Forums » News and Announcements

How Players Shape Games Panel ft Brad McQuaid

• 9115 posts
    April 16, 2018 5:34 PM PDT

Community Impact: How Players Shape Games Panel | PAX East 2018 Day 3 ft Brad McQuaid

https://youtu.be/3bMjXtmudS8

#PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters #PAX #PAXEast

• 470 posts
    April 16, 2018 5:45 PM PDT

Thanks, Kilsin and Bazgrim. I was hoping this would get posted.

• 801 posts
    April 17, 2018 3:19 AM PDT

Love it thanks guys,

Everything brad said was spot on, we dont need to rehash the same things, like grouping is a key to losing those old EQ players, the RAW core of EQ back in 1999-2003 (this was the best example) changing it so much so that we left grouping behind. We left the social aspects.

On a personal note:

The best times in EQ was everthing prior to POP. NO seriously even though i played it until 2015-2017 i felt so enriched in eq then, not as much after pop. I felt lost around pop until i semi skipped past it.

But on a serious note:

I felt saying development matters, listening to how we feel. Sure you can not build a game, stop a game, build a different game daily because people change.

Rift best explained it, she said people have a different experience, which turns off players, groups, raiders, and it loses subscriptions.

Thanks Guys, for posting this.

(VR) has listened, and responded. People like Kilsin have been so super helpful keeping and growing this community together. New faces Like Baz have been bring and keeping the flow going even as a member of the community. I think more devs really need to watch this review, because they are lacking in a slow growing developer driven system out there. Crowdfunding is the new Developer....... This is the future, so they are the ones at the end of the day are going to fund games.

This post was edited by Crazzie at April 17, 2018 3:35 AM PDT
    • 690 posts
    April 17, 2018 7:05 AM PDT

Loved the video! I genuinely didn't know Pantheon was going to have an inner e-harmony. Sounds like fun!

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at April 17, 2018 7:07 AM PDT
    • 294 posts
    April 17, 2018 11:23 AM PDT

Great video. I honestly enjoyed listening to everyone on the panel. Keep rockin Brad. Pantheon is going to be a good time for all who get into it and stay for the long run.

I look forward to that good old fashioned dungeon crawl, sharing crazy goodness and laughs with a few friends, and finding that ultra rare chunk of ore to crack away at with my iron pick.

• 17 posts
    April 19, 2018 7:55 AM PDT

Oooh Brasse on the panel too !

• 2886 posts
    April 20, 2018 8:42 AM PDT

I'm glad you all enjoyed it :)

• 3016 posts
    April 25, 2018 11:42 AM PDT

Absolutely loved hearing about game development from the Dev side of things..thanks very much Baz. :)

• 416 posts
    April 25, 2018 12:37 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Absolutely loved hearing about game development from the Dev side of things..thanks very much Baz. :)

My thoughts exactly!

• 399 posts
    April 26, 2018 7:07 PM PDT

Brasse and I joined the guide program at the same time on Quellious in the early 2000's.  Was a guide for 2 years with her.  She was awesome.  Super happy that she used that as a spring board to land a good job at SOE and moved on to where she is now.  

• 3016 posts
    April 28, 2018 10:34 AM PDT

Durp said:

Brasse and I joined the guide program at the same time on Quellious in the early 2000's.  Was a guide for 2 years with her.  She was awesome.  Super happy that she used that as a spring board to land a good job at SOE and moved on to where she is now.  

It's nice to find out who was a guide or GM back in the day,  I've seen a few pop up here and there in the threads on this forum. :)

• 612 posts
    April 29, 2018 1:06 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

It's nice to find out who was a guide or GM back in the day,  I've seen a few pop up here and there in the threads on this forum. :)

I was a guide for a while on Mithaniel Marr server during Luclin and Planes of Power years.