Forums » Crafting and Gathering

End game crafting content

• 23 posts
    May 23, 2016 6:32 PM PDT

What if the crafted gear is a little sub par with the raid gear. but a raider could buy or make a crafter item bring a legendary quest mat and then go fight a boss. when he beats that boss he can drench it in the blood of the creature or use a magic anvil in the boss room or something to that extent to make the item equal to or better than raid gear.  that enchantment makes that final item bound to the character and everyone wins.. long Quests, no buyers kinda like how WoW did legendarys but with a twist of needing high level crafter items made from long quest lines or grinds.  That way you can also apply fail chances to all crafter items but not cause a failure on the most highest of tier items. 

Point directed at those above, gold sellers are going to happen regardless and with what VR says about actively monitoring the economy via proper trend analysis, I'm not very concerned about that becoming a problem.  If they dont keep it under control then my lack of subscription and that of others should show them that they aren't trying hard enough.  Its always good to keep the negative known knowns of certain things in mind so you know what to look for before problems arise but good ideas should not be shot down from fear.  If it takes most people 6 months to hit max level and with dynamic world mobs Im sure gold sellers and account sellers are going to have a hell of a time making a living without proper data that will take years to accumulate.

• 118 posts
    June 2, 2016 7:04 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

CelevinMoongleam said:

I love the idea of going to the heart of Mordor to craft something in the fires of Mount Doom.  Crafters and adventurers would have to work together to accomplish the task.

Edit: typo

From playing LoTRO for some time that is an awsome idea.  Fight to the inch of death to get to a forge or site and have a team hold the ground.  I can totally see it.

Ox

I feel like most of those who have posted on this thread missed my point Oxillion, but not you. While I think that raid gear should be no-drop, that was not really my question when I posted this a year ago. What I envisioned was a climactic episode in some class's epic quest where a crafting check would need to be made that would be far from certain, even for the most skilled of crafters. Perhaps the check would require that the crafter be protected for a minute or two while he works. A failed check would not necessarily require all the materials be destroyed. Making the reward schedule random adds a risk factor, and an additional reason to celebrate on success. Thematically, its way cooler when one's Shard Blade of Permafrost can't just be forged down at the local Shire hobbit hole.

While mechanics like this would serve to create dependence among players, I acknowledge that the added social difficulty of accomplishing a quest this way---versus a standard item turn in---would be a turn off for some players. Does the community think this flaw to be terminal to the idea?

• 334 posts
    August 29, 2016 12:57 PM PDT

CelevinMoongleam said:

I love the idea of going to the heart of Mordor to craft something in the fires of Mount Doom.  Crafters and adventurers would have to work together to accomplish the task.

Edit: typo

+1 to this. Yes please.