Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If a noncombat magic item was named after you, what would it do?

• 810 posts
    March 25, 2021 9:00 PM PDT
    From a combination of pantheon magic item discussions and some 5e discussions I have been thinking a ton about magic items.

I think if one were to be named after me it would ultimately be one used for spying on people.

Even when I play a loud clanking paladin I attempt to evesdrop in plane sight knowing I can't actually hide myself.

I can see Jobeson's listening device being a small magic horn to pick up a conversation outside of normal hearing range.
    • 1430 posts
    March 26, 2021 2:12 AM PDT
    Stellar's Wand of Maddening Lawlessness
    Target players only
    Forces target into a hostile pvp state for 5 mins
    5 min cooldown
    25 feet range

description: a wand made of three tentacles that writhe and change color and shape to match its surroundings. the suction cups appear triangular and have eyes at the center. it stares into the soul of anyone who dares look at it making them puke rainbows.

• 1430 posts
    March 26, 2021 2:13 AM PDT
    the eyes look like the creature the viewer feara the most
    • 902 posts
    March 26, 2021 2:41 AM PDT

Chenzeme's Reflecting Dish of Self Preservation.

Always active while dish is carried about you.

Any hostile cast when out of combat would be reflected back on the caster. 

E.g. causing Stellar's Wand of Maddening Lawlessness to make the caster attack themselves for 5 minutes.

This post was edited by chenzeme at March 26, 2021 2:42 AM PDT
    • 100 posts
    March 26, 2021 8:39 AM PDT

The Grand Summoner's Staff of Lazy Summoning: (Alternate Name: Khraag's Grand Summoning Staff of Laziness)

/Use1 Summons one level one Succubus to carry your inventory. Doesn't give you extra space, she doesn't participate in combat and cannot be targetted by enemies (cannot be aggroed). But it's nice not having to deal with the weight anymore.

/Use2 Summon a swarm of little Imps for you to sit (or lie down) on and they can carry you around as if you were walking. Doesn't provide any extra mobility, but it's nice to sit and float around not having to make the effort to walk.

The ideal item for lazy mages.

This post was edited by Khraag at March 26, 2021 12:41 PM PDT
    • 1430 posts
    March 26, 2021 9:57 AM PDT
    @chenzeme imba! my wand isnt that op lol
    • 1430 posts
    March 26, 2021 10:02 AM PDT
    now that inthink about it... my wands effect would bypass the dish bc its not a hostile magic effect. it does no damage and causes no loss of character control. its a "friendly cast" as it can only target non hostile players anyways. i think my wand would go thru the dish effect
    • 342 posts
    March 26, 2021 11:20 AM PDT

Khraag said:

/Use2 Summon a swarm of little Imps for you to sit (or lie down) on and they can carry you around as if you were walking. Doesn't provide any extra mobility, but it's nice to sit and float around not having to make the effort to walk.

Genius... you could med while they carry you very slowly wherever you go.

• 2138 posts
    March 26, 2021 11:52 AM PDT

Manouk's neighborly sweater, 

Shoulders, must equip.

Only useable in "desmene"(domain) of any NPC/creature

Single target, instant cast, random 5 to 10 second duration, 23h recast timer

Caster gets +5000 faction to all of targets faction modifiers, effect cannot be used in combat. Caster must be visible, Target cannot have any non-native buffs on them.

Lore: "So, lets make the most of this beautiful day, since we're together we might as well say..."

(Desmene means, the queen bee in the center of the hive, warrior guild leader in warrior guild, Boss encounter area)

better have your statement/question ready.

• 1430 posts
    March 26, 2021 12:49 PM PDT
    @manoak lol i read that as on beautiful days like this, kids like you need to burn in hell -sans
    • 252 posts
    March 26, 2021 1:12 PM PDT

Ruinar's decanter of procrastination:

A crystal decanter is filled with a brown liquid that smells strongly of alcohol. Taking a sip from the decanter will lengthen one affect of the player's choice, or lengthen the timer on a timed event by 1d6+20 per cent. The decanter contains 10 1 oz sips and regains 1d4 oz of liquid at dawn.

In the event that there is a daily task, quaffing the entirety of a full decanter will allow the drinker to delay that task until the next day without penalty.

This post was edited by Ruinar at March 26, 2021 1:14 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    March 26, 2021 1:42 PM PDT

Vandraad's Vault Valet:  A wand that summons an ethereal valet who will take whatever items or coins you give it and deposit them into your bank in your racial starting city or retrieve any item or coin from that bank.  Retrieval and deposit are not instant, instead it is based upon the distance between your current location and that bank.

This post was edited by Vandraad at March 26, 2021 1:44 PM PDT
    • 119 posts
    March 26, 2021 3:55 PM PDT

Galden's gluttonous goblet of gastronomy

Usable once per 24 hours

Fills all open inventory spaces with randomised food stacks.

These stacks cannot be destroyed and can only be traded (or eaten)

90% are low quality (vendor) 9% medium quality (simple tradeskill quality) and 1% high quality (good tradeskill quality)

- Think about the effects is kinda 'cursed' as you must trade the food or have no inventory space, therefore it also encourages community.

This post was edited by Galden at March 26, 2021 4:18 PM PDT
    • 810 posts
    March 26, 2021 5:46 PM PDT

I can't help but see Galden feeding the homeless or something with their item as scurvy sweeps through the city with the massive influx of unsalted hardtack. 

Although I would love for the curse aspect to be a bit worse.  The one who gives you the quest immediately starts shouting how they are free after you accepted the goblet. Have it fill up your bank and everything too.  You realize now why the quest giver had no pockets or bags. 

This post was edited by Jobeson at March 26, 2021 5:46 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    March 26, 2021 6:38 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Vandraad's Vault Valet:  A wand that summons an ethereal valet who will take whatever items or coins you give it and deposit them into your bank in your racial starting city or retrieve any item or coin from that bank.  Retrieval and deposit are not instant, instead it is based upon the distance between your current location and that bank.

Whats the recast timer? or is it dependent on when the valet returns!...what if you forget and you're in a dungeon, being hyper-spatially aware and after non-stop adds suddenly a lone figure's shadow is seen coming around the corner, the group tenses and gets ready and suddenly Vaandrad shouts: nonononono! thats my valet! (I imagined that in owen wilsons voice) omgosh I forgot I sent him, that was weeks ago!. valet poofs after delivering or returning from depositing goods- having brought ice to amberfaet "fat lot of good this does me now!."

would recast timer be as long as it took for the valet to complete?

This post was edited by Manouk at March 26, 2021 6:39 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    March 26, 2021 6:50 PM PDT

stellarmind said: @manoak lol i read that as on beautiful days like this, kids like you need to burn in hell -sans

Not a game breaker I dont think. You could maybe get one or two questions or statements in maybe a quest prompt! or a lore slice or nothing. If I had money and could influence developent (which I wouldn't) I would make one easter egg where if you clicked and the RNG gave the rare 3 second timer and said "Hi neighbor" the NPC would respond "Hi neighbor" and then a zone wide emote would announce you and only your group are so disposed to the entire dungeon/area/faction bound NPC's for 20 seconds- what to do! run? get to a better spot?, hail everyone? 6-8 people- time is running out! Decide!

• 947 posts
    March 26, 2021 7:05 PM PDT

Shroud of the D'Arch Angel
    Description: This appears to be a simple black cloak, but is ice cold to the touch.
    + Fire Resist
    -Cold Resist
    +CHA
    -INT
    -WIS

Effect: Illusion tiny winged devil - grants levitation but can only move using the /follow command and hovers near the shoulder of followed target.  Player is made aware that they are being /followed when they receive a /whisper of random "great advice".

• 2419 posts
    March 26, 2021 7:45 PM PDT

Manouk said:

Vandraad said:

Whats the recast timer? or is it dependent on when the valet returns!...what if you forget and you're in a dungeon, being hyper-spatially aware and after non-stop adds suddenly a lone figure's shadow is seen coming around the corner, the group tenses and gets ready and suddenly Vaandrad shouts: nonononono! thats my valet! (I imagined that in owen wilsons voice) omgosh I forgot I sent him, that was weeks ago!. valet poofs after delivering or returning from depositing goods- having brought ice to amberfaet "fat lot of good this does me now!."

would recast timer be as long as it took for the valet to complete?

Ok, just for the sake of discussion I was thinking it would be 10 minutes per zone (includin the zone you're in).  Lets say you're a human from Thronefast and you're in Halnir Cave.  That puts you 3 zones from the Thronefast Bank (Thronefast, Avender's Pass, Halnir Cave).  So you click the wand and choose 'Deposit'.  The valet appears you 'hand' it the items and 30 minutes later the items are in your bank.  The valet is now ready to be used again.  But lets way you want to retrieve an item from your bank.  You click the wand, select 'Retrieve', select the items and 30 minutes later (if you're still in Halnir Cave) the valet appears at your current location to give you your items.  It is now ready to be used again.

I've debated about what happens if you go to another zone after activating the wand.  I think that for Deposit, nothing happens. The valet is already on its way to the bank from that zone in which you summoned it.  But for Retrieve, if you activated it in Halnir Cave, then teleported out and ran down to Wilds End before the valet arrived in Halnir Cave, there are 2 choices:  1) The valet goes to Halnir Cave as originally summoned then recalculates to your now new current zone of Wilds End. If we say Wilds End is 6 zones from Halnir Cave, the valet will now take 1 hour to get from Halnir to Wild's End (10 minutes per zone, 6 zones; or 2) the valet arrives in Halnir, gets really pissed off you left and deletes the stuff it retrieved (basically it can't follow you to your new location and just poofs.)

The valet can't be too convenient because it is allowing you remote access to your bank so a time delay based upon distance means you can't just continually use it.  If I'm a Skar and I'm way over on the far end of KingsReach, I could be 10+ zones away from the bank in Skargol.  Even with a 100 minute timer due to distance, the valet would still be useful from time to time.

This post was edited by Vandraad at March 26, 2021 9:11 PM PDT
    • 119 posts
    March 26, 2021 8:37 PM PDT

Galden's Grimoire of Ghostly Guise

Usable: Once every 4 hours

Duration: 3 minutes - cannot cancle

Effect: On readng makes user invisible (and tranclucent) and gives featherfall, however all users text speech is translated to 'Oooooo Oooo' , and no abilities can be used.

• 690 posts
    March 26, 2021 11:51 PM PDT

I assume it would be edible to beavers.

• 810 posts
    March 27, 2021 9:30 AM PDT

I hope the ranger can have a pet beaver scout to go under water from time to time. They need the proper treats to go along with it.

This post was edited by Jobeson at March 27, 2021 9:31 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    March 27, 2021 10:58 AM PDT

Galden said:

Galden's Grimoire of Ghostly Guise

Usable: Once every 4 hours

Duration: 3 minutes - cannot cancle

Effect: On readng makes user invisible (and tranclucent) and gives featherfall, however all users text speech is translated to 'Oooooo Oooo' , and no abilities can be used.

Easter egg: One day a year, from dusk to dawn on a halloween/dia del muerte /or celebration of the dead type day , multi targetable to Player characters only. Limited to City areas.  insta cast, recast timer 10 seconds, duration 3 min. same player cannot be targeted twice in a 4 hour period.

Players discover holes in effect in that punctuation and some emotes still work: Ooo?    ooo! ooo! ooo! /point...OOO! /point/point/point       Ooo /shrug

Lore: Class C license

• 2138 posts
    March 27, 2021 11:02 AM PDT

Galden said:

Galden's gluttonous goblet of gastronomy

Usable once per 24 hours

Fills all open inventory spaces with randomised food stacks.

These stacks cannot be destroyed and can only be traded (or eaten)

90% are low quality (vendor) 9% medium quality (simple tradeskill quality) and 1% high quality (good tradeskill quality)

- Think about the effects is kinda 'cursed' as you must trade the food or have no inventory space, therefore it also encourages community.

Lore: Edmund's Lokum (Gloop's fill?)

• 888 posts
    March 28, 2021 1:57 AM PDT

Non-combat Magic Item: "CounterFleche's Mirror of Infinite Possibilities"

• Activate Magic Item by looking into it.  Once activated, the mirror captures a reflection of who your are (your level, current xp, and stats, but NOT any equipment or items) and freezes it into the mirror.  If you ever become nostalgic for who you were, you can destroy the mirror.  This will cause you to die and respawn with the level, xp, and stats you had when you first activated the mirror.  Functionally, this allows you to try a build / stat allocation and reset back if you don't like it.  It can be balanced by it giving an xp rate debuff that's applied until you've reached the amount of xp you had when you destroyed the mirror.  It doesn't prevent death and it doesn't let you recover anything you've lost (like equipment).  You can only have one active at a time and the item should be rare but not ridiculously rare.

• 119 posts
    March 28, 2021 2:58 AM PDT

Manouk said:

Easter egg: One day a year, from dusk to dawn on a halloween/dia del muerte /or celebration of the dead type day , multi targetable to Player characters only. Limited to City areas.  insta cast, recast timer 10 seconds, duration 3 min. same player cannot be targeted twice in a 4 hour period.

Players discover holes in effect in that punctuation and some emotes still work: Ooo?    ooo! ooo! ooo! /point...OOO! /point/point/point       Ooo /shrug

Lore: Class C license

Ahha, yes like your version better... can imagine the chaos in town! also once per year want to skip to the boss in a dungeon/ raid - GHOST UP!

Also to finish in this thread , one more 'cursed' item:

Galden's Greeves of Gigantic Gait

Leg Slot - Med/Heavy

Stats:

+ Strength

+ Stamina

+ Runspeed (5%)

Hidden effect:

Very rarely in outdoor zones (once per 1000 times) when a player jumps the jump is magnified by 100x in power.

Hope you have featherfall memorised.

But also fun/useful for those looking to get good screenshots / scale walls and maybe skip some content - the %ageis so low though would be nearly impossible to use as a raid.

This post was edited by Galden at March 28, 2021 2:59 AM PDT