - What games are you playing these holidays

• 9115 posts
    December 16, 2021 3:50 AM PST

Tavern Talk - What games are you playing these holidays while you wait for Pantheon? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 729 posts
    December 16, 2021 5:10 AM PST

I'm playing FFXIV Endwalker (the new expansion). Or rather, trying to beat the login queue monster ;)

VR should really take note of the current problems there (difficulty to expand servers/datacenters due to hardware shortage caused by Covid). Even if Pantheon will be hosted "in cloud", it may be a good idea to plan early how many servers they intend to have, and order them in time.

• 438 posts
    December 16, 2021 5:16 AM PST
    D2R.
    • 2756 posts
    December 16, 2021 5:30 AM PST

Wildermyth

Back4Blood

The Ascent

Desperate for ideas, really. I'm feeling quite jaded toward the industry that seems to go for popular blandness or flashy-but-shallow or full-of-promise cashgrab.

• 252 posts
    December 16, 2021 6:36 AM PST

I'm watching a lot of Youtube or listening to audio books. I've got a D&D one shot coming up which is exciting.

• 3852 posts
    December 16, 2021 7:41 AM PST

EQ2 mostly - some LOTRO.

• 326 posts
    December 16, 2021 8:24 AM PST

New World, the MMOL(ite). They should have left it as a PVP game.  After all the bugs are shaken out of the engine, they could make a new LotR MMORPG or somesuch...Anyway, I find the lack of finesse and reliance on elite zone zerging to be unfortunate in NW.

No shade here whatsoever (the dedication and perseverance of the team deserve praise), but it seems that Pantheon will not be out until perhaps 2024, and then I will be able to enjoy the depth and aforementioned finesse I prefer. Zergs be damned.

I have a zillion good games on Steam to play, and yet most often I stick with MMOs. Despite that, I am looking forward to Star Field the most in 2022.

This post was edited by Thunderleg at December 16, 2021 8:43 AM PST
    • 41 posts
    December 16, 2021 8:34 AM PST

Valheim but man that game is frustrating fighting in the mountains...

tried New World but I spent two weeks trying to find a party for Dynasty to advance my story quest and couldn't get a group for it, then they kept shutting down the economy and then they nerfed my class so I said screw them LOL

Trying to find a new game now but there isn't much out there, HURRY UP ALPHA haha

• 394 posts
    December 16, 2021 8:41 AM PST

PC: Swtor, Dawn of War

Switch: Ring Fit, Brain Academy, Sakuna

Xbox: AC Origin

• 2138 posts
    December 16, 2021 10:18 AM PST

EQ, a new expansion came out so alot are rushing through it. Maybe witcher 3 wild hunt. Maybe Kerbal space.

• 146 posts
    December 16, 2021 7:45 PM PST

I am currently playing and streaming on p99 eq for the first time in 20 years. I also am playing genshin impact. About to start octopath traveler. I also play a lot of ck3 love that game! Some minecraft and other random games i try out at least.

• 178 posts
    December 16, 2021 8:41 PM PST

Boardgames mostly. Some newer ones - like Dune: Imperium. Some recent ones - like Wingspan, Quacks of Quedlinburg, Colt Express. Some old ones - like Discworld, El Grande, Eclipse, Sherwood Forest, Carson City, Tzolk'in. And probably some new introductions.

• 295 posts
    December 17, 2021 7:17 PM PST

I still play GuildWars 2. Really really good game to jump in a play in the world for a couple of hours.

I also dabble in Raid: Shadow Legends. I like options of of different heroes, cool graphics and such, but strongly dislike the pay to win aspects of it. I would delete the game if a similar game existed that you pay once. I don't know how that would work, but it is something I would like to see made for PCs. 

• 395 posts
    December 17, 2021 8:08 PM PST

I'm playing Destiny 2 once in a while. I've been burnt out of WoW and ESO. Which is fine cause I've had time to catch up on PRotF streams and updates. 

• 80 posts
    December 17, 2021 8:51 PM PST

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. I tried Swords of Legends Online but once I got to max level there was nothing to do. Also tried out New World...it wasn't too shabby but the character heads looked funny (at least for me they were). Now its just NWN and watchinng them livestream different games on Twitch while waiting for Pantheon.

• 810 posts
    December 17, 2021 9:00 PM PST

I just talked myself into buying mortal online 2 early access. 

One character per account so you can't just hide on alts being a horrible troll or running ganker alts like in Eve.  The crafting, skills, and combat all look fun enough for a pvp focused game.  Skills instead of leveling as well help make things more fair overall, No leveling to godmode over other players or content. 

I am fine with full loot drop PVP games like Eve where you can lose your entire expensive ship doing the wrong thing or going to the wrong place but stayed away due to their lack of a faction / reputation system that actually mattered.  Now griefers in town can turn KOS to guards if they grief too much and it is a pain to fix.  Hopefully this takes care of the griefers trying to camp banks and the like.

• 258 posts
    December 18, 2021 2:50 AM PST

I'm currently just playing World of Warcraft. I'd like to get into FFXIV but not so fond about restarting a game where I don't know anyone lol, I do, however, have a level 63 Samurai I'd love to revisit some time.. I also would love to get into ESO, but not sujre my computer can handle it. Usually I'm a one video game man but I'm a gamer at heart, so hopefully I'll get into other ones sometime. I also love Shooting games like Battlefield 4 for example and others alike.

• 839 posts
    December 18, 2021 3:18 AM PST
    Mount & Blade 2 - Bannerlord (multiplayer captain mode only though)
    It's 6v6 Deeply cooperative game mode, as an Aussie on US/ EU servers ping is not a massive barrier as a big part of it captains mode coordinating your ai units. Kinda Total War meets Mordhau

Besides that probably will fire up The Witcher 3 again, started season 2 today!
    • 223 posts
    December 18, 2021 4:14 AM PST

I'm currently playing Disco Elysium. After that.. maybe I'll go back into P99. Nothing else on my radar.

• 1921 posts
    December 19, 2021 6:27 AM PST

Istaria

Free for the first 15 levels, mature game, no unsolicited PvP.  Amazing amount of content.  Deep and wide crafting mechanics.

• 13 posts
    December 19, 2021 11:05 AM PST
    hell let loose
    Mordhau
    Mortal online 2

• 31 posts
    December 19, 2021 10:07 PM PST

Vermintide 2
    Total War: Warhammer 2
    Sea of Thieves occasionally
    Breath of the Wild

• 27 posts
    December 20, 2021 8:34 AM PST

Everquest 2

New World

• 122 posts
    December 20, 2021 1:02 PM PST

Some games I have or will be playing over the holidays are:

FAR: Lone Sails - A short atmospheric resource management game.

Final Fantasy XI - Currently on sale on Steam.  Never got to experience this mmo in it's prime but am excited to try it out since it's more akin to older style mmo's.

Alisa - A survival horror game released not too long ago but with visuals and controls hailing back to the original Resident Evil.

Solasta - An in depth and highly recommended cRPG.

Death's Door - A quirky rpg that has been compared to Zelda.

• 4 posts
    December 20, 2021 11:54 PM PST

Glad to see that people are still enjoying EQ2, played that from 2004-2016. if they launched a new TLE server I would check it out.

For the holidays I will be playing D3, the new season 25 soul shard theme has been pretty good so far.