Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - What's the biggest ever accomplishment..

• 9115 posts
    March 25, 2021 3:47 AM PDT

Community Debate - What's the biggest ever accomplishment you have achieved in an MMORPG? Bonus points if you already have a goal in Pantheon that you want to work towards when we launch the game. #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 902 posts
    March 25, 2021 4:02 AM PDT

Wow - there is no one single thing that springs to mind, many many but a very very condensed list:

Getting my first epic (ranger)

Getting a pair of Short Swords of Ykesha

Becomming a grand master fletcher

Being asked to be an officer of a guild

My first successful raid zone completion

As for Pantheon

Becoming a Keeper

Mastering crafting of some kind

Finding something that no one else has

This post was edited by chenzeme at March 25, 2021 4:03 AM PDT
    • 220 posts
    March 25, 2021 4:17 AM PDT

EQ- I was the first to craft a rebreather on our server, though I didn't know what it was for at the time; nor was it something I was striving for. It just happened to turn out that way.

Pantheon - I just want to enjoy the casual non-combat aspects of Pantheon. 

• 17 posts
    March 25, 2021 4:34 AM PDT

Like Chenzeme, it's hard for me to pick one.

Finishing my epic in EQ (Earthcaller was a pita).

Killing Coirnav with my original guild (We had problems with that squidthing).

Being a raidleader, especially on some of the guildfirsts.

Again completing the quest for an epic, this time Rhok'delar in WoW. Was a fun one :-).

I'll leave it at that.

• 273 posts
    March 25, 2021 5:34 AM PDT

Kilsin said:Community Debate - What's the biggest ever accomplishment you have achieved in an MMORPG?

Finding a group of sensible and mature people that I've been playing with for over 15 years.

Bonus points if you already have a goal in Pantheon that you want to work towards when we launch the game.

Convincing more of them that Pantheon is not vaporware, and that they should play it.

• 2756 posts
    March 25, 2021 5:48 AM PDT

In the past, getting my epic cleric weapon in Everquest and all that involved, big and small.
    Taking part in a raid that involved about 70 people and was played almost constantly over 48 hours.
    Getting most of the way through the monk epic including mostly soloing the Rasta camp for several hours and loving nearly every minute.

For Pantheon, playing every single class-race combo and settling on a main (and making YouTube guides for the community as I do it)
    Doing epic quests Pantheon-style
    Becoming known for being a good and helpful player and community member.

*adjusts tiara - remembers to mention world peace, helping the old and cute furry animals*

• 100 posts
    March 25, 2021 7:15 AM PDT

Reaching Rank 10L0 on my berserker on DAoC with my guild 8v8 group.
    Any higher rank after that was obviously better but not as impactful.

As for Pantheons, ... I don't know enough in the game, not sure a purely PvE game can really drive me as hard to reach a goal.

• 2419 posts
    March 25, 2021 7:25 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - What's the biggest ever accomplishment you have achieved in an MMORPG? Bonus points if you already have a goal in Pantheon that you want to work towards when we launch the game. #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

As Director of War and Fleet Commander for my 40 person EVE Online corporation, devising then successfully executing a plan to kick out a corporation of 150 people from their space so we could take it over.

• 150 posts
    March 25, 2021 5:22 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - What's the biggest ever accomplishment you have achieved in an MMORPG?

EverQuest: Researching and reporting on an emulator which changed the items and gameplay for thousands of players. The lasting effect of each change was worth more than any single quest item or dkp win. A close second would either be the completion of an epic, or Shawl 7 + Ring 9.

Bonus points if you already have a goal in Pantheon that you want to work towards when we launch the game.

Convincing the powers that be of an unlikely third race option for paladins: Elves. Failing that, either obtaining an illusion item later on to achieve the same look or obscuring those human round ears with a helmet and maxing out faction accordingly, being more or less a xenophile of Faerthale.

• 438 posts
    March 25, 2021 5:49 PM PDT
    Like Daalziel, obtaining Earthcaller. Really was a c*nt. Was extremely proud and back in Kunark days the graphics on the sword made you look like a god among men.
    • 1428 posts
    March 25, 2021 6:26 PM PDT
    grand marshal og wow lez goOOOOOoo
    • 521 posts
    March 25, 2021 9:18 PM PDT

Staying Married.

• 810 posts
    March 25, 2021 10:59 PM PDT
    My greatest accomplishment was coming back for revenge against the hill giants. I went back and farmed them for quite a while just because I could. It was a glorious feeling of saving and aiding the lower levels while getting my revenge.
    • 226 posts
    March 26, 2021 12:47 AM PDT

WoW - I beat the game!

When WoW was released the end game raids were released every few months, starting with Molten Core. I had each piece from MC, same for Blackwing Lair, The Temple of Ahn’qiraj and Naxxramas. I even had the Hand of Ragnaros. Before the first expansion came out, Burning Crusades, I literally had every Best in Slot item the game offered for 2 years. I thought I was hot stuff, lol.  To my mind, I beat the game! 2004-2006 was epic.

This post was edited by Sweety at March 26, 2021 12:47 AM PDT
    • 413 posts
    March 26, 2021 5:46 AM PDT

Using EQ as "Virtual Visitation" with my Sons.  The "Ex" like to be...problematic.   But EQ was not on her radar, so when visitation for various bull$hit reasons was denied,  I played EQ with my sons.

It was great to have this in common, they excelled at EQ, it allowed them to mentor me at times, building a stong relationships, that otherwise would have suffered had it not been for EQ.

Play Pantheon with my now adult Sons and friends.  Join a nice friendly guild, build friendships and community.  Enjoy the world and the players in it.  let it be the escapeism that Pantheon should be.

• 15 posts
    March 26, 2021 5:51 AM PDT

In Everquest

Doing my Epic 1.0 in one week. Then doing Epic 1.5 in 20 hours lol. Didn't go to bed until I got it. Thankful for friends help. 

Those are the days that I miss. You do things together to help each other out because the content required a group and was challenging. The strongest currency in game was a favor.

• 8 posts
    March 26, 2021 9:20 AM PDT

EQ --
    On my path to mastering brewing, I spent a lot of time in the Plane of Knowledge (during PoP expansion), leveling my brewing and chatting up the public while doling out Wizard ports. I knew I had to quit playing the game for awhile due to some upcoming life changes, and so I threw a huge party with all the virtual alcohol I had crafted. Everyone had a blast and I'm pretty sure we had well over 100 players EQ drunk at the same time.

Gooooood fun memories :D

• 119 posts
    March 26, 2021 4:28 PM PDT

Guild wise

Beating Plane of Time as a non hardcore guild just before the GoD expansion.

- Sure the final boss wasn't so hard , but it really did feel like an accomplishment as in lore we had beat all of the gods.

- Also, the next arc in GoD  (alien invaders) was rubbish, the mechanics really buggy, and WoW had just realeased. Felt like a fitting end.

Personal

- Stormfeather; I will never do another camp like that in my life!

• 947 posts
    March 26, 2021 5:35 PM PDT

Eronakis said:

In Everquest

Doing my Epic 1.0 in one week. Then doing Epic 1.5 in 20 hours lol. Didn't go to bed until I got it. Thankful for friends help. 

Those are the days that I miss. You do things together to help each other out because the content required a group and was challenging. The strongest currency in game was a favor.

This was literally one of the biggest reasons I quit - some classes could get their epic in a day, while others took months and months of grinding for super rare items in high risk places that took well organized groups.  But I solo'd most of my Epic for my wiz, druid, and Bard (and had my wiz's epic by level 46) but could not get my main character's (DE SHD) epic until level 75... and he was my main - max level every expansion through Planes of Power - just couldn't get the drops.  I actually solo'd all of my Wiz's epic (except for killing Cazic Thule - which I had 2 friend's help me with) as my 65 SHD; Same for my Bard's with the exception of the Red Scale and killing Trakanon, and I did most of my Druid's as my lvl 51 Druid with the exception of Venril Sathir and some fight in the Karanas that I had a lvl 60 Mage solo for me... but they were NOTHING like having to grind rep as a DE SHD just to speak to different NPCs around the game, just to have to grind Plane of Sky, Plane of Hate, Plane of Fear, (RAID zones) the Hole for super rare drops... that you have to share with other players - and then have incredible boss battles that require a warrior to use defensive disc to tank (or be severely out leveled).

But, with all of that said - finally getting my epic at 75 and my 2.0 at 80 (as seen in my avatar) was my greatest accomplishment... I got it out of spite and then quit again - useless lvl 55 item that took me 15+ years to get... the fights were still difficult at lvl 80... Lhranc was level 70 - and the quest was designed for lvl 55 players... mean while, the toughest fight for the Druid Epic is Venril Sathir, a level 55 open world boss on a 3 day spawn timer that has great loot (and other Epic pieces) for all classes - F'n stupid.

edit: My goal for PRotF is to not pick the race/class combo that gets the table scraps this time... sounds achievable, but we will see :(

This post was edited by Darch at March 26, 2021 5:48 PM PDT
    • 888 posts
    March 28, 2021 1:24 PM PDT
    Personally, I prefer specific gaming moments over accomplishments. Keeping the group alive in seemingly impossible situations where everyone thinks we're going to wipe. Getting complimented for playing well, for creative tactics, or even just for being fun to group with is far more memorable that specific achievements.
    • 76 posts
    March 29, 2021 5:15 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

All of my best pvp 1vX's are pretty memorable over the years.

• 1v30 Guild in Ragnarok during War of Emperium
    • 1vAlliance as Emperor in ESO
    • 1v15 Guild without Emperor in ESO
    • 1v40 without Emperor in ESO
    • 1v6 versus a high skill comms team in ESO

But I am probably most proud of soloing my Farsha, Beastmaster's Empyrean Weapon in Final Fantasy 11.  This required repeatedly soloing many different raid bosses, including two very difficult raid bosses Dragua and Resheph- both considered unsoloable at the time. I finished the weapon very quickly and was the first person to have it out of all the players I knew, maybe even servers first.

My goal in pantheon is to learn everything about the game and be a sort of sage of information. I also want to constantly push the upper echelon of what I can solo.

This post was edited by Gottbeard at March 29, 2021 9:39 AM PDT
    • 94 posts
    March 30, 2021 8:50 AM PDT

EQ Short list - Jboots, Wizard Epic, Prayer Shawl, Manaburn. I also loved getting kill shots on boss mobs. I still remember my first Inny.

Pantheon - Becoming a keeper and (hopefully) completing class epic spell/item quests!

• 217 posts
    March 30, 2021 11:14 AM PDT

Caine said:

Using EQ as "Virtual Visitation" with my Sons.  The "Ex" like to be...problematic.   But EQ was not on her radar, so when visitation for various bull$hit reasons was denied,  I played EQ with my sons.

It was great to have this in common, they excelled at EQ, it allowed them to mentor me at times, building a stong relationships, that otherwise would have suffered had it not been for EQ.

Play Pantheon with my now adult Sons and friends.  Join a nice friendly guild, build friendships and community.  Enjoy the world and the players in it.  let it be the escapeism that Pantheon should be.

THAT IS AWESOME!

Proves youre a great dad, did what it took for the best of you and your sons relationship! /Salute

I would say my greatest accomplishment was making some great memories.

I made friends I woud not have otherwise ever met, spent hours with them camping

areas for XP and adventuring, learning the game (EQ) and then when they moved on

after 6 months I learned about guilds and became a prominant member switching from

warrior to healer as the guild needed new more effective healers and I became the guilds 

Prime Healer.  One of my favorite memories in regards to guilds was mentoring new players

and taking them on lesser difficulty dungeon crawls to explain and teach raid tactics, the dos and donts..

how things evolve as your delver deeper and we had ALOT of fun doing it. It wasnt about the loot, it was about

the adventure, the feel of Dungeons and Dragons being brought to life.

• 413 posts
    March 30, 2021 11:32 AM PDT
    Vigilatee13,

Thank you! You get it where I am coming from. The experiences you share are the type of experiences that keeps me coming back. Being of service to the people around you. Being a community,, etc... Send me a guild invite!
    • 42 posts
    March 30, 2021 1:40 PM PDT

In EQ

1st hardest thing was getting that Ranger Epic. For what it was when I got it, It was OK. Something had surpassed it that was almost easier to get at that point and I cannot recall what it was but I had hung on so long to get down the list of getting drops I was like HELL YEAH I want it.

Master Fletcher was cool making incredible bows was great, the failures when they happened were VERY disheartening.  but that was life in making stuff.

Afer that 3 boxing the ranger a shaman or a wizard and a cleric  on one PC during raids was yeah the next hardest thing to do LOL

Just glad at that point I could afford the dough to make a machine that could handle all that.

Upcoming

As someone already said. Just getting to play the game in my lifetime.