Forums » Pantheon Races

Race Reveals?

• 945 posts
    August 31, 2018 6:05 AM PDT

I did a cursory search for related topics but the only "reveal" posts I found were about the class reveals.  With that being said, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a similar style of Race reveal in the upcoming months?  I understand that lore has been developed, but I'm refering more to the racial differences to help me get a better concept of how I may want to develope a character.  i.e. If I'm on the fence between making a Human or Dwarven fighter and I learn that the Dwarves are vulnerable to fire in exchange for cold resistance, I may choose Human.  I know it's not important at this stage in development but it would definitely spark a lot of interest and conversation.  

• 57 posts
    August 31, 2018 6:47 AM PDT

I've heard rumors that this month may have race updates/reveals. They typically release info in the monthly newsletter, which just happens to come out on Wednesday (*2nd* Wednesday of the month). Should be interested to see what they've done over the past few weeks!

This post was edited by Bradley at September 5, 2018 6:47 AM PDT
    • 945 posts
    September 14, 2018 6:37 AM PDT

I was looking for something more like information regarding their physical attributes or skill bonus like the Skar having a higher STA at the cost of a lower INT but perhaps regain resource at a faster rate meannig that if you play a skar necro you may have a smaller mana pool but you regain your resource faster, but if you play a Skar warrior you wouldn't need INT any way and would only benefit from having both high STA and resource regen (as an example.)  Maybe they would have penalities to INT based crafting and bonuses to those that require endurance... *shrug*  I know this kind of detail is likely far from finalized but some general ideas of where they are wanting the races to go would be helpful in getting community feedback and suggestions to help the devs out with more ideas to pick from.

• 627 posts
    October 18, 2018 8:00 AM PDT
    I too am looking forward for the class revivals. I want to see the ups and downs and race special passive skill ofc!

I hope the skills varies a lot, like Dark Myr water swim speed/breath and bonus to pressure acclimation, Cold resis and maybe give them +10 to fishing since they are myr men.

I hope non of the races has any bonus to factions or bonus % xp. I think it's a bad idea, rather give us some other cool stuff that won't affect progression like we saw with humans in Eq, and humans in wow with easier faction lvling. It's OP at release and brings no fun to the table.

I agree many of us are anxiously wating to see what VR brings to the table, so we finally can pick n choose our class and race combo. I hope the Archai race will make an awesome shaman if not I will look at scar and ogra to see what's is the best option for me.