Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You Can Only Choose One!

• 9115 posts
    November 29, 2021 3:38 AM PST

You Can Only Choose One - Sword, Spear, Bow or Staff and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 223 posts
    November 29, 2021 4:15 AM PST

That's difficult! I'm gravitating towards Sword. But who knows. Something my class wouldn't normally use.

• 438 posts
    November 29, 2021 5:08 AM PST
    Gonna say bow. Pew pew and kiting usually will keep you alive longer.
    • 135 posts
    November 29, 2021 5:35 AM PST

Spear. It's useful against mounted combatants, useful against melee combatants and I can also throw it a fair distance depending on the type of spear.

Wait did you mean in game? Oh, then a bow. I am the stealth archer meme.

• 729 posts
    November 29, 2021 5:48 AM PST

I like my gunblade...oh wait, wrong game!

As a potential caster, I'm leaning toward using a staff. Both for fighting, and for its extra compartment for sweets :)

• 2419 posts
    November 29, 2021 7:19 AM PST

Kilsin said:

You Can Only Choose One - Sword, Spear, Bow or Staff and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Staff for my Shaman, one that has runes, alchemical baubles, a few bones, some feathers and whatnot adorning it.

• 1281 posts
    November 29, 2021 7:43 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Sword.

• 41 posts
    November 29, 2021 7:53 AM PST

Staff because I always play healer LOL

• 150 posts
    November 29, 2021 8:07 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I would cast identify on each weapon first and then choose based on that information. If all of the weapons are revealed to be ordinary, I would choose the spear for versatility. Bow would have been the first choice, but there's no mention of arrows being included. 

• 4 posts
    November 29, 2021 10:50 AM PST

This post was edited by Tetron at November 29, 2021 10:55 AM PST

• 3852 posts
    November 29, 2021 11:52 AM PST

Not a staff - too much risk of a staff infection. Not a sword - too sordid. I guess a spear then so after a tough fight I would be bloodied, but un-bowed.

• 258 posts
    November 29, 2021 12:26 PM PST

Staff - *Rolls his sleeves up... grabs his staff and starts performing a ritual before commencing to cast a powerful magic spell that's of humongous sorcerous power as he simultaneously casts it upon his foe doing unimaginable devastating damage, leaving his foe made to dust*

This post was edited by Arzoth at November 29, 2021 12:26 PM PST
    • 2137 posts
    November 29, 2021 12:43 PM PST

BigBadAzz1 said:

Staff - *Rolls his sleeves up... grabs his staff and starts performing a ritual before commencing to cast a powerful magic spell that's of humongous sorcerous power as he simultaneously casts it upon his foe doing unimaginable devastating damage, leaving his foe made to dust*

Ok, you're hired. Be at the 'Staff' meeting tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM.

dorotea said: Not a staff - too much risk of a staff infection. Not a sword - too sordid. I guess a spear then so after a tough fight I would be bloodied, but un-bowed.

Very punny Dorotea, 3 Gold stars for you!

Since I already own a Staff, a Spear and a Sword, I'd choose the Bow. But as mentioned above, I'd first have check if arrows came with it. Otherwise, there'd be no.... point!

• 256 posts
    November 29, 2021 4:05 PM PST

Staff because healers are my first choice and spellcasters are my second choice. 

• 2138 posts
    November 29, 2021 4:35 PM PST

Staff. Because its too heavy at first and I see it can possibly do alot of damage if I could only swing it, but it does have magical things on it that boost somethings and helps resist others. I need it really for the damage, if I could just swing it!

later.:no way am I swinging this staff, its too important for my spells and besides my spells do more damage, ill only swing it at trash if I dont want to waste a spell *crushes bug*

later still: *Krakatoa slow fireball critical hit from the side, shaman murmurs in dream trance close to warrior sending out healing  wave as I run in next to rogue and cast small DD spell that adds mana as runes begin to glow on the staff, whipping it around my waist with both hands like a hula hoop to gain momentum I let it slide through my extended hand as the end of the staff with the full force of the kinetic energy behind its length strikes the lich in the cheekbone and stuns it momentarily, shocked I stop with eyebrows up* "didja see that?! I stunned it!" to which the bruised rogue replies "shaddap and keep casting, it ain't dead yet" 

• 729 posts
    December 5, 2021 8:05 AM PST

Bow

It shootie the arrows.

And when I'm shooting arrows in the game my internal monologue makes a 'ping' sound.

And I like that sound.

Ping!

• 258 posts
    December 5, 2021 8:29 AM PST

StoneFish said:

Bow

It shootie the arrows.

And when I'm shooting arrows in the game my internal monologue makes a 'ping' sound.

And I like that sound.

Ping!

Bro, you can't really quite well describe the sound with one word. What you do is say "It sounds a bit like a "Who wants to be a Millionaire" show" sound effect and MAYBE a bit of "Bong" sound >:)

• 624 posts
    December 5, 2021 9:55 AM PST

Lute! Or better still a fancy fashion outfit (paisley silk doublet, dapper cap, soft leather trousers).

• 395 posts
    December 6, 2021 1:33 AM PST

Staff. Makes for a great walking stick.

• 394 posts
    December 6, 2021 8:15 AM PST

Charmander, no wait wrong game.

Sword cause I'm boring and enjoy vanilla but would also take bow.

• 33 posts
    December 6, 2021 11:13 AM PST

Sword or Spear, can't backstab with a staff...

• 888 posts
    December 7, 2021 3:40 PM PST
    As a fencer, my RL choice would obviously be sword. But in game, I would probably go with bow, since I love playing squishy characters.
    • 454 posts
    December 12, 2021 1:23 PM PST

My main toon will probably be a Shaman.  If so I really like the idea of a one handed spear and a shield.  In the end...what ever gives me the best stats will win the day.
       After the 12/9/21 stream I definitely want a character that can wield a halberd.  Wow!  Those look so cool!  A long reach, slashing weapon, awesome!

• 1020 posts
    December 13, 2021 11:50 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Because some stupid game dev said I can't dual weild two bows!!!

• 810 posts
    December 13, 2021 12:28 PM PST

Spear for sure.  It is the most versitile of a weapon.  One hand it defensively with a shield, two hand it offensively, attack from greater range than people with swords keeping them at bay.  Use the back end as a staff if you need bludgeoning.  Throw it if you have multiple weapons or just to kill the target running away.  Spears are awesome.   

How VR implements weapons will change the answer.