Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Is colored mana still a thing?

• 595 posts
    August 9, 2018 9:56 AM PDT

Joppa said:

Just a bit of clarity here before speculation leads to unmet expectations :)

Currently, we're exploring some design directions for Colored Mana to play a significant role in the Crafting sphere. If we land on something we feel really good about, that's the aspect of Colored Mana you would see the soonest.

Regarding the Adventuring sphere, there have been a few directions we have considered/prototyped in the past that ultimately did not feel successful, being an additional layer of complexity that felt clunky and didn't harmonize with the Pantheon experience as a whole. So we're considering a different approach by using the Crafting system as the flagship incorporation of Colored Mana. If this proves successful, it could open up more clear paths on how we might incorporate Colored Mana into the Adventuring sphere more successfully.

This is fascinating, and I think it could add a very cool level of depth and customization to crafting.  Really looking forward to hearing more.

I've been wondering about the colored mana system for a while as we've not seen any iteration in a very long time.  I'm very interested to see where this goes.  Good stuff -- thanks Chris and Brad \m/