Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Refer a Friend (Please dont do this to me)

This topic has been closed.
    • 233 posts
    October 15, 2021 12:38 AM PDT

So you have refer a friend now, thats fine i guess, but please i beg you remove the ingame rewards.

3 nameplates and 2 titles

I have no friends, never have, never will, least of all friends who play MMOS.

Please dont make these 5 items exclusive to me forever.

You need money let me help, i will pay for these 5 items, let me give you money, just dont require every player to have 10 friends.

Please think of some alternatives for players who have no one to refer.

• 3852 posts
    October 15, 2021 4:09 AM PDT

I am not sure what the problem is here. That you cannot get every title in the game and every nameplate if they "gate" some behind referrals?

• 115 posts
    October 15, 2021 4:47 AM PDT

I could care less about the items. The when its ready game starting  a RaF before Alpha realy before beta is just in poor taste.

• 1860 posts
    October 15, 2021 6:16 AM PDT

I wouldn't do that to people at this stage.  That wouldn't make me a good friend.  Like VR has said about their own advertising...it's not time for that yet.  It's just setting your friends up for disappointment.  The game is still waaaay to far away for this.

• 1281 posts
    October 15, 2021 7:17 AM PDT

Grimseethe said:

So you have refer a friend now, thats fine i guess, but please i beg you remove the ingame rewards.

You need money let me help, i will pay for these 5 items, let me give you money, just dont require every player to have 10 friends.

There is absolutely NOTHING requiring you to refer a friend.  You are perfectly free to not refer anyone.

That said, I believe that there should be certain people barred from this program, such as professional streamers and game media (Pantheon Plus, I am looking at you)....  Given that these groups have a "large" audience, they are disproportionally positioned to gain large amounts of "swag" for saying things like, "For the next ten people that go and sign up for the game, we will get a {bonus here} and we can give it away to the viewers."  There SHOULD be, however, a separate program for professional streamers and game meda that encourages them to "advertise" Pantheon to their viewers and encourage them to sign up.

• 2138 posts
    October 15, 2021 7:38 AM PDT

If I were to refer a friend now, they would be of the same mindset as I and would at least join in forums, today.

Most of the people that I know as friends/aquaintances that like MMORPG's,  like and have heard of Pantheon, but are waiting.

Visionary Realms, would you consider pointing the rewards the other way? If I refered someone and they joined (forums?) now- would you give them   the titles and nameplates when game goes live? and if they refered someone, their someone would get the titles and nameplates when game goes live?

Im thinking from a cheesey marketing standpoint, the first branches of referals would be potential long term players, but the farther away the referal is from the source would be more one-time looky-loo's. Like, the 3rd degree of separation and downward referrals might only be in it for the nameplates and that would be their sole selling point for other referrals. Granted, some of those may get pulled by the game itself, and the progress already oout there, so there's that. What that could mean is, a surge of initial one-time income in subs for one month term, wether it be now in forums or later in game subs, before being cancelled or postponed by looky-loos. Possible problem is if the looky-loo'c come back a year later wanting to legitimately sub and play and want their titles and nameplates. From a digital perspective I dont think this would be an issue? as once assigned to an account, forever with the account, right? (I re-opened my account after 10 years and all my old stuff was on it, for instance)

• 273 posts
    October 15, 2021 12:11 PM PDT

If money isn't an issue, then make up 10 email addresses and refer yourself 10 times.

• 233 posts
    October 15, 2021 12:31 PM PDT

dorotea said:

I am not sure what the problem is here. That you cannot get every title in the game and every nameplate if they "gate" some behind referrals?

Yes this exactly.

• 233 posts
    October 15, 2021 12:31 PM PDT

eunichron said:

If money isn't an issue, then make up 10 email addresses and refer yourself 10 times.

£500 isnt an issue, but i cant justify it for 5 cosmetic items.

• 233 posts
    October 15, 2021 12:32 PM PDT

Kalok said:

Grimseethe said:

There is absolutely NOTHING requiring you to refer a friend.  You are perfectly free to not refer anyone.

That said, I believe that there should be certain people barred from this program, such as professional streamers and game media (Pantheon Plus, I am looking at you)....  Given that these groups have a "large" audience, they are disproportionally positioned to gain large amounts of "swag" for saying things like, "For the next ten people that go and sign up for the game, we will get a {bonus here} and we can give it away to the viewers."  There SHOULD be, however, a separate program for professional streamers and game meda that encourages them to "advertise" Pantheon to their viewers and encourage them to sign up.

If i dont refer a friend i dont get the items, thats the issue, im a collector and missing out on any content makes my blood boil.

• 392 posts
    October 15, 2021 3:24 PM PDT

"Borrow" some identies and refer them then?

• 1992 posts
    October 15, 2021 3:44 PM PDT

In your OP, you acknowledge the monetary value of the new titles & nameplates to VR by offering to purchase them, but when Eunichron points out how you could already buy them today, you "can't justify the money". You have either spent $10,000 to get every ingame pledge reward - which makes another $500 trivial - or you have already accepted that there are some titles & nameplates you just won't get.

But you can justify asking VR to change the structure of their RaF program for raising funds - without suggesting a single benefit to VR for doing so - just the benefit to you of not allowing ANYONE else who ever plays Pantheon to get something that YOU can't.

I find it personally offensive.

• 2419 posts
    October 15, 2021 4:21 PM PDT

Grimseethe said:

If i dont refer a friend i dont get the items, thats the issue, im a collector and missing out on any content makes my blood boil.

You've forgotten all the items you won't be able to get in game due to race, class, religion, faction, level, etc, etc, etc.  Your blood will be boiling quite often it seems.

• 438 posts
    October 15, 2021 8:20 PM PDT
    /hug Grimseethe I’ll be your friend pal
    • 1281 posts
    October 15, 2021 8:21 PM PDT

Grimseethe said:

dorotea said:

Yes this exactly.

Oh boo hoo....  You missed out on something.  Big deal.

• 1281 posts
    October 15, 2021 8:22 PM PDT

Grimseethe said:

Kalok said:

Grimseethe said:

Life is full of people getting things that you don't get.  You must be a really unhappy individual.

• 1281 posts
    October 15, 2021 8:23 PM PDT

Grimseethe said:

Kalok said:

Grimseethe said:

Wait until you find out that people who paid for Champion level are in VR Discord... Your head will explode.

• 560 posts
    October 16, 2021 12:16 AM PDT

While I personally do not get your need to collect everything, I do recognize that not everyone is like me.

Not sure if you will like this idea or not but you could offer to pay others pledges or upgrades in exchange for them referring you. It might not be 100% as VR expected but the outcome is the same and so I do not see why anyone would have an issue with it. Not only do you get to collect all the goodies but you also get to help out other fellow fans of Pantheon.

p.s. I am not fishing for free upgrade I am happy at my pledge level.

• 233 posts
    October 16, 2021 3:33 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

Grimseethe said:

You've forgotten all the items you won't be able to get in game due to race, class, religion, faction, level, etc, etc, etc.  Your blood will be boiling quite often it seems.

I can earn all of that.

• 233 posts
    October 16, 2021 3:34 AM PDT

Kalok said:

Grimseethe said:

dorotea said:

Yes this exactly.

If youve nothing to add i dont need your boy atitude.

• 2138 posts
    October 16, 2021 8:12 AM PDT

At second glance, I think Grimseethe's remark is along the same lines as addressed here: https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4654/shiny-collections which even got some praise from the sometimes acerbic Liav, and here: https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2663/collections-amp-titles

I mention it because I think this also ties into bank/storage space, housing, crafting, back-breaking backpack immersion conundrums, nostalgia, later nerfed items, including my favorite: the small old thing that suddenly is made useful through some discovered combo with something else. Because this pertains to an aspect of sandbox player interaction with the game. I think most players have a desire to collect things or hold onto things just for nostalgia.

Often even in the real world, its not the one comic or hubble figurine that is attractive but rather the collection of items that is appealing across a broader audience and I suspect that also carries over into game play. Some want all the marbles- if there are marbles to be had. It may be indicative of a deep-seeded need and if so an MMO may be an alternative venue with which to recognize and manage such a thing by creating controllable boundaries, you can always log out :)

• 122 posts
    October 16, 2021 11:24 AM PDT

Hey Grimseethe, I upgraded my pledge the other day after watching the stream.  I have no one to refer to since I found out about Pantheon on my own.  If you want to give your email I'll refer to your account.  Maybe others that upgrade could pitch in to get you to 10?

• 1281 posts
    October 16, 2021 3:32 PM PDT

Grimseethe said:

Kalok said:

Grimseethe said:

dorotea said:

Yes this exactly.

If youve nothing to add i dont need your boy atitude.

You claim your head will explode due to FOMO and I'm the one with a "boy attitude"?  ROFL  Ok.

• 1273 posts
    October 16, 2021 9:11 PM PDT

Morraak said:

Hey Grimseethe, I upgraded my pledge the other day after watching the stream.  I have no one to refer to since I found out about Pantheon on my own.  If you want to give your email I'll refer to your account.  Maybe others that upgrade could pitch in to get you to 10?

So nice of you :)  

• 1273 posts
    October 16, 2021 9:52 PM PDT

Also, little side not.  They don't have to technically be friends to refer them.  It's just called a refer a friend program.  You could go recruit non-friends and get the same rewards.