Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Time for a head count!

• 9115 posts
    May 31, 2018 4:01 AM PDT

While Pantheon is primarily a PvE game we will have separate PvP servers - so let's do a quick head count - How many PvP and RP fans do we have within our awesome community? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

• 1479 posts
    May 31, 2018 4:21 AM PDT

PvE and Rp fan here !

• 62 posts
    May 31, 2018 5:31 AM PDT

PvE and RP for me.  PvP gets too ugly, imo.

Boyfriend (who is not on forums but wants his vote counted) says PvE all the way (no RP like me, lol.)

• 76 posts
    May 31, 2018 5:32 AM PDT

Love Good PvE while PvP server flagged. 

• 200 posts
    May 31, 2018 5:38 AM PDT

PvE and only PvE. :)

Greetings

• 34 posts
    May 31, 2018 5:42 AM PDT

PvE for me too, I have enjoyed PvP on and off but I most of the time I just want to quest/harvest or just roam around and can't be bothered with PvP.

• 7 posts
    May 31, 2018 5:52 AM PDT

PVE with some RP ... PVP is horrible, with OW PVP being the worst. 

This post was edited by Comma at May 31, 2018 5:52 AM PDT
    • 30 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:01 AM PDT
    I do enjoy PvP in most mmo's except EQ1, balancing issues were never their strong point due to the teams PvE mindset. Unable to catch bards, monks killing themselves on a druids damage shield, etc... Feaming for some challenging PvE content that I know this design team can deliver, don't want the team segmented for class balance in PvE and PvP.
    • 432 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:02 AM PDT

PvE only . RP if possible . I have never understood why somebody would want PvP in an MMORPG when there are so many and better PvP opportunities (MOBA f.ex) .

In an extreme case I could have an understanding for RvR because it makes some limited sense for an RPG environment and a world with well defined factions . 

• 2756 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:07 AM PDT

I want absolute focus on PvE to make it the best it can be please.

RP depends on the server rules.  I generally to join RP servers because you usually get people who take the lore and fantasy atmosphere seriously.  It also seems to reduce the competitive negatives (people who RP are generally not obsessed by 'beating' other players, even when they RP 'evil').

I would prefer no PvP, but if it's absolutely segregated and takes minimal development effort away from the PvE, then I suppose it's fine.

This post was edited by disposalist at May 31, 2018 6:08 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:21 AM PDT

Carebear reporting for duty - no pvp unless it is faction-based where I am fighting for a cause not just murdering for my own benefit. As with what Deadshade said.

I have often roleplayed and will start on a roleplaying server rather than a general server if other things are equal.

• 70 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:26 AM PDT

I enjoy PvE only myself.  Tried PvP many times, but prefer PvE.

• 801 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:30 AM PDT

PVE for these games, FPS for others.

• 1281 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:36 AM PDT

I am a PvE'er, however, I would like to see "arenas" or something similar on the PvE servers for when we'd like to horse around.

• 76 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:38 AM PDT

disposalist said:

I would prefer no PvP, but if it's absolutely segregated and takes minimal development effort away from the PvE, then I suppose it's fine.

It is segregated. I mean you asking for something you don’t like to not be implemented is like me asking for there to be no rp servers. Doesn’t affect me so I shouldn’t care.

Also an mmo is far better pvp than moba imo. I don’t wanna sit down and play “matches” I wanna develop my toon and skills.

• 2138 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:50 AM PDT

PvE and RP here.

However I would also appreciate PvP zones as it ties into an RP perspective- like, if Skar starting city and entire zone was all PvP, leaving he choice to the player as to wether or not to engage in such PvP. Or, as mentioned above, PvP designated areas or arenas for horsing around.

• 780 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:52 AM PDT

I do enjoy PvP in MMORPGs sometimes, but the PvE is what I enjoy most.  I love that PvE and PvP will be balanced separately in PRF.  Nothing worse than a PvE nerf due to PvP balance.

• 151 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:58 AM PDT

PvE.

RP would be great only if there were special rules to the server, like no common language. Things that would give it an added challenge and force you to be more involved in your character in different ways. If it's just a server that says RP on it but doesnt change anything then whats the point?

• 107 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:27 AM PDT
    PvE only here. MMOs today put way too much focus on pvp and it's what usually causes their failure.
    • 20 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:41 AM PDT

PVE only for me

• 2 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:48 AM PDT

PVE only form me

• 1479 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:52 AM PDT

Sabot said:

PvE.

RP would be great only if there were special rules to the server, like no common language. Things that would give it an added challenge and force you to be more involved in your character in different ways. If it's just a server that says RP on it but doesnt change anything then whats the point?

Getting us roleplayers on the same one, favoring wild roleplay and roleplay groups with unknown people.

• 16 posts
    May 31, 2018 7:57 AM PDT

PvE here but have nothing against PvP.

• 1315 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:03 AM PDT

My wife and I will be in the PVE only with a preference for a good RP ruleset.

• 1404 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:06 AM PDT

PvE and RP here.

But I would totally jump on a PVP server where PvP was controlled by faction and or Bountys.

EDIT: To more clearly answer Kilsins actual question as pointed out in several post in this thread.

Kilsin said:

How many PvP and RP fans do we have within our awesome community?

I have ZERO interest in an open world FFA slaughter fest PvP server.

I have zero interest in a RP server that is RP in name only or that simply has a rule "Role playing is encouraged"

My ideal server would be something like Happytrees Immersion Server

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1922/idea-suggestion-realism-immersion-server

Add to that controlled PVP where we as a comunity could defend ourselves from Griefers. Like Real life where Murder is possible by all but highly discouraged. In THAT case I would RP and PVP. So it really depends on the servers being offered.. the normal PVP  and RP... no interest at all.

This post was edited by Zorkon at June 2, 2018 12:29 PM PDT