Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Refer a Friend (Please dont do this to me)

This topic has been closed.
    • 19 posts
    October 17, 2021 3:35 AM PDT

TBH, I would feel horrible referring anyone to Pantheon. Especially my friends. 

This post was edited by nfab at October 17, 2021 3:57 AM PDT
    • 2 posts
    October 17, 2021 4:09 AM PDT

So if I understood if a random player buy his first pledge he will receive an email asking if someone made him this advertisement, and he just have to enter our email ?

If someone plans to upgrade his pack and have no friends, here is mine ! [removed as per the guidelines for posting real information]

I will also upgrade mine so I will take the first email given to me :D

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 19, 2021 5:37 PM PDT
    • 233 posts
    October 17, 2021 5:32 AM PDT

Morraak said:

Hey Grimseethe, I upgraded my pledge the other day after watching the stream.  I have no one to refer to since I found out about Pantheon on my own.  If you want to give your email I'll refer to your account.  Maybe others that upgrade could pitch in to get you to 10?

Thank you, but im not going to bother, if i do even one ill want the rest even more, i need to learn to relax, just wish devs would keep collectors in mind.

• 3852 posts
    October 17, 2021 7:46 AM PDT

"just wish devs would keep collectors in mind."

What are the most popular things collectors actually collect in MMOs? Cosmetic pets. Mounts. Housing decorations. Titles and achievements. 

What are the things developers of microtransaction games love to put in stores because it doesn't unbalance gameplay and raises a lot of cash? Cosmetic pets. Mounts. Housing decorations. Titles and achievements.

What is the number one wish that a large percentage of the people on these forums share? That Pantheon not have microtransactions.

This post was edited by dorotea at October 17, 2021 7:47 AM PDT
    • 1273 posts
    October 17, 2021 8:59 AM PDT

I believe they do keep collectors in mind.  They're trying to keep all kinds of people in mind.  It's impossible to be perfect to all groups, especially when some groups are polar opposites.  

We all just near to learn to relax a bit :)  Totally agree.

• 3852 posts
    October 19, 2021 8:02 AM PDT

Maybe they can have a "refer an enemy" program and give different rewards than for referring friends?

No - that would just be *too* unkind to the OP.

• 1921 posts
    October 19, 2021 8:29 AM PDT

Inusaa said:

So if I understood if a random player buy his first pledge he will receive an email asking if someone made him this advertisement, and he just have to enter our email ?

If someone plans to upgrade his pack and have no friends, here is mine ! [redacted]

I will also upgrade mine so I will take the first email given to me :D

IMO:

It seems unlikely, to me, that they would allow email address re-use without subscription verification.  Otherwise, someone would just set up 10 random gmail accounts and everyone would use those same exact 10 and get all the rewards without referring actual unique subscribers.  I mean, hey, if they DO allow referral email address re-use?  Then this isn't even a speed bump for all the collectors out there. :D
    On the other hand, it does bring up the uncomfortable implementation detail of .. random email addresses?  I mean.. there's hundreds of email domains that exist for the sole purpose of 'gaming' systems like this (mailinator being the most widely used) and anyone at any time can stand up a new email domain in any TLD.

To me, it also raises.. validation/implementation concerns.  Unless that person actually subscribes, you don't get the reward, right?  So you have to use/submit the email address they're going to use to subscribe.
    Which means.. email is going to be used (MUST be used) in new account creation, validation, and recovery.  Trusting email in this fashion is.. unfortunate, from a security perspective, given history.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 19, 2021 10:39 PM PDT
    • 1273 posts
    October 19, 2021 8:31 AM PDT

The person that subscribes enters the e-mail address of the person who referred them.  Not the other way around :)  

• VR Staff
    • 320 posts
    October 19, 2021 9:31 AM PDT

Each new pledge/upgrade receives an email survey usually within a week of pledging. There are questions in there to add in the person who referred you to the game. 

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2021 5:13 PM PDT

I literally made a CM post on this topic to gather feedback: https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/13293/developer-feedback-refer-a-friend-programs

Closing
    this thread, please join the other one that I am actively monitoring for feedback on the RAF program.

P.S. You will never be able to earn everything in-game unless you are a gaming god and raid at the highest levels, craft at the highest levels, explore everything, do every quest, join every competition and promotion etc. so it would be wise to acknowledge that now so you don't set yourself up for disappointment later as we're not going to make the game watered down and easy for everyone so you can collect everything and "win", it will take many hundreds of hours and a variety of gaming to accomplish this and even then, you may never collect everything.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 19, 2021 5:16 PM PDT