Forums » News and Announcements

March 4th Development Stream

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    February 25, 2021 2:34 PM PST

Join us on a special Community Streamer Play Session live Thursday, March 4, 6pm PST twitch.tv/visionaryrealms

Return to the Fortress DeViare for a no-holds-barred, raw play session with community streamers BazgrimTV, Minus (PantheonPlus), the Nathan NAPALM, and Therek.

This post was edited by Roenick at February 25, 2021 2:35 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    February 25, 2021 2:37 PM PST

Live Gamestream at last!!

GO TEAM!!

• 88 posts
    February 25, 2021 3:07 PM PST

Looking forward to it !

• 2886 posts
    February 25, 2021 3:24 PM PST

This is gonna be big folks, we're going to be recording over 3 HOURS of gameplay next week from each of our perspectives and then releasing it all to you after the 4th. (1 hour of Roenick's footage will be shown for the live dev stream)

Joppa said that Cohh only found about 30% of the content in this area, so we're gonna do our best to find the rest. But more importantly, we're planning on taking some time to seriously assess the current state of the classes, systems, etc. Joppa also said that he's going to turn up the difficulty for us to be more representative of post-launch difficulty. As such, this will be a more organic, normal gameplay session - rather than a scripted production... to try to get more of a feel for what it would be like to truly play Pantheon at launch. That said, we still want to bring you all into the world with us as much as we can, so during periods of downtime we'll try to pitch some questions to Joppa, who will be in voice chat with us (but not in game). So if you have any burning questions you want us to ask while we're there, leave them in this thread, and we'll try to get to as many as we can!

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 25, 2021 3:25 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    February 25, 2021 3:45 PM PST

Will Pantheon have a significant amount of support for ray tracing when it releases?

• 392 posts
    February 25, 2021 4:07 PM PST

The wife wont be too happy about the 12 hours worth of videos I'll need to watch but yay!

• 88 posts
    February 25, 2021 5:07 PM PST

Great to hear this Baz, thanks for the heads up on what to expect a bit!

• 523 posts
    February 25, 2021 6:35 PM PST

Is this going to feature some of the new polish and feedback you talked about last monthly update or is this just the carbon copy that Cohh ran through?  Excited either way, but curious.

• 34 posts
    February 25, 2021 7:09 PM PST

Mathir said:

Is this going to feature some of the new polish and feedback you talked about last monthly update or is this just the carbon copy that Cohh ran through?  Excited either way, but curious.

From What i know, there has been updates since the Cohh Stream.

• 1281 posts
    February 25, 2021 7:29 PM PST

*Heavy breathing*

• 839 posts
    February 25, 2021 7:48 PM PST
    Awesome, can't wait!

Any chance of bypassing the tutorial aspect of the area cohh was in? Get into the nitty gritty nuts and bolts of it all straight away?
    • 16 posts
    February 25, 2021 9:09 PM PST

Yes! BRING IT!

• 41 posts
    February 25, 2021 10:30 PM PST

Sweet. Can't wait to see more of the systems and class play.

• 255 posts
    February 25, 2021 11:49 PM PST

Will we have 6 streams to watch from 5 different points of view plus the Dev stream?

With all these streaming big guns together, will they play together or will they all try and make the party decisions :)

• 83 posts
    February 26, 2021 1:16 AM PST

Awesome news, thx Roenick and Bazgrim !!

Would it be possible to have real time comments in the stream about the way you interact as player with your UI ? We don't know much about key bindings, macros, Fx buttons etc. I was thinking it would help us a lot if we could understand how you activate your abilities. As an example, from time to time, when you cast a spell, commenting "I clicked with the mouse that spell button" or "I have this spell hotkeyed on that button and I am pressing it, and to hotkey a button it is done that way, etc".

I'd love to learn more about the interface so people like me who haven't yet done a PA play session are not completely lost next PA. Or perhaps at least a brief summary about the interface and how friendly (or not) it is to the user ?

This post was edited by Adonhiram at February 26, 2021 1:17 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 26, 2021 4:38 AM PST

Hokanu said: Awesome, can't wait! Any chance of bypassing the tutorial aspect of the area cohh was in? Get into the nitty gritty nuts and bolts of it all straight away?

We're not planning on bypassing it completely - you never know if Cohh might have missed something. But because we're approaching this as a group that already knows quite a bit about the game, we almost certainly will not have to focus on a lot of the same things he did.

I should note though that Therek is going to be devouring every bit of lore he can get his hands on lol.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 26, 2021 4:43 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 26, 2021 4:45 AM PST

Gintoki88 said:

The wife wont be too happy about the 12 hours worth of videos I'll need to watch but yay!

13 if you include Roenick's :P

• 2886 posts
    February 26, 2021 4:49 AM PST

Boulda said:

Will we have 6 streams to watch from 5 different points of view plus the Dev stream?

With all these streaming big guns together, will they play together or will they all try and make the party decisions :)

There will be a total of 5 different perspectives. 4 streamers + Roenick. Although as far as I know, Roenick's perspective will only be about an hour long (maybe even a little less), which will be what is shown during the monthly Twitch stream. The rest of us will have 3+ hours of video each, which we'll release on our respective YouTube channels after the official stream. 

And while we don't want this stream to be super scripted, we are already thinking about what role each person will play so we don't step on each other's toes too much lol.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 26, 2021 4:50 AM PST
    • 197 posts
    February 26, 2021 5:35 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Hokanu said: Awesome, can't wait! Any chance of bypassing the tutorial aspect of the area cohh was in? Get into the nitty gritty nuts and bolts of it all straight away?

We're not planning on bypassing it completely - you never know if Cohh might have missed something. But because we're approaching this as a group that already knows quite a bit about the game, we almost certainly will not have to focus on a lot of the same things he did.

I should note though that Therek is going to be devouring every bit of lore he can get his hands on lol.

Totally! There were lots of lore bits that Cohh didn't complete in his stream that I have earmarked to follow up on. Having said that, as I will be playing the Wizard and this will be the first time we've really had a chance to inspect the class, I am going to spend significant time doing so. Class skills, spells, and masteries, etc. Lots to delve.  All you future Wizard's out there - I won't let you down! :)

• 51 posts
    February 26, 2021 10:10 AM PST

Congrats to you guys! Can't wait to see all the different perspectives and new content you all release.  Hope you all have fun!

• 500 posts
    February 26, 2021 10:47 AM PST

Really looking forward to this guys! Hoping this is VR ramping up for the next PA5 session(s).

This post was edited by Grymmlocke at February 26, 2021 10:48 AM PST
    • 13 posts
    February 26, 2021 12:28 PM PST

Mathir said:

Even if there aren't updates, I'm looking forward to the difficulty being tuned to closer to what is expected for post-release. As much as I enjoyed Cohh's stream, the ease of it made the combat a bit more boring than it should have been in that having adds and the like didn't really matter.

Will be fun watching fifteen minutes of fun followed by two hours and fourty five minutes of corpse recovery >:)

• 68 posts
    February 26, 2021 1:37 PM PST

Any idea what classes you will all be playing?  I know Therek said he was going to be a wiz.

• 2886 posts
    February 26, 2021 2:01 PM PST

Akom said:

Mathir said:

Even if there aren't updates, I'm looking forward to the difficulty being tuned to closer to what is expected for post-release. As much as I enjoyed Cohh's stream, the ease of it made the combat a bit more boring than it should have been in that having adds and the like didn't really matter.

Will be fun watching fifteen minutes of fun followed by two hours and fourty five minutes of corpse recovery >:)

lol exactly. Difficulty makes a big difference. I think there have at least been some tweaks to the area. The devs mentioned it being patched regularly. Though I'm not expecting any major differences. But remember, there's theoretically another ~70% of that zones that's undiscovered. We really hope to deliver a show that overall feels quite different from Cohh's stream. To me at least, it's not so much about just showing off areas... I'd really like to highlight combat, classes, systems, etc. in a natural setting.

• 2886 posts
    February 26, 2021 2:02 PM PST

Rhelic said:

Any idea what classes you will all be playing?  I know Therek said he was going to be a wiz.

Baz - Shaman

Minus - Rogue

NathanNapalm - Dire Lord

Therek - Wizard