Forums » News and Announcements

Class Reveals and a Pax Recap Highlight the May Newsletter

• 9115 posts
    May 17, 2018 3:57 AM PDT

Rogues, Rangers and Monks! We reveal to you the treacherous Rogue, the versatile Ranger and the disciplined Monk so what are you waiting for, jump right in and check it out:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_may_intro/

Image may contain: 2 people

• 763 posts
    May 17, 2018 4:03 AM PDT

Oh No!

They let the Ranja's in ....

But, Yay! for the newsletter arriving :)

Evoras, expect to hear the melodic screams of "Ranja down" once Launch starts ....

• 1479 posts
    May 17, 2018 4:28 AM PDT

Neat ! I love the glimpse at dark myrs.

• 31 posts
    May 17, 2018 4:55 AM PDT

Awesome information! I love the format for the class pages now. Will cleric and shaman get updated to be as informative? 

Great artwork by the way, I think I may have found my new wallpapers.

• 15 posts
    May 17, 2018 5:11 AM PDT

AggaSilverscale said:

Awesome information! I love the format for the class pages now. Will cleric and shaman get updated to be as informative? 

Same as AggaSilverscale said: real nice class format gives alot more "feel" for how the classes will play. Hopefully you guys will have the time to update the Cleric and the Shaman pages as well.

• 59 posts
    May 17, 2018 5:43 AM PDT

no paladin :(

• 62 posts
    May 17, 2018 5:55 AM PDT

dayhjawk said:

no paladin :(

*Sends a /hug to the lonely Paladin!

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    May 17, 2018 6:07 AM PDT

AggaSilverscale said:

Yes, all formerly-revealed classes will be receiving an overhaul to match the rogue, ranger and monk.

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    May 17, 2018 6:19 AM PDT

Indeed. We'll be covering one Archetype per month until all Class writeups are released.

This month, I chose to focus on the Physical DPS class design writeups. I'm currently considering which Classes I want to focus on for next month, but all will be revealed soon :)

Looking forward to reading all of your feedback as our Classes take shape!

• 441 posts
    May 17, 2018 6:53 AM PDT

Great start and the class info and the art work is just steller. Cant wait for more (((cough))) Bard (((cough))) Thanks again and keep up the great work =-)

EDIT: Do rangers get pets???? just from looking at the art work...

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at May 17, 2018 6:59 AM PDT
    • 523 posts
    May 17, 2018 7:10 AM PDT

Joppa said:

Indeed. We'll be covering one Archetype per month until all Class writeups are released.

This month, I chose to focus on the Physical DPS class design writeups. I'm currently considering which Classes I want to focus on for next month, but all will be revealed soon :)

You should do the Control archtype.  You know, the Enchanter, Bard, and Necromancer.

• 25 posts
    May 17, 2018 7:31 AM PDT

Awesome, really digging the new layout on the class page.

• 34 posts
    May 17, 2018 7:48 AM PDT
    What a great read! There are so many nice details in this newsletter. First off, I’m loving the emblems for each of the races! I’m not sure if they are new, but they are such a nice touch that breathe a bit more life into each of the races they represent. I also love the amount of abilities you have discussed for each of the highlighted classes, and I look forward to hearing more! As far as the illustrations for the classes, is the monk an Archai? I’m absolutely loving the Dark Myr (insert heart eyes). I see the eyes aren’t illuminated in blue like the sketch art of the female Dark Myr on the race page, but I love it regardless. The information on the orcs is great as well. I loved seeing their varying characteristics based on their specific region. I can’t wait to camp the Desert Orcs on my Dark Myr *evil face*. All of this being said, I’ve created the blueprint for June’s newsletter. A) Highlight of the healing classes (saves time by just having to update cleric and shaman with more details, with novel work needed on the druid. B) An in depth look at Dark Myrs (similar to the elf and halfling updates) - Yes, I’m obsessed. Regardless of what you decide, keep up the nice work!
    • 1281 posts
    May 17, 2018 7:57 AM PDT

Really digging the new class page layout. And the race icons are fabulous.

Thanks!

• 441 posts
    May 17, 2018 8:30 AM PDT

Mathir said:

Joppa said:

You should do the Control archtype.  You know, the Enchanter, Bard, and Necromancer.

My guess with Bard just being green lit, Control archtype will be the last persented.

• 2138 posts
    May 17, 2018 9:18 AM PDT

Female orcs!- awesome. 

I liked the background of the orcs and the different types. I could see some low/high end environmental climate accclimation items dropping from each of the four "clans" and the winter orcs with the mystical/matriarchal aspect is neat. I hope they are higher level where everything is cold cold cold! so cold, I would be inclined to make some soup and sip it while I am playing.

Plus the nice thing is the orcs we have actually seen? also look like the concept art, no let-downs there. wysiwyg (wissy-wig, I learned that from various salt-water fish forums :) )

I also like how the devs refer to these classes as "physical" dps classes, a sublety and I nice one I think.

• 2886 posts
    May 17, 2018 9:18 AM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

Great start and the class info and the art work is just steller. Cant wait for more (((cough))) Bard (((cough))) Thanks again and keep up the great work =-)

EDIT: Do rangers get pets???? just from looking at the art work...

Dont forget to click on the class titles to get the full write-up. As you can see from this description, Rangers do get some temporary pets: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/ranger/

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 17, 2018 9:19 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    May 17, 2018 9:19 AM PDT

This was another lovely and muchly appriciated update <3 I'm really surprised how much I'm loving the gallery additions. Last month with the Ratkin I thought it was going to be my favorite (I love little animal races and at first with the amazing art I was in shock thinking it was going to be a playable race lol before I got to read everything!), but the orcs were so fun to read about, particularly the female orcs!

"Males by comparison are seen as disposable and eager to die... primarily because they are disposable and eager to die"

And this bit, "The Ooshaa’ruk, a magnificently large and rotund creature.." OMG I can't wait to get to see this in the game.

I'm really happy to see the rogue page get an update. It's refreshed my initial feelings about playing a rogue. I really can't wait.

Annnd I would also like to agree with what someone above me posted about maybe highlighting the healing classes next! Druid FTW!

Oops edit: I'm also really confused if I missed a part about the Dark Myr? I see art of the Archai Monk, Elven Ranger, and what looks like a Dwarven Rogue?

This post was edited by Falorie at May 17, 2018 9:28 AM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    May 17, 2018 9:51 AM PDT

Could get my head into it, and navigated throught the classes pages, and I'm really content.

A bit dubitative about the need to have "a specific ressource per class", as it looks a lot like what current mmo's are doing. It seems a bit out of roleplay on some point, but I'm not especially against it.

I still await to see more about all the classes, however I feel a bit shy about having some classes with "natural regen ressource" (like the rogue) and some with "dynamic generated ressources" (like the ranger and monk), as it means a lot of monk/ranger skills will be totally free.

Let's wait & see.

• 287 posts
    May 17, 2018 9:52 AM PDT

Joppa said:

put me down as a vote for enchanter and other casters!

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:11 AM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

My guess with Bard just being green lit, Control archtype will be the last persented.

To reiterate - it's still a "hope to have in" thing. It's currently looking promising, but it's by no means a guarantee.

• 16 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:13 AM PDT

I am not usally a DPS class kinda guy more healing and tanking but man the ranger looks like it is going to be a fun class to play and the monk has really caught my eye. lets hope next month is tanks or heals not that it really matters i am just loving the info. just wish it was weekly not monthly but i am a greedy man keep it up guys cant wait for launch day 

• 1 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:36 AM PDT
    Great newsletter as always! I am loving the class reveals. The info given has made me want to play all three of those classes!

To me the monk art is clearly a Dark Myr!
    • 2886 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:50 AM PDT

Falorie said:

Oops edit: I'm also really confused if I missed a part about the Dark Myr? I see art of the Archai Monk, Elven Ranger, and what looks like a Dwarven Rogue?

The race art in this newsletter is the female Dwarf Rogue, female Elf Ranger, and male Dark Myr Monk: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_may_rogues_rangers_monks/

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 17, 2018 10:50 AM PDT
    • 15 posts
    May 17, 2018 10:55 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Falorie said:

The race art in this newsletter is the female Dwarf Rogue, female Elf Ranger, and male Dark Myr Monk: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_may_rogues_rangers_monks/

Ah I can see that now, as someone else also mentioned above. Thanks :) You can see the hints of red and the armor seems to match/fit their look. I see a lot of responses on discord about the monk and rogue, I guess it can be a little confusing when there are three races with blue skin and white hair ^_^::