Forums » Pantheon Races

Racial Abilities?

• 1 posts
    December 7, 2018 10:54 PM PST

Has there been any word on what abilities will be given to the different races? I haven't been able to find any as yet, just wondering if I missed something.

Thanks in advance,

-Tav

• 245 posts
    December 8, 2018 6:12 AM PST

In one of the recent streams Joppa mentioned each race having one activated ability and one passive trait.

More info in the future.

• 3852 posts
    December 8, 2018 8:34 AM PST

At the risk of being obvious - I hope that any abilities are created in a way that lets them scale up without it requiring a lot of work later. Let me give an example from LOTRO.

The race of Man had a racial ability to cast a self-heal - with a fairly long cooldown. If I recall correctly 3,000 points of healing. Back when the game began and the top level was 50 this was a good ability.

Today the level cap is 120 and if you trip on an anthill it may do 3,000 points of damage - which you will never notice. Yet the racial ability is unchanged. Had they made it 50% of maximum health it might have worked about the same way back at the start and required no tinkering to remain useful. The only point is, if you do things that require no extra work to stay relevant in three or five or 10 years it can be a big plus both for players and whoever the programmers may be then - which just could be you.

• 9115 posts
    December 8, 2018 3:34 PM PST

Moved to Pantheon Races.

• 48 posts
    December 9, 2018 10:34 PM PST

I really hope they put some serious thought into this if they are doing this, Vanguard had wildly unbalanced racial traits (well, one class sucked anyways), so much so that I actually wanted to play as something other than my desired race. I didn't, partly 'cause the race with the trait I liked was not compatible with Rangers, but partly 'cause I really like wood elves and just accepted that lame skill (turn into a wolf, cure and prevent root/snare for a min or so and SoW)... basically a solo'ers skill and not even a great one.

Meanwhile a Kojani human could instantly heal HP and energy by 45%, others had invulnerability or rune/ward, HP max increase, redistribution of resources, aggro wipes... Really, whoever did the abilities was really good til the wood elf, then they mailed it in.

This post was edited by Merkades at December 9, 2018 10:36 PM PST
    • 27 posts
    December 27, 2018 2:58 AM PST
    Omg im drooling for this information to come out.
    • 223 posts
    February 24, 2019 2:37 PM PST

*taps foot*..ahem! any word?!

• 3 posts
    March 30, 2019 10:58 AM PDT

monthly bump.. please release some info?

• 291 posts
    October 16, 2019 11:12 AM PDT

Merkades said:

I really hope they put some serious thought into this if they are doing this, Vanguard had wildly unbalanced racial traits (well, one class sucked anyways), so much so that I actually wanted to play as something other than my desired race. I didn't, partly 'cause the race with the trait I liked was not compatible with Rangers, but partly 'cause I really like wood elves and just accepted that lame skill (turn into a wolf, cure and prevent root/snare for a min or so and SoW)... basically a solo'ers skill and not even a great one.

Meanwhile a Kojani human could instantly heal HP and energy by 45%, others had invulnerability or rune/ward, HP max increase, redistribution of resources, aggro wipes... Really, whoever did the abilities was really good til the wood elf, then they mailed it in.

Im not sure if this innate was changed but it was far more than a mere SOW when I had it. It literally doubled whatever your run speed was for 3 minutes (for the first year of the game it just perma worked if you chunked with it on). As a bard this was intense. Espesially with the gnome tunnel. Id be running around at 1400% run speed. Fun times. Anyways visiting this thread to ***BUMP*** it. Very much looking forward to the racials being rolled out PRIOR TO LAUNCH! /eye

• 520 posts
    October 16, 2019 6:47 PM PDT

This is pretty much the most awaited info right now for me (along with the Necromancer class info). I hope they won't leave us waiting for too long!

• 42 posts
    October 23, 2019 2:33 PM PDT

Racial innates announced tonight on VR's Twitch channel 6pm CST and 9pm EST!
    https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms/