Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - What are you most looking forward to..

• 9115 posts
    January 7, 2021 3:33 AM PST

Community Debate - What are you most looking forward to seeing from Pantheon in 2021, and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 902 posts
    January 7, 2021 5:03 AM PST

Alpha. It might just quiet down the sceptics a little. Plus I will get to see how the game really is and not rely on second hand information and opinions.

• 1315 posts
    January 7, 2021 5:38 AM PST

The announcement that VR has decided to switch the Pantheon inventory system from Weight/Slot based to Mass/Volume based because everyone agrees it is far superior, especially for handling complex crafting systems with lots of unique materials that can’t stack.

*runs and hides from thrown rotten vegetable mater.  At least I hope that was vegetable mater.  Best not to look or smell too closely.*

• 724 posts
    January 7, 2021 6:19 AM PST

Apart from the obvious, the alpha announcement? :)

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more about the actual implementation of the game mechanics that we've been discussing and speculating about for so long now. I'll be great to see the first implementations of the classes, especially those that weren't shown at all yet, and seeing all the other mechanics come alive and working together.

• 245 posts
    January 7, 2021 6:29 AM PST

Alpha; and forum posters becoming more positive, less negativity.

• 63 posts
    January 7, 2021 6:36 AM PST

A L P H A :)

• 2419 posts
    January 7, 2021 6:58 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - What are you most looking forward to seeing from Pantheon in 2021, and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

That VR has been picked up by a publisher so that getting this game to release won't take 7 more years.

EDIT:  More stuff I'm looking forward to seeing because they were all mentioned in the past as coming 'soon'.

1.  Racial Actives
    2.  Class Showcases (we've only seen Shaman)
    3.  Stat Descriptions

This post was edited by Vandraad at January 7, 2021 11:06 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    January 7, 2021 7:24 AM PST

The same things VR wants - finally hitting alpha and getting a significant new investor and/or publisher.

• 438 posts
    January 7, 2021 7:46 AM PST
    Vandraad and dorotea beat me to it. The same.
    • 394 posts
    January 7, 2021 8:15 AM PST

Pulling it back to a more realistic expectation, I would greatly enjoy seeing all the classes in a gameplay ready state.

• 2138 posts
    January 7, 2021 10:37 AM PST

More streams!- even of places i've already seen with Devs and maybe some programmers, old and new.

But with casual banter, where im like eavesdropping on their personal gaming session, gentle ribbing, things like <.<. side-eye emotes in chat to others I can't hear but are in game in another group. RP'ers annoying coders, coders going off on tangents, Admin telling people not to spill too many beans, that sort of thing. 

Also I want to see sfuff, but I don't want to see stuff, like loot or quests being finished. I want to see some adventure, but not alot so I see it already played, know what I mean? I want to save some for my own discovery.

I would like to see a glimpse at some starting cities? maybe a fly-on-the-wall view of the all-gnome group that jumped their hello on the blackrose keep ramparts that one time? I think that would quiet down the class mongers and move them over to the "this is that with which you must deal" camp, and also let the Deus Ex Ludicrum manifest in that you are taught to play the class by just selecting the class, from the limits of the class and the starting city. Making all gnome groups necessary, unavoidable and interestingly to the player-successfully viable, but a whole new learning experience when you get mature enough to venture outward and meet other classes! and have to learn how to adapt your style to theirs. (Mustn't use fire?! but I've always used fire! *blink*)

• 88 posts
    January 7, 2021 11:14 AM PST

The things I am most looking forward to for Pantheon this year:  1.  Getting a solid Investor/Publisher for the game.  2.  Announcement of Alpha start date.

• 422 posts
    January 7, 2021 12:24 PM PST

Alpha, an Alpha DATE, anything solid.

• 287 posts
    January 7, 2021 2:09 PM PST
    Hopeful a progress/goal tracker on the website. Give the fans an idea of what needs to be done and what is being worked on. An Alpha date would be fantastic.
    • 2041 posts
    January 7, 2021 3:42 PM PST

A publisher with deep pockets and a Heart of Gold!

If we don't get that, then Alpha.

If we don't get that, then preliminary plans for Bard abilities.

If we don't get that, then a working "block" button on my forum settings.

(I like to offer options so maybe ONE of them might come true. I'm counting on ya, Kilsin!)

This post was edited by Jothany at January 7, 2021 3:44 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    January 7, 2021 9:15 PM PST

Most looking forward to seeing new faces in the forums as more pledger jump on board

• 560 posts
    January 7, 2021 9:54 PM PST

Even contemplating what I am looking forward too most after 2020 is causing my brain to have a melt down. How about more ice cream.

This post was edited by Susurrus at January 7, 2021 9:55 PM PST
    • 145 posts
    January 8, 2021 2:47 AM PST
    Too make it through the whole year and progress through out it
    • 125 posts
    January 8, 2021 4:10 AM PST

Appropiate investors/publisher which align with the teams vision. Expansion of the VR team

• 46 posts
    January 8, 2021 7:38 AM PST
    1. Alpha
    2. More offers in the store, I hope for posters
    3. More Roenick corpses (maybe on the posters)
    • 144 posts
    January 8, 2021 9:07 AM PST

A progress bar indicating percentage of how close we are to milestones like alpha.

• 768 posts
    January 8, 2021 10:52 AM PST

The announcement of a publisher (no need to go public on who that might be). Because, timing of launch is everything.

Aside of that; crafting and a world map. I'm keeping my feet on the ground here.

• 690 posts
    January 8, 2021 10:01 PM PST

Alpha,  I don't even have alpha access.

Because this game is making so many sacrifices to entice mainstream QOLers, it needs to come out while the graphics and mechanics are even slightly new feeling.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at January 8, 2021 10:03 PM PST
    • 220 posts
    January 9, 2021 3:44 AM PST

The relaxing sound of ocean waves in a coastal area of the game.

• 99 posts
    January 9, 2021 8:52 AM PST

The feeling of being needed for a group. The fear of diyng. The feeling that my starting choices make me unique. The feeling a new piece of loot is amazing. The feeling that the world can be dangerous. Long lasting character developement.

(Or in short an Eqish feeling when i enter the game world)