Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If a noncombat magic item was named after you, what would it do?

• 287 posts
    March 28, 2021 3:04 PM PDT

Enchanter's Wand of Hilarity

Unlimited charges, no cooldown

Target: Any player or NPC

Duration: 24 hrs or until cancelled

Effect: Cloaks the target in a miniature EQ1 earth elemental illusion complete with EQ1 earth elemental animations

The earth elemental illusion from EQ1 is still the funniest thing I have ever seen in an MMO.

• 810 posts
    March 28, 2021 8:58 PM PDT
    The brown triangles with arms or the other ones?

I always cracked up at the swarm of mini earth elementals the AA unlocked. Nine tiny earth pets flailing their twig sized arms.
    • 60 posts
    April 1, 2021 6:40 AM PDT

AE alcohol and fireworks

• 129 posts
    April 5, 2021 9:59 AM PDT

Turn you invisible for 5 seconds and automatically pick pocket the nearest NPC, if level check fails, it beats you to death.

• 12 posts
    April 9, 2021 4:09 AM PDT

thirteenmoons's curse - charm : when clicked it casts a lasting random illusion of the undead. (ghost, skelleton, ghoul, zombie, lich, banshee...  etc)

This post was edited by Thirteenmoons at April 9, 2021 4:29 AM PDT
    • 72 posts
    April 9, 2021 5:20 AM PDT

Increase endurance by 5 for 15 minutes.

This post was edited by Turnip at April 9, 2021 5:58 AM PDT
    • 112 posts
    April 9, 2021 6:20 AM PDT

Jobeson said: From a combination of pantheon magic item discussions and some 5e discussions I have been thinking a ton about magic items. I think if one were to be named after me it would ultimately be one used for spying on people. Even when I play a loud clanking paladin I attempt to evesdrop in plane sight knowing I can't actually hide myself. I can see Jobeson's listening device being a small magic horn to pick up a conversation outside of normal hearing range.

Interesting...

Mine would Stein of the Fallen Dwarf.

- when used it summons a ale for your party members.

-  minus to agility but plus stat to stamina.

:).

• 2138 posts
    April 9, 2021 6:50 AM PDT

Counterfleche said:

Non-combat Magic Item: "CounterFleche's Mirror of Infinite Possibilities"

• Activate Magic Item by looking into it.  Once activated, the mirror captures a reflection of who your are (your level, current xp, and stats, but NOT any equipment or items) and freezes it into the mirror.  If you ever become nostalgic for who you were, you can destroy the mirror.  This will cause you to die and respawn with the level, xp, and stats you had when you first activated the mirror.  Functionally, this allows you to try a build / stat allocation and reset back if you don't like it.  It can be balanced by it giving an xp rate debuff that's applied until you've reached the amount of xp you had when you destroyed the mirror.  It doesn't prevent death and it doesn't let you recover anything you've lost (like equipment).  You can only have one active at a time and the item should be rare but not ridiculously rare.

This would be a cool clicky and not a game breaker I dont think, and possibly a hard-core test of progeny idea. Like M:tG had "ante's" initially where you would put up a random card? even a Mox or lotus if it happened to be the one drawn?  this is like putting up your current character and choosing to be brought back to a former level, permanently. Great to - like you said, rebuild- or finish up quests you couldn't because of a trivial loot code?

If there was a really long quest event where you had mirror your self before proceeding and the key to finishing the quest was mirroring down 5 levels later-like the boss was TLC, lol.  Ooh! but the trade off would be when you work up to where you were(5 levels higher) you have more skill points/AA's than normal players so there is a slight advantage there, and the loot would be uber for someone 5 levels higher and you could not use it untill you were 5 levels higher, lore. no trade.

Lore: Dorian's Fossil  (fossil of dorian gray? -a fossil is frozen in time, sort of)

• 2138 posts
    April 9, 2021 6:56 AM PDT

Jobeson said: From a combination of pantheon magic item discussions and some 5e discussions I have been thinking a ton about magic items. I think if one were to be named after me it would ultimately be one used for spying on people. Even when I play a loud clanking paladin I attempt to evesdrop in plane sight knowing I can't actually hide myself. I can see Jobeson's listening device being a small magic horn to pick up a conversation outside of normal hearing range.

Like the elegant turn of the 20th century hearing aids! the ear trumpets!

• 810 posts
    April 9, 2021 11:26 AM PDT
    I can't help but imagine a helmet with giant horns attached to the ears now. So fashionable no one will ever know.
    • 394 posts
    April 9, 2021 12:48 PM PDT

It would most likely raise your blood sugar.

• 220 posts
    April 10, 2021 11:36 PM PDT

I'm not interested in anything being named after me because thats not why I play games, but what I would like to see implemented by VR are "rift stones".

A single rift stone is but one fragment of a much larger mass that shattered into hundreds of thousands of pieces eons ago. 

Every so often for a few days, Terminus passes through this field of rift stones that now circles the sun, some of which inevitably end up plummeting to the ground across multiple zones creating a colorful display of light as they do. 

This event is one of the most exciting, but also one of the most contentious, because the power that these rift stones possess cannot be acquired by any other means.

Rift stones are the sole reagent by which players are able to cast their teleportation spells.

Rift stones come in various sizes, the largest of which is quite rare.

The size of a rift stone determines the distance that a player is able to teleport. So if a player tries to cast a teleportation spell to Faerthale, but it is half a continent away, then they would require the quite rare large rift stone to do so, but if they only wanted to teleport to the next zone over, then the much more common small sized rift stone would suffice. 

As you can imagine, with rift stones being the sole means of allowing fast travel, there will probably be quite a bit of strategy involved in trying to acquire as many of them as possible during each window of opportunity. 

Even though rift stones are consumed on use, wielders of a rift stone possess a lot of power in terms of the timing of moving goods to distant markets, as well as strategically during combat.

In closing, everything here is just an initial concept. All of this can be tweaked/tested until it feels right.

This post was edited by Nekentros at April 11, 2021 12:39 AM PDT