Forums » Pantheon Classes

Beast Lords

• 57 posts
    July 18, 2018 3:41 PM PDT

I have noticed a few requests for the above mentioned class and also noted from other posters that the BL class will probably never be added to the game.  I was wondering if an accommodation could be made, such as allowing shaman, druid, or rangers to AA or spec out as a pet focus?

• 2419 posts
    July 18, 2018 5:08 PM PDT

How, other than just a personal desire to play a beastlord, would it benefit and/or improve the game?  What aspects about a BL class are not already something that one or all classes do not already cover? What role is missing that you think the BL is needed to fill?

This post was edited by Vandraad at July 18, 2018 5:09 PM PDT
    • 999 posts
    July 18, 2018 6:54 PM PDT

@Vandraad

It doesn't fill a need other than add more variety.  But, you could realistically say there only needs to be one of each in the Quaternity also.  Warrior/Cleric/DPS/Enchanter.  I definitely don't think the class would need to be for launch, but I really enjoyed the beastlord in EQ. 

To the OP, I highly doubt we will see "Specs" like WoW, but I'm guessing there probably will be a system ultimately similar to AAs and special specializations like EQ - choosing alteration vs. conjuration etc.

• 14 posts
    August 15, 2018 1:59 PM PDT

I would love to play the BL.  Thematically, it's more fun than the Mage/Conjurer to me; summoning different types of animals or having one animal that grows in power with you is really fun.  I loved the BL in EQ and loved that you were similar to a bard in that you were a jack of all trades type of character.  You could heal your pet or others in a pinch, use pet to tank a little, melee some, cast spells at range, etc.  You couldn't do everything (splitting was tough, tanking a mob without the pet would be rough, etc), but you had a lot of versatility, and you could slide into a group and fill in as a poor man's tank (pet), a melee dps role, a ranged dps role, and decent buffs, too.

+1 for the BeastLord in my opinion.

• 11 posts
    October 14, 2018 5:36 PM PDT
    I really liked the BL in EQ. I see no reason why a group would not want a class that could do a bit of everything and provide everyone with some enhanced regens. I assume the bard will fill this roll eventually, maybe even the mana battery necro. Personally I would love to see these devs take a shot at a melee pet class.
    • 945 posts
    October 15, 2018 12:06 PM PDT

I really really enjoyed my Black Kajit Beast Lord with his large displacer beast as a pet in EQ2.  Fighting like a monk that provided great resource regen for the party with his pet for great DPS or offtanking.   I think the BL could easily fit into the DPS category with the summoner as well as bring a lot of support with haste/slows and maybe group healing from % of damage dealt (similar to the BL in EQ2).  I'm certain there will be new classes added in future expansions (as long as the game survives more than a year) and I'd look forward to seeing the BL be one of them... as well as a DeathKnight/ShadowKnight type of class (since the DL is more like the Berserker class).