Forums » News and Announcements

Refer a Friend. Earn Rewards.

This topic has been closed.
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    October 22, 2021 12:07 PM PDT

Adventuring is always better with company. Refer a new pledge, or upgrade an existing Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen one, to earn some amazing rewards. Visit pantheonmmo.com/raf for more info.

This post was edited by Roenick at October 22, 2021 12:08 PM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    October 22, 2021 12:39 PM PDT

At first I was a bit puzzled, but when I saw the list that nothing really affect the game itself, I think it's a great Idea overall.

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    October 22, 2021 1:52 PM PDT

Mauvais_Oeil said:

At first I was a bit puzzled, but when I saw the list that nothing really affect the game itself, I think it's a great Idea overall.

Yes, the idea is to keep with our core tenets against game impacting items but also allow for recognition for our fans to bring their friends over to Pantheon and have their own pledge and an opportunity to be part of our pre-release testing.

• 2 posts
    October 22, 2021 4:32 PM PDT

I don't have friends to do that campaign, so if you are interested you can use my email in my signature, and I will use your in return when I upgrade my pack )

This post was edited by Inusaa at October 22, 2021 4:34 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    November 17, 2021 5:41 PM PST

I was just wondering if there was an option for an alternative to the 1 months game time reward. I am mainly interested in reguards to Ascendant Pledge persons who would get a lifetime subscription and thus would not get a benefit from extra subcription time.

• 72 posts
    August 1, 2023 3:53 PM PDT

Unfortunatly, all my friends are already patrons.

• 47 posts
    September 2, 2023 5:40 AM PDT

I think at this point it would be dishonest to refer anyone to pledge to this game. 

• 3852 posts
    September 3, 2023 7:58 AM PDT

Dishonest is a very harsh word. Entirely inaccurate as well.

If you told a friend that the game will be out in a year - that would be dishonest unless you actually believed it. Which you do not. 

If you told the friend that progress has been slow and the game might well never make it at all - but this was a chance to get involved in something interesting and with *some* potential? That would be reasonably accurate.

If you believe that the game is dead and the memory is simply being milked for personal advantage by a small team of part time con-men, and con-women? Then you could still honestly refer people to pledge with the objective of getting entertainment from watching all the suckers get fleeced. You would be wrong in your description, but you would be honest if you said what you actually believed. Being honest is a very different thing indeed from being correct.

• 47 posts
    September 5, 2023 12:55 AM PDT

dorotea said:

Dishonest is a very harsh word. Entirely inaccurate as well.

If you told a friend that the game will be out in a year - that would be dishonest unless you actually believed it. Which you do not. 

If you told the friend that progress has been slow and the game might well never make it at all - but this was a chance to get involved in something interesting and with *some* potential? That would be reasonably accurate.

If you believe that the game is dead and the memory is simply being milked for personal advantage by a small team of part time con-men, and con-women? Then you could still honestly refer people to pledge with the objective of getting entertainment from watching all the suckers get fleeced. You would be wrong in your description, but you would be honest if you said what you actually believed. Being honest is a very different thing indeed from being correct.

Reasonably accurate would be to tell them the game has been in development far too long to only be in pre-alpha with no clear timeline for completion and inadequate communication about the timeline from the development team, there is a decent chance this game will never be fully released and that their money would be better spent elsewhere. That would be reasonably accurate. 

Really, the cloud sourcing funds model for game development has burned the gaming community too often while the early release model is a much better deal for players, as even if the game never reaches full development at least they get something to play. 

• 3852 posts
    September 5, 2023 6:48 AM PDT

I agree with most of what you say.

Inadaquate communication about timeline? Certainly they haven't told us when alpha is expected but that may be because they don't know themselves - yet. If they do throw out a target date it wouldn't be the first time - or the second. Every time they have been wrong. By quite a few years. This is more a function of small staff and inadaquate funding than any attempt to mislead us. At least that is my take based more on hope than actual facts.

Money better spent elsewhere? Perhaps but pledging is not like buying a game it is contributing to the attempted and non-guaranteed development of a game. Pay a thousand dollars or euros toward a game that already has hundreds of millions invested and you do not change a thing. Not even a drop in a bucket. The same amount with Pantheon and it will not be critical in and of itself but it will be a far higher percentage and will make *some* difference.

Early release model. I agree it is better for players. Whether it is better for the game - no idea. Nothing that I know of prevents Pantheon from being released early once they get, Gods willing, to alpha. VR must surely have considered this option and will again as the time gets closer.

This post was edited by dorotea at September 5, 2023 6:49 AM PDT
    • 8 posts
    December 16, 2023 10:08 AM PST

Why would I put a friend through this? A decade of broken promises.....

This post was edited by Utadyan at December 16, 2023 10:08 AM PST
    • 32 posts
    December 16, 2023 10:10 AM PST

Imagine having the balls to have a referral program for the idea of a game that doesn't exist.

• 24 posts
    December 17, 2023 1:35 PM PST

Well.... I think they should boost the rewards for the time being... I mean getting a referral right now would be epic level salesmanship and worthy of several free months. I am up for the challenge, but not for such pittance, my time is more valuable... up the stakes and I will show you what I can do. 

• 33 posts
    December 17, 2023 2:37 PM PST

I am not going to do it and do not recommend it to others. Look back and ask yourself if your friends would have benefitted ... this game has a passionate dev team, amateur product management, and in my personal opinion dubious leadership with questionable ethics. I will not recommend it to others at this point. Actually will warn them not to pledge.

• 24 posts
    December 17, 2023 7:25 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

I am not going to do it and do not recommend it to others. Look back and ask yourself if your friends would have benefitted ... this game has a passionate dev team, amateur product management, and in my personal opinion dubious leadership with questionable ethics. I will not recommend it to others at this point. Actually will warn them not to pledge.

Agree

• 226 posts
    December 17, 2023 7:46 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

dubious leadership with questionable ethics. 

This. 100% agree.

• VR Staff
    • 510 posts
    January 31, 2024 10:52 AM PST

This program is temporarily on hold. All RAF pledges and upgrades up to this point will be honored.