Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Are you someone who likes Quests?

• 9 posts
    October 16, 2021 2:01 PM PDT

In MMO's I enjoy long drawn out quests that reward the player with gear that matches the time and effort. Also, "epic" type questlines could be used as a block to prevent players from speed gaming to reach endgame content. For instance, an "epic" questline could be instituted every 10 levels where xp is cut off until questline is finished. Can start with solo quests, then group, multiple group and finish at raid content. After completion player can be rewarded w/ gear, spells. xp and be able to progress in leveling process. This could limit looking for xploits for xp as well, at least temporarily until questline is finished.

This post was edited by m1a1 at October 16, 2021 2:04 PM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    October 16, 2021 3:30 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Are you someone who likes Quests? If so, what is your favourite type of quest to do? If you're not a quest person, why is that? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

I like good quests.  They should be entertaining and advance whatever they're for.  Not so much the, "Go get my bag I left." and that's it quests.

• 888 posts
    October 19, 2021 3:11 PM PDT
    I have zero interest in any quest unless it's all of these:

1) not required to unlock anything.
    2) 100% a group effort (we all get to see the narrative).
    3) narrative is presented in cut-scenes.
    4) not boring, formulaic, and there is absolutely no arbitrary "kill X quantity" quests.