Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Day-One Releases

• 261 posts
    September 28, 2020 8:16 PM PDT

Depends of the go live time. Ususally it is US time based, so early in the morning local.

I would take the 2nd-3rd day after launch off, every time I have done the day off for a launch for other games, you are hit with server issues being, or long queues. Let the initial hit to settle.

Also with everyone in the one place, letting people get in and move a bit further out from the starting loacation will make it much easier. I remember WOW classic, 200+ people all in the 1 starting spot after the 40 mobs in the area so it was pointless, plus a bit laggy.

• 326 posts
    September 28, 2020 10:03 PM PDT

Jumping into the chaos on day one. I will just need to plan ahead and be somehwere with cell service for my mifi(s).

• 19 posts
    September 28, 2020 11:32 PM PDT

Counterfleche said: I probably won't take the day off, though I don't expect I will get much sleep that night.

This!!! I can't ever get the days I want off, so I just play as soon as I get the spare time. But that also mean ALL my spare time for at least a week before I diversify my gaming again. Then maybe some RL lol

• 6 posts
    September 29, 2020 5:42 AM PDT

I remember taking 3 days off for Vanguard launch. Ended up watching telly because the servers were either offline or so unstable it was impossible to play. Great memories, would do that again 10/10.

• 125 posts
    September 29, 2020 5:47 AM PDT
    I love the race of initial release
    • 123 posts
    September 29, 2020 10:19 AM PDT

I used to love the anticipation of launch day.  Waiting for the timer to tick down so I could log in and explore the new world.  However, after so many launch day fails (servers crashing, emergency patches, login ques for hours, etc); I have changed from taking the day of release off and taking the day after release off instead.  While there can still be issues, I have found waiting a single day normally helps to make the initial experience more enjoyable.  Besides, I can still get home after work and attempt to log-in.  If everything works, great!  I can stay up late and know I do not have to be up early for work the next day!

• 333 posts
    September 29, 2020 2:52 PM PDT

Hehe a day off  .... more like the week :) 

• 31 posts
    September 29, 2020 3:37 PM PDT

Nowadays mmos offer so many character customization options that I never play on release day anyway. Spend the first 4 days trying to make a character I'm happy with... I miss games where you only select a face, haircut and skin tone :p

• 49 posts
    September 29, 2020 3:54 PM PDT
    I always tend to be sick on release day of an mmo I am interested in.
    • 50 posts
    September 29, 2020 4:38 PM PDT

Day one I shall be there in Syronai's Rest.

Cant wait.

• 1404 posts
    September 29, 2020 4:48 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Day-One Releases, Do you stay up late, take a day off work or set time aside to play a game as soon as the servers go live or do you wait for the rush to pass and then jump in? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Depends a lot on the day of the week,

Launch on Monday, I'll probably take Wed. Thur. Fri. off

Launch on Tues, Wed, I'll wait till the weekend.

Launch on Fri. - Sun,  Yea I'll be there all night until I get on.

• 144 posts
    September 30, 2020 9:48 AM PDT

I will be taking time off for pantheon, probably a week or two of work. Will depend when game launches. 

There is just something so magical about being on at the "birth" of the game that you will call home for 8-12 years. 

Once that moment is gone...its gone. A month or a year after launch you won't be able to go back and login when NOBODY has a clue where anything is. Even a brand new server if you form a group they will say "Meet me  Dungeon A" And you will immediately know what that is and just mindlessly run there, avoiding the mobs with ease. 

But on DAY ONE, man... just too cool. "What's that? Lets check it out!" "Oh, its just a small rat cave..." "Whats that big tower there?" "Oh ****, its lvl 30's, come back later" "Whats this waterfall? Oh sweet a secret pirate cove!"

You just can't get day 1 back. 

I will have a brand new PC  built, I will have a week or two off work, I will have a full party group already made that is dedicated to 17+ hour sessions...and they will have to swear by blood! lol

• 690 posts
    September 30, 2020 1:45 PM PDT

I just play as soon as I can without breaking my life. I don't mind the rush or being a little late, whichever happens to be most realistic.